Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 14 Sep 2014, 18:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kaplan Premium Online vs. Manhattan Gmat?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Kaplan Premium Online vs. Manhattan Gmat? [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2010, 16:48
Guys,

I have been working with "Kaplan Premium Online" course already.
However, despite a lot of study hours I keep getting the "rates", "overlapping sets", questions wrong. And honestly I think I need more help in DS questions.

Can anyone suggest if buying Mahattan Gmat CATs will help improve?
How is there Number Properties topic?
And also, which is closer to the real deal... MGMAT CATs or the KAPLAN CATs.??????

I think I do not have the time to go through the MGMAT books.
However, if anyone think that going through the books is a must then please, let me know.
Kaplan workshops for verbal seem to work fine for me. My issues pertain to the Quantitative section.
I plan to take the GMAT end March. Target score is 680.
Any advise will be appreciated....
Thanks, Amber
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
GMAT Forum Moderator
Concentration: Healthcare, Economics
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 54

Kudos [?]: 398 [0], given: 234

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Kaplan Premium Online vs. Manhattan Gmat? [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2010, 21:23
Hello Amber,

People have reported, ignoring GMATPrep, MGMAT exams as the closest to the real thing (maybe a bit more difficult). People have also reported success with 800score.com.

As for what materials to use, please consult the book review threads:

GMAT Books:
best-gmat-books-reviews-recommendations-for-your-prep-77703.html

Math books:
best-gmat-math-prep-books-reviews-recommendations-77291.html

Verbal books:
best-gmat-verbal-prep-books-reviews-recommendations-78094.html

Most popular books:
top-20-best-gmat-books-on-gmat-club-76582.html

Also, go through questions in the math forum. You will find detailed explanations and this should help you address your shortcoming.

Best of luck,

mohater

ambera wrote:
Guys,

I have been working with "Kaplan Premium Online" course already.
However, despite a lot of study hours I keep getting the "rates", "overlapping sets", questions wrong. And honestly I think I need more help in DS questions.

Can anyone suggest if buying Mahattan Gmat CATs will help improve?
How is there Number Properties topic?
And also, which is closer to the real deal... MGMAT CATs or the KAPLAN CATs.??????

I think I do not have the time to go through the MGMAT books.
However, if anyone think that going through the books is a must then please, let me know.
Kaplan workshops for verbal seem to work fine for me. My issues pertain to the Quantitative section.
I plan to take the GMAT end March. Target score is 680.
Any advise will be appreciated....
Thanks, Amber

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manhattan GMAT Student Services Associate
Followers: 24

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 0

Re: Kaplan Premium Online vs. Manhattan Gmat? [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2010, 07:29
Hi Amber,

If you are looking for more practice, definitely purchase the 1 year access to our CATs, but we always like to remind our students that taking practice tests is just one aspect of studying for the GMAT.

It sounds like you've been doing a lot of work with other materials, which is great, and I know you're not just practicing by taking lots of test. But since you asked how our Number Properties guide is, what I would suggest doing is buying the guide itself, as it comes with access to the CATs. You said you wouldn't have time to go through all of our books, but I believe that you could still get a lot of value from one of our books before your exam, and it might be more helpful to work from the book and use the practice tests than just purchase the practice tests by themselves.

Also, we do believe our CATs are closer to the actual GMAT than Kaplan's are. We have a dedicated curriculum development team who studies the test to make sure our tests as close to the real thing as possible. I'm glad to note out that others on this forum seem to agree (thanks Mohater!)

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

Best,
Caitlin Clay
Student Services Associate
Manhattan GMAT

Caitlin Clay | Manhattan GMAT Student Services Associate | New York

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Reviews

Director
Director
Affiliations: Columbia, Wharton, LBS
Schools: Harvard, Stanford, LBS, Columbia, Wharton, HEC Paris
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 113 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Kaplan Premium Online vs. Manhattan Gmat? [#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2010, 13:29
Books and practice tests are great for working through problems on your own. However, an objective eye on what you're weak points are and someone knowledgable with the ability to convey how to improve those weaknesses sometimes is the best remedy.

Have you used an error log in your studies? If you can provide previous tests, Manhattan Review tutors can help you analyze your weakpoints within Data Sufficiency and within a short period of time address how you may improve upon them. If you'd like to find out more about private tutoring, just contact us by PM or at the number/email in the sig. Good luck with your studies.

Manhattan Review GMAT Prep & MBA Admissions Consulting
Web: http://www.manhattanreview.com | Phone: +1.212.316.2000
Receive 20% off Admissions Consultings as GMATClub member!

Re: Kaplan Premium Online vs. Manhattan Gmat?   [#permalink] 17 Feb 2010, 13:29