Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Apr 2014, 11:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kaplan Course Online CAT vs. Kaplan CD CAT from book

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 60 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Kaplan Course Online CAT vs. Kaplan CD CAT from book [#permalink] New post 31 Jul 2007, 13:53
I am enrolling in the Kaplan GMAT advanced class. They have 8 practice online CAT. I took four of them and scored as follows:
CAT1 770 (55Q 48V) (missed two math and 10 verbal)
CAT2 730 (55Q 37V) (got all math correct and missed about 12 verbal)
CAT3 730 (53Q 39V) (missed two math and 10 verbal)
CAT4 750 (55Q 44V) (missed two math and 10 verbal)
It seems to me the math score are unrealistic because in the real exam I have never seen anyone score more than 52 in quant.
I assume these online CAT for students who enroll in their classes are easier than the Kaplan CAT CD from the book that every is talking about. So I took one CAT from the CD that comes with their book as well and scored 680 (50Q 37V). I could see the scoring is a little bit different here. Maybe the CD is harder? But I do see some repeated questions in the CD especially Reading Comp. questions.

Anyways, I just took one MGMAT CAT and scored 680 (47Q 36V). Well, since their math is harder so I don't feel too bad about it. I missed only 2 SC (WOO HOO) but I did miss about half of the RC questions and more than half of the CR questions (my CR is usually better than my SC, don't know what happened there.) I will probably take a GMATprep or PowerPrep this weekend and see what my score translates.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

ha [#permalink] New post 01 Aug 2007, 13:18
now I'm a bit worried. I'm also in the Kaplan Course.
I got a 660 on the diagnostic and a 660 on exam 1. (q50, v28)
I hear that the online Kaplan CAT for students matches your real GMAT score. I've scored 620-640 on the Manhattan GMAT.
I remember the Kaplan CD available to the public was much more difficult and the scoring was much more brutal.
ha   [#permalink] 01 Aug 2007, 13:18