Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Sep 2014, 10:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kaplan score ... Not sure what to think

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Kaplan score ... Not sure what to think [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2004, 17:10
Hi, everyone. I just completed my first Kaplan CAT and received a total score of 600 (75th percentile). The breakdown is: 38 Q, 34 V. One of my problems was running out of time with about 7-10 questions to spare (I did fill in an answer for every question). I found the test to be hard (although I did find an error in the test).

Not sure whether the percentile mean anything. Does the score mean that I'm doing okay with questions of medium difficulty and can now move on to harder questions like the ones in the GMAT800 book?

I'm about to finish OG and still need to complete problems on the Kaplan CD. I usually do practice problems under timed conditions.

Your thoughts are appreciated.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 164 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2004, 18:08
A 600 can lead you to 700+ on the actual exam. 2 things will help you reach the high 600 or 700+:
1- practice under timed condition.
2- analyze your error so as not to repeat them again. Error review should take you about half the time you spent doing the test

Kaplan is not representative of the actual test as it is much harder. Many people who ended up in the high 500 in Kaplan CD ended up with 700+. You are on the right track.

I got 600 on my two first Kaplan CAT and ended up with 710

Best Regards,

Paul

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2004, 10:49
Hi Questor,

I think that the questions that appear in the Kaplan test are very difficult and a score of 600 is very good.

Small suggestion: as you do initial few question right the level of difficulty becomes high; at this time I would recommend you not to spend more than 2 mins trying to solve a question. :arrow: move ahead! Suppose you spend some 8 mins trying to solve a difficult question then you are most likely to make error in that question and also you would not have time for easy questions in the later part of test.

All the best!!!

My Kaplan score - 590 (50Q,29V)

I know its easy to give advice, but difficult to practice it. I lost my score as I ran out of time with some 10 questions remaining in verbal. The above strategy is what I am trying to follow now.

Wish you all good luck
Bhimsen Joshi

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2004, 00:08
Sorry I am new to GMAT I would like to know which is the best CAT simulator .
I see a lot of forums list Kaplan , Prinston etc, so which one is the best to practice on . Where do I purchase one ?

Russian ( original ) : On skazal poyekhaly e makhnool rukoy ....

English ( equivalent) : He said let's go and waved his hand ....

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2004, 08:23
Questor:
I believe that I'm also in the same boat as you are. I too got 600 in KAPLAN 1st test.(Q-50, V- 30). I committed some silly mistakes and ran out of time for Maths too. In english, I made a mess and I believe that I can improve a lot easily. I'm sure to improve and so not very confident of my final showdown.
I took PP1 from OG long back and scored a 750(without touching quant, DS, RC and CR from OG). My scores in Princeton are between 690 - 720( I took 3 tests). I didn't like Princeton tests as I was not satisfied with some of the answers given by princeton.
I'm worried and so not very confident of taking the date for the exam, even though I might crunch onto the dates in the next 15 - 20 days.
Can somebody please advise?

Thanks,
sleek
  [#permalink] 27 Dec 2004, 08:23