Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 03:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kaplan GMAT Test Prep.

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Kaplan GMAT Test Prep. [#permalink] New post 28 Aug 2007, 12:25
Hi everyone,

I would like to have your opnion on Kaplan GMAT Test Prep.
The program that I'm looking at is composed by a Diagnostic Exam, 4 math classes (3 hours each), 5 verbal classes (3 hours each) and 8 GMAT Computer Adaptive Test, plus a Kaplan Course book and GMAT Workbook. The classes are given once a week.

I know that this course by itself would not be enought, but I would like to find out if it is still worth it...

Thanks.
André
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 29 Aug 2007, 02:03
do you have an option of going to manhattan course ?
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 29 Aug 2007, 11:44
Trahul,

I know..... from what I've heard, the Manhattan Course is much better than the one offered by Kaplan, but unfortunately this course is not being offered in the city I live (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil).

Has anyone taken this Kaplan course before ?

Best regards,
André Fagundes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 03 Sep 2007, 15:58
I took the Kaplan course (intensive for 4 weeks - 5 hours every Sunday (2.5 hrs Math, 2.5 Verbal) in London and I found it very useful as it taught me a lot of strategies and shortcuts and familiarised myself with the test. However, once you have the content covered, the best thing is to practice with the real GMAT questions from the 11th Edition. Also the scores you get on the practice CATs in Kaplan arenot necessarily an accurate reflection of what you will get on the real GMAT. Kaplan tries to make the questions more difficult than the real GMAT but what that results in is questions that are not written in the same style of the real GMAT questions.

I took GMAT early Aug and got 580 so I am retaking on 12 Oct and am now using the Official Guide (OG) 11th Edition mainly and refer to the Kaplan materials for the shortcuts.

Depends what your situation is - if you know the GMAT structure well then you don't necessarily need the Kaplan course. Just use books. I went for the course to 'force' me to study the GMAT. Also depends how much time you have.

Hope this helps
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 04 Sep 2007, 04:57
Avenger,

I'm planning to take the GMAT in December. The Kaplan course starts a month from now and it ends a month before I take the GMAT, so I think It will be quite helpfull for me to take this course.

Thanks for sharing your experience...

André
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2007, 17:13
As a fellow South American and not an expert (i´m in the same spot as you are)

I would take it, math in english is not the same as in Portuguese or Spanish, so if you have the opportunity. take the course.

BR,

Alejandro
  [#permalink] 27 Oct 2007, 17:13