Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 20:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kaplan 630 VS Manhattan GMAT 600

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GPA: 3.95
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 20

Kaplan 630 VS Manhattan GMAT 600 [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2012, 05:44
Hello all,

I am very much confused!! Need your help.

When I wrote 2 exams of Kaplan (both are free events), I got 650 & 630 respectively.

After that, I got 600 in Manhattan's free GMAT test.

What I know is, we can add up to 100 to Kaplan's score to represent realistic GMAT score, but MGMAT's score is accurate. In that case, my results would be roughly 730 & 600 only. I am confused with this much difference.

I just want to know, if MGMAT' free test score is realistic. Can anyone let me know?

Thanks

-------------------------
-Aravind Chembeti

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
GMAT Forum Moderator
Concentration: Healthcare, Economics
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 55

Kudos [?]: 411 [1] , given: 234

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Kaplan 630 VS Manhattan GMAT 600 [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2012, 03:17
This post received
KUDOS
The "add 100 to a Kaplan score" is from the older tests (pre 2008 or so). Kaplan has come a long way since then and people have reported its tests are much more in line with the real thing.

MGMAT has been strong for some time now. In the past, the math section on MGMAT test were reported as being much more difficult than the real thing. That being said, many people typically scored quite close to his/her MGMAT score.

Try our score calculator:
http://gmatclub.com/gmat-score-calculator/

Have you taken a GMATPrep test yet? That will paint the most accurate picture for you.

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V48
GPA: 3.61
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 12

Re: Kaplan 630 VS Manhattan GMAT 600 [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2012, 03:38
mohater wrote:
The "add 100 to a Kaplan score" is from the older tests (pre 2008 or so). Kaplan has come a long way since then and people have reported its tests are much more in line with the real thing.

MGMAT has been strong for some time now. In the past, the math section on MGMAT test were reported as being much more difficult than the real thing. That being said, many people typically scored quite close to his/her MGMAT score.

Have you taken a GMATPrep test yet? That will paint the most accurate picture for you.

Why does the performance under pressure have such great influence on the score on the calculator? What if I'm calm during the real test?
GMAT Forum Moderator
Concentration: Healthcare, Economics
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 55

Kudos [?]: 411 [0], given: 234

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Kaplan 630 VS Manhattan GMAT 600 [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2012, 04:49
PatternRecognizer wrote:
Why does the performance under pressure have such great influence on the score on the calculator? What if I'm calm during the real test?

The GMAT, similar to other standardized tests, is very stressful. You have a very limited allocation of time to get through the problems and on top of it, the test is a computer adaptive test. There is a fairly representative population of people who did consistent on practice tests, but then score well below his/her potential on the real thing.

I never scored above a 680 on any practice test, but managed a 710 on the real thing.

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: Kaplan 630 VS Manhattan GMAT 600   [#permalink] 01 Apr 2012, 04:49