Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 10:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kelley Full-Time Vs UChicago Part-Time

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Kelley Full-Time Vs UChicago Part-Time [#permalink] New post 11 Jun 2007, 14:32
Can you please advise? I am debating between Full time MBA program at Kelley School (already admitted) and Part-time MBA at Uchicago (need to apply). I am leaning more towards Indiana as it is Full-time and offers greater academic rigor. However, the location of Chicago downtown is better than Bloomington. In any case, I would like to dedicate full-time (I do not intend to work) even for Part-time and complete education within 2-2.5years. I appreciate your valuable inputs!

Thanks,
Peter
SVP
SVP
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Kelley Full-Time Vs UChicago Part-Time [#permalink] New post 12 Jun 2007, 15:30
Peter Pan wrote:
Can you please advise? I am debating between Full time MBA program at Kelley School (already admitted) and Part-time MBA at Uchicago (need to apply). I am leaning more towards Indiana as it is Full-time and offers greater academic rigor. However, the location of Chicago downtown is better than Bloomington. In any case, I would like to dedicate full-time (I do not intend to work) even for Part-time and complete education within 2-2.5years. I appreciate your valuable inputs!

Thanks,
Peter

Peter,

I would vote for saying yes to Kelley. It's a good school and you seem to really prefer full-time, so why take a chance at getting dinged for a highly selective part-time program (even if it is Chicago)? There's no question that Chicago is the stronger program but, as they say, a bird in the hand beats two in the bush ...

Good luck,

Paul Bodine /
Author, Great Applications for Business School and Perfect Phrases for Business School Acceptance

Follow Paul Bodine on Twitter

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Full time Kelley vs Part-time UChicago [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2007, 07:04
Thank you very much for your response. I very much appreciate it! As I currently live in Chicago, commute would be much easier. Can you please review my profile and let me know if I have any chance to get admitted into Part-time Uchicago?

Here are my stats

GMAT - 580
Undergrad GPA - 3.7
4 years of work experience in finance industry with gradual career progression
My extra-curricular activities included leading a team at Habitat For Humanity, but my contribution lessened with a new baby in house.

Please advise my chances of getting into GSB part-time.

Thanks once again,
Peter.
SVP
SVP
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Full time Kelley vs Part-time UChicago [#permalink] New post 15 Jun 2007, 08:31
Peter Pan wrote:
Thank you very much for your response. I very much appreciate it! As I currently live in Chicago, commute would be much easier. Can you please review my profile and let me know if I have any chance to get admitted into Part-time Uchicago?

Here are my stats

GMAT - 580
Undergrad GPA - 3.7
4 years of work experience in finance industry with gradual career progression
My extra-curricular activities included leading a team at Habitat For Humanity, but my contribution lessened with a new baby in house.

Please advise my chances of getting into GSB part-time.

Thanks once again,
Peter.

Peter,

Unless you are an Underrepresented Minority (African-, Hispanic-, or Native American) -- and even if you are -- I think your odds at Chicago are very small with a 580 GMAT. If Kelley let you in with that, I think you should count your blessings and go there.

Good luck,

Paul Bodine /
Author, Great Applications for Business School and Perfect Phrases for Business School Acceptance

Follow Paul Bodine on Twitter