Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 20:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.9
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 37

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2014, 09:49
Pietta wrote:
That's comforting to hear. :)

All the best for the results!! How was ur interview experience btw?

Thanks!! I wish you the same!

Brad is a very nice guy. I was asked common ques such as Talk abt ur work, why MBA, hw did I knw abt Kelley and why did I decide upon it, what is my short term goal, which industry, leadership exp, what did i learn over time at wrk.
Neeley Thread Master
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 60 [0], given: 69

Reviews Badge
Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2014, 10:11
AdiRedDevil wrote:
Hi fella,

I had an interview today with Brad and he mentioned to me that the application evaluation process has just started. So, there are a lot of interview invites to be sent.

Thanks for that news. That gives some hope.

Good Luck with the outcome and How did the interview go dude ?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q42 V40
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 6

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2014, 20:57
MBAjunkie16 wrote:
mijou wrote:
ajoy17 wrote:
I received an invite today too! I'm in NY and it seems like the AO will be in NY next week, possibly why the interview invites came out so quickly....

It seems like the timing that Kelley sends out the interview requests doesn't correlate with the quality of the application. Can anyone who was accepted round 1 confirm? I also submitted my complete application on Jan 5, but am based out of nearby Shanghai, China.

Posted from my mobile device Image

It appears that those apps which have been reviewed and have people in cities where the adcom is visiting in the coming weeks, have been invited. They are still going through the others, so if the AOs are in your city but you haven't heard yet, it just means that your application is still moving through the pile.

Hope that helps soothe some nerves :-D :)

- Source adcom member over email.

Thanks for your response, puts my nerves at rest a bit... just got to wait and see how the dice roll

"All that is really worthwhile is action. Personal success or personal satisfaction are not worth another thought."
-Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.67
WE: Engineering (Other)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 14

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2014, 21:13
All admitted students, please visit the Kelley - Admitted Students Thread : http://gmatclub.com/forum/kelley-indiana-2016-class-calling-all-admitted-students-165143.html

Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it. Autograph your work with excellence.

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: Kelley '16 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE: Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 9

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2014, 05:59
This post received
KUDOS
ganeshrkamath wrote:
All admitted students, please visit the Kelley - Admitted Students Thread : http://gmatclub.com/forum/kelley-indiana-2016-class-calling-all-admitted-students-165143.html

Guys " Do schools consider scores of GMAT taken after the application date?. If i do not mention in the application that i do not intend to retake the GMAT.

Can someone update them via mail while they review applications ?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 580 Q37 V32
GMAT 2: 570 Q36 V32
GMAT 3: 680 Q44 V40
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 159

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2014, 19:04
EnemyInside wrote:
ganeshrkamath wrote:

Guys " Do schools consider scores of GMAT taken after the application date?. If i do not mention in the application that i do not intend to retake the GMAT.

I believe it depends on each school's policy. I understand that Kellogg accepts the updated score as long as it is within the interview period for the round, however, Harvard does not. I am hoping Kelley and Ross do though for my next attempt in the coming weeks too. That said, on Kelley's Application process page, they mention the line below a couple of times :(

Remember, you must take the GMAT or GRE (and TOEFL or IELTS for international applicants) before submitting your application.

-MBAJunkie

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 10

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2014, 03:49
Hi!
I am an Indian applicant with an interview scheduled in Delhi on the 29th afternoon....
Anybody else slotted for the same date and similar time??

Thanks
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 670 Q44 V37

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 5

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2014, 19:13
This post received
KUDOS
EnemyInside wrote:
ganeshrkamath wrote:
All admitted students, please visit the Kelley - Admitted Students Thread :

I basically applied to 6 schools, including Kelley, with a 620 gmat and later sent my updated and improved score after the deadline. All the schools I applied to updated my score after I contacted them through email and provided the official report.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V38
GRE 1: 320 Q163 V157
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 12

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2014, 00:28
Guys,
I completed my Kelley interview with Brad in Bangalore . The interview itself was very conversational. Standard questions regd work experience, short term, long term goals etc.. He spent a good 20 mins answering the questions that I had asked him. It was like a chat with a long lost friend in a coffee shop. I would suggest that you chill out for the interview.
The one curious thing is that he said that they haven't started the application review process yet and they are looking to start it in the next week or so. I am not exactly sure as to how they invited applicants to interview if they have not reviewed the applications. :shock:
Btw is it all right to post interview questions on forums?
Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2014, 03:28
agnikirupha wrote:
Guys,
I completed my Kelley interview with Brad in Bangalore . The interview itself was very conversational. Standard questions regd work experience, short term, long term goals etc.. He spent a good 20 mins answering the questions that I had asked him. It was like a chat with a long lost friend in a coffee shop. I would suggest that you chill out for the interview.
The one curious thing is that he said that they haven't started the application review process yet and they are looking to start it in the next week or so. I am not exactly sure as to how they invited applicants to interview if they have not reviewed the applications. :shock:
Btw is it all right to post interview questions on forums?

All the best for the results! :)

I guess it's the post-interview review that he was talking about. :-D

Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it. Autograph your work with excellence.

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q42 V40
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Other)

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 6

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2014, 07:39
Just got the interview invite on Monday! Guess they're getting around to the applications now

"All that is really worthwhile is action. Personal success or personal satisfaction are not worth another thought."
-Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2014, 08:07
mijou wrote:
Just got the interview invite on Monday! Guess they're getting around to the applications now

Congrats and all the best! :)

Expert Post
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
Followers: 122

Kudos [?]: 751 [0], given: 800

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2014, 12:30
Expert's post
Hello GMATCLUB Members,

We are bringing a webinar with Q&A as well as chats with current students focused on the Waitlisted Applicants.
The first event of this series is Webinar conducted by Admissionado's Founder and HBS Alum Jon Frank. Jon will share his suggestions followed by a Q&A session. This is your opportunity to ask your specific questions. The webinar will take place on 31st January 2014, Friday, 9 AM PST.

We shall also be conducting chat sessions with some Current students from various schools who were successfully admitted from a waitlist so you can learn what to expect from the process, what worked for them, and what it takes. These chats shall take place in our Chat Room. We will release the times & Dates (all will be the first week of February)

Registration Link: https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/531329318
Download event to your Outlook
If you are on a waitlist - you do NOT want to miss these!

The webinar and chats are free. There will be a 30-minute Q&A session at the end of the Webinar on Friday Jan 31st at 9 AM PST - join to have your questions answered.

Thank You! :)

Be the coolest guy in the MBA Forum - Be a threadmaster!

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Next Generation GMATClub CATS with Brilliant Analytics.

Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2014, 19:47
Guys, I was scheduled for an interview and was asked to respond with your updated resume as soon as possible. Does this mean that I reply to the email with an updated version of my resume? Appreciate your advice and gluck to all in the interview round.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Leadership

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2014, 19:50
yenthi90 wrote:
Guys, I was scheduled for an interview and was asked to respond with your updated resume as soon as possible. Does this mean that I reply to the email with an updated version of my resume? Appreciate your advice and gluck to all in the interview round.

I just sent in the same resume that I included in the application.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V38
GRE 1: 320 Q163 V157
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 12

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2014, 19:53
yenthi90 wrote:

Yeah, if you have any updates, say like a promotion or an achievement you may update and mail the resume. Since I didn't have any, I just mailed back the same resume.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 10

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2014, 06:28
Finished the interview with Brad yesterday. Went as did agnikirupha's.
The only thing I want to add that Brad emphasized on was the highly competitive applicant pool this year that the admission team is working with. He suggested that there might be some wait-listed candidates in this round.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2014, 08:25
Is it late if an R2 applicant isn't called for an interview yet? Do interview invites continue till the decision date or are completed in the first month after Jan 5th?

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.9
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 37

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2014, 09:24
IronAndWine wrote:
Is it late if an R2 applicant isn't called for an interview yet? Do interview invites continue till the decision date or are completed in the first month after Jan 5th?

As per my knowledge and discussion with Brad, the interview invites should flow until end of Feb atleast.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2014, 20:50
Gosh that's a long wait.
Any particular order in which interview invites are sent out? Geography? Alphabetical order of name? According to the date of submission?

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 01 Feb 2014, 20:50