Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 20:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

KAP Diagnostic 570 – GMAT JUL-18, Advice needed

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

KAP Diagnostic 570 тАУ GMAT JUL-18, Advice [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2003, 20:23
Hi All,
Even though this is my first posting to the site, IтАЩm keenly observing the happenings. Thanks to all for their advices.

My scheduled G-DAY is on JUL 18th. Last week I took the Kaplan diagnostic and I scored 570. This week IтАЩm planning for Kaplan test-1. IтАЩm also planning for OG tests in next 1-month time. IтАЩve downloaded Crack GMAT practice test also.

IтАЩm in to the process of last month revision and taking practice tests. Can anybody guide me in this process? What is the best preparation method suitable for a person at this point of time?

Thanks in advanceтАж

Regards,
Jyoshi
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2219

Kudos [?]: 8186 [0], given: 3641

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: KAP Diagnostic 570 тАУ GMAT JUL-18, Ad [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2003, 23:45
Expert's post
sagarjv wrote:
Hi All,
Even though this is my first posting to the site, IтАЩm keenly observing the happenings. Thanks to all for their advices.

My scheduled G-DAY is on JUL 18th. Last week I took the Kaplan diagnostic and I scored 570. This week IтАЩm planning for Kaplan test-1. IтАЩm also planning for OG tests in next 1-month time. IтАЩve downloaded Crack GMAT practice test also.

IтАЩm in to the process of last month revision and taking practice tests. Can anybody guide me in this process? What is the best preparation method suitable for a person at this point of time?

Thanks in advanceтАж

Regards,
Jyoshi

Kaplan's diagnostic is usually not a very good test since it cuts RC a lot - giving two passasges and only 10 minutes for the whole thing.

I think I had a little more than 570, but not sure how much exactly.

I think you have the same materials as I did a while ago when I was preparing.

one thing to watch is mistakes and review them - sort of analyze and try to figure out a pattern or just the reason for doing them. Many give up immediately on this, saying that they made a mistake because they did not understand the passage, but I would look beyond that - why did not they understand the passage?

-=
Intern
Intern

Re: KAP Diagnostic 570 тАУ GMAT JUL-18, Ad [#permalink] New post 29 Jun 2003, 19:46
Hi Jyoshi,

Have you tried out the Crack the GMAT practice test yet? From what I understand, it says that the actual score it assigns you is about 100 points less than what you would really get on the real thing.

Have you found this to be true? (I took this diagnostic test and after being disappointed with my score, I sure hope it is 100 points too low :)

sagarjv wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks in advanceтАж

Regards,
Jyoshi
Intern
Intern

try other tests [#permalink] New post 30 Jun 2003, 16:21
Try some other practice tests to see how you do...Princeton Review will be a lot closer to your real GMAT score, and Powerprep should be the closest since it's the real thing. You can try one of the PR tests online at review.com, but they have 4 on CD if you get the Cracking the GMAT book. Great verbal strategies, btw. I trust you also have the Official Guide with the bazillion practice questions? :lol:
try other tests   [#permalink] 30 Jun 2003, 16:21