Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Sep 2014, 20:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Just took the GMAT today.... =(

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Just took the GMAT today.... =( [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2012, 12:33
I got a score of 540 (Q33, V31). I was a bit surprised to see both relatively close since during my practice tests, my quantitative score was at least 8 points higher than my verbal. I have no idea what happened.

I am trying to apply for the UC Davis Masters of Accountancy for fall of 2012 entry. Since it's a new program, I do not know the relative range of scores, but I do know that their management program has a range of 660-710. I'm not even close.

Application round 2 is next month and round 3 is in March. Do you think its worth the time if I take it next month and apply in March?

Thanks a lot!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
WE 1: Business Development
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 161

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Just took the GMAT today.... =( [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2012, 22:38
Hey there,

Your application is not only the GMAT. I do not know the school you mentioned and the specific program, however, even though GMAT is important its only a part of the package.

I think you should be honest with yourself and ask is the score gonna be better if you will retake it?

Do you have the time to retake it in a serious note? what will you do differently?

I personally believe that its only a question of studying right to get above 40 in each section. If you debrief each exam and study right, it is very much possible.

Anyways, good luck in any path you choose.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: Just took the GMAT today.... =(   [#permalink] 21 Jan 2012, 22:38