Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 17:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kaplan GMAT 2010-2011 Premier with CD-ROM is on Sale

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 10

GMAT ToolKit User
Kaplan GMAT 2010-2011 Premier with CD-ROM is on Sale [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2010, 12:47
This post received
KUDOS
Hi bb,
Lemme Thank you in advance for my question

Is this is for Real , Does this Book below is avaialble as it says the edition date as 05/Jan/2010 in AMAZON...

Kaplan GMAT 2010-2011 Premier with CD-ROM (Kaplan GMAT Premier Program (w/CD)) (Paperback)..
looks like this is a newbook..
Surprisingly I dont see this Book listed in Kaplan Bookstore Site but i could find this Amazon..

The Greatest Mistake you can make in Life is Continually be afraid you will make one - Elbert Hubbard

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Tuck Thread Master
Schools: Stanford (in), Tuck (WL), Wharton (ding), Cornell (in)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 88 [0], given: 69

GMAT Tests User
Re: Kaplan GMAT 2010-2011 Premier with CD-ROM is on Sale [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2010, 13:19
Wow, that's something new... I thought that after Kaplan has moved a lot of content online there would be no more books with CD
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2231

Kudos [?]: 8336 [0], given: 3643

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Kaplan GMAT 2010-2011 Premier with CD-ROM is on Sale [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2010, 14:14
Expert's post
Thank you for posting this.

Yes, they have a copy with CD - I got in the mail a week or two ago but have not had time to do a very detailed comparison with previous edition, but sounds like I need to move fast :)

Here is the link to the book: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/160714 ... 1607142708

Sorry, it is not really on sale - 34% off is a typical discount on a book at Amazon.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder

Kudos [?]: 8336 [1] , given: 3643

Re: Kaplan GMAT 2010-2011 Premier with CD-ROM is on Sale [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2010, 15:37
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
A quick comparison between Kaplan Premier 2011 with CD and Kaplan Live Online found that there are a total of 4 differences in the two books:

1. Page 377 added a few lines into an explanation
2. Page 417 added a phrase to clarify an explanation
3. Page 426 added .00 to several numbers
4. Page 441 fixed formatting issue that has to do with text indent

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 10

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Kaplan GMAT 2010-2011 Premier with CD-ROM is on Sale [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2010, 23:05
Thanks bb,
That was fast..
what is your Suggestion on this Following Book Plan,
MGMAT complete Prep set set of 8 books + Math Foundation + Test simulation booklet + OG 12 + Og Math review + og Verbal Review once this is done planning on Kaplan GMAT 2010-2011 Premier considering my self I need Some Heavy Brush up on my Math and Verbal Skill ..

The Greatest Mistake you can make in Life is Continually be afraid you will make one - Elbert Hubbard

Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: Kaplan GMAT 2010-2011 Premier with CD-ROM is on Sale [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2010, 00:00
Expert's post
vasanthanand wrote:
Thanks bb,
That was fast..
what is your Suggestion on this Following Book Plan,
MGMAT complete Prep set set of 8 books + Math Foundation + Test simulation booklet + OG 12 + Og Math review + og Verbal Review once this is done planning on Kaplan GMAT 2010-2011 Premier considering my self I need Some Heavy Brush up on my Math and Verbal Skill ..

If you are doing that, you don't need the Kaplan book :)
You will be busy for the next 3 months....

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 10

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Kaplan GMAT 2010-2011 Premier with CD-ROM is on Sale [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2010, 14:57
Hi BB,
Thanks for the reply Will Stay with the Plan.
Alas! I came to know one of the Fellow Member has Posted that Kaplan Acquires Manhattan GMAT ..

What would be the Impact on this do you think their MGMAT material will be Overtaken by Kaplan Material or MGMAT will still be a Independent Entity.. but Kaplan holds the ownership.

P.S i just bought the COmplete Prep set from MGMAT and they have given me their Online Access till Jan 2011, hope Kaplan does not Change all of MGMAT Proprietary resources.

Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: Kaplan GMAT 2010-2011 Premier with CD-ROM is on Sale [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2010, 15:08
Expert's post
vasanthanand wrote:
Hi BB,
Thanks for the reply Will Stay with the Plan.
Alas! I came to know one of the Fellow Member has Posted that Kaplan Acquires Manhattan GMAT ..

What would be the Impact on this do you think their MGMAT material will be Overtaken by Kaplan Material or MGMAT will still be a Independent Entity.. but Kaplan holds the ownership.

P.S i just bought the COmplete Prep set from MGMAT and they have given me their Online Access till Jan 2011, hope Kaplan does not Change all of MGMAT Proprietary resources.

The acquisition has not been officially confirmed by any of the companies (though at this point they did not deny either, which means yes, it is true). I doubt there would be any changes to the contracts that MGMAT has with its customers, so you should have online access for a whole year. I doubt anything will change in the next 12 months, but that's a whole different discussion that goes way beyond online MGMAT access.

Founder of GMAT Club

Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 36

GMAT Tests User
Re: Kaplan GMAT 2010-2011 Premier with CD-ROM is on Sale [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2010, 11:57
Assuming I don't have any issues with the CD, would you suggest this book over Kaplan GMAT Live 2010?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Kaplan GMAT 2010-2011 Premier with CD-ROM is on Sale [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2010, 08:07
Thanks for the differences. But i wish to know if their is any core difference between 'premier live 2010' and 'premier program 2010 2011 with cd rom'. Azzin in terms of one comes with a CD the other has some online content. I wish to purchase one this weekend. Please guide which one is a better pick or if their is no difference between the two.

Cheers.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: Kaplan GMAT 2010-2011 Premier with CD-ROM is on Sale [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2010, 09:01
Expert's post
delinx wrote:
Thanks for the differences. But i wish to know if their is any core difference between 'premier live 2010' and 'premier program 2010 2011 with cd rom'. Azzin in terms of one comes with a CD the other has some online content. I wish to purchase one this weekend. Please guide which one is a better pick or if their is no difference between the two.

Cheers.

Did you read this post above kaplan-gmat-2010-2011-premier-with-cd-rom-is-on-sale-88798.html?view-post=670044#p670044 ???

Founder of GMAT Club

Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Kaplan GMAT 2010-2011 Premier with CD-ROM is on Sale [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2010, 12:17
hi bb i think we were both just wondering if the cd part is exactly the same as the live online part or if there were any other differences. also would appreciate it if you would post if there are any other differences than the ones you mentioned above once you have a chance to do a more thorough comparison.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: Kaplan GMAT 2010-2011 Premier with CD-ROM is on Sale [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2010, 14:43
Expert's post
username123 wrote:
hi bb i think we were both just wondering if the cd part is exactly the same as the live online part or if there were any other differences. also would appreciate it if you would post if there are any other differences than the ones you mentioned above once you have a chance to do a more thorough comparison.

1. Yes.
2. No.

There is no difference.

Founder of GMAT Club

Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Kaplan GMAT 2010-2011 Premier with CD-ROM is on Sale [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2010, 15:35
so the borders by my house does not have kaplan premier 2010 live in stock. they only have kaplan premier 2010-2011 with CD...

i googled and found this:

The number of MAC users is growing every day, and it probably won't surprise you to hear that you are not the first MAC user to give us this kind of feedback on the CD. We at Kaplan take our students' concerns and feedback very seriously. It's how we are able to create the most personalized and focus prep for our students. Your satisfaction is our top priority! Therefore, we are using all this feedback from MAC users as we plan for the 2010 edition of our GMAT guide in order to create the most effective prep tool possible.

the kaplan representative seems to imply that starting with the 2010 edition of the book, the cd with all the CAT's would be compatible with macs. i have access to a pc, but would much rather use a mac. can someone please confirm that the cd that comes with kaplan premier 2010-2011 works 100% fine with macs?

thanks.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: Kaplan GMAT 2010-2011 Premier with CD-ROM is on Sale [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2010, 16:19
Expert's post
CDROM does not work on a Mac (I just tried). The book also says you must have a PC with windows 98 or higher, so I would guess it is a no :lol:

However, here is what the book says:
If you have trouble with your CD or you own a MAC computer, you can access the CAT practice tests from the CD-ROM online via your online companion (see "your online companion" section of this quick start guide).

So, you should be able to get to the tests online with a Mac.

Founder of GMAT Club

Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: Kaplan GMAT 2010-2011 Premier with CD-ROM is on Sale [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2010, 16:22
Expert's post
Also, just saw in big letters: The software on this CD-ROM is Windows-compatible only. It was NOT designed to operate on Apple Macintosh (MAC) computers.

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
Intern

Re: Kaplan GMAT 2010-2011 Premier with CD-ROM is on Sale [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2010, 12:50
Hello All,

I bought this book and was able to use the 4 tests on the CD, but have not been able to access the online 2 tests.

Can someone point me to the directions?

Thanks
Agnita
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: Kaplan GMAT 2010-2011 Premier with CD-ROM is on Sale [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2010, 14:16
Expert's post
agnitap wrote:
Hello All,

I bought this book and was able to use the 4 tests on the CD, but have not been able to access the online 2 tests.

Can someone point me to the directions?

Thanks
Agnita

That would be a question to Kaplan... there are instructions in the book how to get the online diagnostic test and there is also one test in the book (paper).

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
Intern

Re: Kaplan GMAT 2010-2011 Premier with CD-ROM is on Sale [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2010, 14:46
Thanks!

Yes, one has to email the Kaplan support and only then will they activate the account so the exams show up.
Dont know why this is not printed on the book itself :-)
Re: Kaplan GMAT 2010-2011 Premier with CD-ROM is on Sale   [#permalink] 15 Feb 2010, 14:46