Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 13:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kaplan vs. Manhattan GMAT vs. Princeton Review vs GMAX

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Kaplan vs. Manhattan GMAT vs. Princeton Review vs GMAX [#permalink] New post 21 Jun 2007, 20:03
Hi everyone,

This is my first post here. I am planning on taking my GMAT early in September. I was wondering if anyone can help me decide which tutoring course I should take? Kaplan vs. Manhattan GMAT vs. Princeton Review vs GMAX

I have been scoring in the 550s.. and my goal is to move to 700. I know it will take a lot of work, and I am ready for the challenge.

So far the books that I have purchased:
The Princetn Review 2007 and Kaplan GMAT Math Workbook..

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Danny :?:
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 22 Jun 2007, 06:13
I have yet to see any post that was negative about Manhattan GMAT. I got a lot from the verbal section in the PR books. You have to get the MGMAT SC book. Good Luck.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 22 Jun 2007, 10:01
I took MGMAT and I thought the materials and the program were great. The only down side is I felt my teacher didn't talk at all about execution of the test. Also check out their website, because there are a ton of resources on there that can tie your classroom, materials, and practice together.
Director
Director
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 22 Jun 2007, 11:42
Dagmar wrote:
I took MGMAT and I thought the materials and the program were great. The only down side is I felt my teacher didn't talk at all about execution of the test. Also check out their website, because there are a ton of resources on there that can tie your classroom, materials, and practice together.

Though I have not taken MGMAT, I heard a lot of only good thing about it.
I have SC book, which is grate. Participating in the GMAT CLUB is also important.
Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 0

Re: Kaplan vs. Manhattan GMAT vs. Princeton Review vs GMAX [#permalink] New post 23 Jun 2007, 12:33
danny...

i am in same position as you except that i am taking gmat in mid august ...i have researched a lot in gmat club and other websites and these are the top items

OG11 - people say its god.
Powerprep tests
MGGMAT-- Never miss SC by Manhattan
Princeton Review
Kaplan ( just take the test exam )

Ashish
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Kaplan vs. Manhattan GMAT vs. Princeton Review vs GMAX [#permalink] New post 24 Jun 2007, 09:16
dzelkas wrote:
Hi everyone,

This is my first post here. I am planning on taking my GMAT early in September. I was wondering if anyone can help me decide which tutoring course I should take? Kaplan vs. Manhattan GMAT vs. Princeton Review vs GMAX

I have been scoring in the 550s.. and my goal is to move to 700. I know it will take a lot of work, and I am ready for the challenge.

So far the books that I have purchased:
The Princetn Review 2007 and Kaplan GMAT Math Workbook..

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Danny :?:

Hi, this is my first post.
This is coming from someone who is coming up on their 9th week of the kaplan course which ends this coming Tuesday.
My thoughts right now are, WHY DIDN'T I KNOW ABOUT MANHATTAN GMAT EARLIER???

I just discovered these 8 MGMAT guides and they are a lifesaver.
I dont even need the class anymore.
My greatest weakness is having a poor foundation in math.
In my experience, all Kaplan does is teach you tricks like how to guess, plugging answer choices into the equation to see if it works, etc.
While that's all good and dandy, this is NOT the way to learn the material in order to be comfortable with it. I found out about the MGMAT guides thru this site. I ordered both the SC and word transations.

I haven't engulfed myself into the SC book yet, but as for the WT I must say that I am so surprised at how far I've come in just 2 days.

Before, I used to read word problems in PS and it might as well have been in a foreign language. My usual course of thinking after reading it for the first time would typically be, "i don't know where to start! i'm fu*$ked!"

Now after going through only chapters 1 and 2 in the WT guide, I decided to give a try at the vast # of problems they recommend for further practice in the OG 11th edition and Quantitative review guide.
Let's just say I was amazed at how easily and calmly I methodically went through the questions, checked the answer carefully, and I would get 90% of them right, the other 10% was due to stupid mistakes and I would do the problems I did wrong over again after looking at where I went wrong.

My test is coming up in less than 3 weeks, but now that I discovered these books I wish I had more time. My plan right now is to complete the WT book, SC book, then get the number properties book and finish that before my test. (I may need to postpone..)

WT and Number Properties are my greatest weakness.

IMO, Kaplan was a complete waste of time and money and the examples they give are totally out of left field.

Manhattan GMAT is my vote.
Re: Kaplan vs. Manhattan GMAT vs. Princeton Review vs GMAX   [#permalink] 24 Jun 2007, 09:16