Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 01:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Just took my first GMATPrep, and I'm a little worried...

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Just took my first GMATPrep, and I'm a little worried... [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2008, 21:03
Hi All,

I just scheduled my exam for next week, and my plan was to do each GMATPrep test twice before the exam, however, I ran into a little surprise tonight.

I've done the MGMAT exam 10 times (1,2,3, and 4 were done twice), with the last six results ranging from 730 to 750 (highest Q was a 49, and highest V was a 50). My goal is get a 750, and I had hoped to bump my scores over that in the next week with the GMATPrep tests until I took the first GMATPrep tonight...

I just scored a 50 on Q but a measly 36 on V! I think the combined factors of a long work day, a starting time of 10PM for the exam, and the UI difference between GMATPrep and MGMAT contributed some to the horrendous score, but I think it was mostly because the material was tougher. I had four or five reading passages, and they were all pretty tough IMO (I actually had to rush through the last 10 questions in the verbal section with 8 minutes left). I'm certain I won't score a 36 on GMATPrep again, but I'm not very confident about that 48+ V score anymore... How does the verbal section in the real GMAT compare to the MGMAT? The GMATPrep?

Thank you for your responses in advance (sorry for the venting). =)
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: Just took my first GMATPrep, and I'm a little worried... [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2008, 22:13
IMO, RC's are much easier in GmatPrep. The passages are simpler to understand and questions aren't that tough when compared to those of MGMAT tests. SC's are easier in MGMAT if you have a full grasp of their SC book, I find the SC's in gmatprep to be much tougher. The CR level to me is pretty much the same.

I advise you to not to sweat too much at this point. Analyze your mistakes in your first test and take the second one with a cool head
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 0

Re: Just took my first GMATPrep, and I'm a little worried... [#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2008, 07:36
rakesh22 wrote:
IMO, RC's are much easier in GmatPrep. The passages are simpler to understand and questions aren't that tough when compared to those of MGMAT tests. SC's are easier in MGMAT if you have a full grasp of their SC book, I find the SC's in gmatprep to be much tougher. The CR level to me is pretty much the same.

I advise you to not to sweat too much at this point. Analyze your mistakes in your first test and take the second one with a cool head

I agree with rakesh on SC's. I think GMATprep SC's are really much tougher than the OG SC's or MGMAT SC's. However, I disagree that RC's are easier. I have seen brutal passages in GMATPREP especially when you hit the 40+ levels.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

Re: Just took my first GMATPrep, and I'm a little worried... [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2008, 18:42
Focus on doing more verbal questions right now and not on quant. Do long practice sessions with verbal and then try out the GMATPrep again.
Re: Just took my first GMATPrep, and I'm a little worried...   [#permalink] 19 Aug 2008, 18:42