Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 23:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kaplan High level questions

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Kaplan High level questions [#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2012, 19:37
Hello

Below question is only regarding verbal section

While i am doing kaplan Quiz bank questions,i create small tests for myself and see how i am doing. The pattern i see is, generally i get most of the moderate and low level questions correct.

But when it comes to High level questions, i am not able to get many correct. ( for example if i see 5 High level questions, i will get only 1 or at max 2 correct.) which really brings down my score.

I have been practicing different questions and its been almost 2 months. But not exactly sure what to do. My worry is, if i don't get high level questions correct on actual GMAT than i wont be able to get a good score of above 700.

My second question is , i see questions are distributed in 3 categories ( Low, Medium, High) . Is that how questions r categorized in gmat as well. I know no one can say with complete surety about Gmat question. But i would really appreciate some opinion.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Followers: 310

Kudos [?]: 2604 [0], given: 695

Re: Kaplan High level questions [#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2012, 04:24
Expert's post
Alchemist123 wrote:
Hello

While i am doing kaplan Quiz bank questions,i create small tests for myself and see how i am doing. The pattern i see is, generally i get most of the moderate and low level questions correct.

But when it comes to High level questions, i am not able to get many correct. ( for example if i see 5 High level questions, i will get only 1 or at max 2 correct.) which really brings down my score.

I have been practicing different questions and its been almost 2 months. But not exactly sure what to do. My worry is, if i don't get high level questions correct on actual GMAT than i wont be able to get a good score of above 700.

My second question is , i see questions are distributed in 3 categories ( Low, Medium, High) . Is that how questions r categorized in gmat as well. I know no one can say with complete surety about Gmat question. But i would really appreciate some opinion.

well this question is difficult to handle because we should need the cristal ball.

how strong are your foundamentals ?? what is your strategy ?? and your weak ans strenght areas ??

This is important to know exactly where you are, at what point of your preparation.

Basically a tough problem is a medium level question wrapped more difficult where you have to distinguish paths, understand what really going on, then break down a problem into small pieces and starts from there. always you have to start from what you know and set up what you do not know.

If you try to digest the problem in one time is impossible to solve upper level problems.

Please follow these guidelines

http://www.beatthegmat.com/help-with-in ... tml#543633

COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS
Quant: 1. Bunuel Signature Collection - The Next Generation 2. Bunuel Signature Collection ALL-IN-ONE WITH SOLUTIONS 3. Veritas Prep Blog PDF Version
Verbal:1. Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section 2. e-GMAT's ALL CR topics-Consolidated 3. New Critical Reasoning question bank by carcass 4. Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik 5. e-GMAT's ALL SC topics-Consolidated-2nd Edition 6. The best reading to improve Reading Comprehension 7.Verbal question bank and Directories

Expert Post
Kaplan GMAT Instructor
Followers: 68

Kudos [?]: 186 [0], given: 2

Re: Kaplan High level questions [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2013, 10:57
Expert's post
Alchemist123 wrote:
Hello

Hi Alchemist,

We don't know exactly how the GMAT scores, but we do know that individual questions are scored more precisely than our three categories; our rough categories serve well enough for practice, however! As for overall scores, try not to read too much into your quizzes. Those are more to get you familiar with question types, strategies, and timing. If you're concerned about your score, the only way to get an accurate baseline is to take full-length practice tests.

I hope this helps, and good luck with your preparation!

Eli Meyer
Kaplan Teacher
http://www.kaptest.com/GMAT

Prepare with Kaplan and save $150 on a course!

Kaplan Reviews