Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 19:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Just took my last practice test

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 0

Just took my last practice test [#permalink] New post 25 Dec 2005, 14:16
Just took my last practice test before the real deal

It was kaplan cat 4 from the cd. I only did the writing and math part. I didnt do the verbal part because people say that it is questionable. Like always i did not finish. Only got up to question 32 then guessed the rest. Anyway i got a 38. Not sure if thats good or not. I feel that the gmatprep exams were more difficult than kaplan. I hope the real thing is not like kaplan or gmatprep otherwise i probably will not be able to finish. I am taking the test on wed. thanks to everyone here.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
VP
VP
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2005, 16:06
Joemama, best of luck to you.

Did you take all the GMAT Prep?

BTW, I also think I have timing issues but I utilized this tip from a member here on my GMATPrep 2 today and helped tremendously. Maybe it will help you.....

Draw a grid on your test paper....

1-10 1:15 - 0:55
11-20 0:55 - 0:35
21-30 0:35 - 0:15
31-37/41 0:15 - 0:00

Don't be afraid to take a flying leap of faith.. If you risk nothing, than you gain nothing...

Director
Director

[#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2005, 19:53
thanks TeHCM,

Thanks for the timing chart. I will try to incorporate it. I did take all the gmat preps. what does your chart look like for verbal? I improved only 20 points since the first one. how much did you improve with use of the timing chart?
VP
VP

[#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2005, 19:56
I use the same chart for both quant and verbal. However, for verbal, I am a bit flexible as RCs/CRs are usually time consuming for me, so I know I can make up the lost time in SCs.

Overall, I improved 70 points ......but I think other factors may have contributed to the increase as well.

But having the grid definitely helped me as I was able to reference it from time to time. I didn't like looking at the clock too much, from past experiences, I found it to be very intimidating and distracting.

Don't be afraid to take a flying leap of faith.. If you risk nothing, than you gain nothing...

Director
Director

[#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2005, 20:00
70 is a huge improvement. someone told me that i should spend the least time in the middle because that is where experimental questions will most likely show up. what do you think?
VP
VP

[#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2005, 20:10
Trying to guess if the question is experienmental will not help.

For me, I treat each question equally. If I know the concept, then I know. If I don't, then I don't. If its taking too long, I make an educated guess and move on.

IMO, the most important questions are from Q1-15.

GMATPrep, I missed 13 questions in Quant but still got a 49, not sure how that happened.

[#permalink] 26 Dec 2005, 20:10