Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Sep 2014, 06:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
1 KUDOS received
Georgia Tech Thread Master
avatar
Joined: 12 Nov 2013
Posts: 113
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.5
WE: Sales (Manufacturing)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 19 [1] , given: 14

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2014, 02:43
1
This post received
KUDOS
IronAndWine wrote:
Gosh that's a long wait.
Any particular order in which interview invites are sent out? Geography? Alphabetical order of name? According to the date of submission?

Posted from my mobile device Image


No idea .. not by GMAT scores at least.

can confirm that .. submitted on 5th and no calls till now
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: Iradein hain fauladi.. himmat e har kadam
Joined: 27 Sep 2013
Posts: 66
Location: India
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 11

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2014, 10:45
I had my interview with a second year alumnus and waiting for decision now.
_________________

Read my 750 GMAT story and tips

Content and presentation matter more than pleasantness in an interview.

"Iradein hain fauladi - Himmat e har kadam" - With an iron resolve, take each step with courage.

Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: Iradein hain fauladi.. himmat e har kadam
Joined: 27 Sep 2013
Posts: 66
Location: India
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 11

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2014, 22:20
Does anyone have any idea what Kelley's acceptance rate is from the pool of interviewed applicants?
_________________

Read my 750 GMAT story and tips

Content and presentation matter more than pleasantness in an interview.

"Iradein hain fauladi - Himmat e har kadam" - With an iron resolve, take each step with courage.

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 22 May 2013
Posts: 53
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.7
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 22

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2014, 05:30
Hey guys! Congrats to the admitted ones and all the best for those interviewed and will be interviewed. I am an Indian Applicant and have my interview scheduled on 12th Feb on skype. I needed to know any specific strategies to prepare for the interview? What all do they ask??

Thanks in advance!!!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: Iradein hain fauladi.. himmat e har kadam
Joined: 27 Sep 2013
Posts: 66
Location: India
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 11

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2014, 05:42
brethart999 wrote:
Hey guys! Congrats to the admitted ones and all the best for those interviewed and will be interviewed. I am an Indian Applicant and have my interview scheduled on 12th Feb on skype. I needed to know any specific strategies to prepare for the interview? What all do they ask??

Thanks in advance!!!


Your skype interview will be with a second year student. They will ask standard questions. These are mine.. as far as I can remember:

1. Why do you want to do MBA?
2. Why only at Kelley? What about Kelley has attracted you?
3. How did you hear about kelley?
4. What kind of a leader are you?
5. What are ur future goals?
6. Did you ever have a disagreement with ur superiors? What was the outcome?
7. Any questions for me?
_________________

Read my 750 GMAT story and tips

Content and presentation matter more than pleasantness in an interview.

"Iradein hain fauladi - Himmat e har kadam" - With an iron resolve, take each step with courage.

Expert Post
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 1188
Location: India
City: Pune
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
Followers: 148

Kudos [?]: 926 [0], given: 884

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2014, 06:25
Expert's post

!
Join us for a chat with several current students who have been admitted from WL last year.
When: Tue Feb 4th at 9 AM PST
Where: GMAT Club Chat



The recording of the Getting off a Waitlist Webinar is now available on Youtube:



_________________

Be the coolest guy in the MBA Forum - Be a threadmaster!

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

All MBA Resources All 'Sticky' Topics at one place

Please share your profiles for this application season: 2015 Profiles w/ Admit/Dings Results!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Next Generation GMATClub CATS with Brilliant Analytics.


Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Aug 2013
Posts: 489
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.9
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 37

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2014, 12:34
krr15h wrote:
brethart999 wrote:
Hey guys! Congrats to the admitted ones and all the best for those interviewed and will be interviewed. I am an Indian Applicant and have my interview scheduled on 12th Feb on skype. I needed to know any specific strategies to prepare for the interview? What all do they ask??

Thanks in advance!!!


Your skype interview will be with a second year student. They will ask standard questions. These are mine.. as far as I can remember:

1. Why do you want to do MBA?
2. Why only at Kelley? What about Kelley has attracted you?
3. How did you hear about kelley?
4. What kind of a leader are you?
5. What are ur future goals?
6. Did you ever have a disagreement with ur superiors? What was the outcome?
7. Any questions for me?


Exact same questions were asked to me too.
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Jan 2013
Posts: 16
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q45 V37
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.9
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [2] , given: 4

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2014, 06:17
2
This post received
KUDOS
i asked a very cliched question - are the interview invites over, any chance of getting one still?
i got a very cliched reply - you can receive interview call at any time during the process & 2nd round decision will be sent in march-mid.

Now that i have the 'insight', i am going to do the most cliched thing - WAIT !!! :roll:
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Status: It's Kelley this fall!
Joined: 02 Sep 2013
Posts: 53
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.67
WE: Engineering (Other)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 14

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2014, 06:20
Pietta wrote:
i asked a very cliched question - are the interview invites over, any chance of getting one still?
i got a very cliched reply - you can receive interview call at any time during the process & 2nd round decision will be sent in march-mid.

Now that i have the 'insight', i am going to do the most cliched thing - WAIT !!! :roll:


And for that, I give you a very cliched kudos. :-D
_________________

Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it. Autograph your work with excellence.

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Jan 2013
Posts: 16
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q45 V37
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.9
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2014, 06:23
ganeshrkamath wrote:
Pietta wrote:
i asked a very cliched question - are the interview invites over, any chance of getting one still?
i got a very cliched reply - you can receive interview call at any time during the process & 2nd round decision will be sent in march-mid.

Now that i have the 'insight', i am going to do the most cliched thing - WAIT !!! :roll:


And for that, I give you a very cliched kudos. :-D



@grkkrg.. lol
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: Iradein hain fauladi.. himmat e har kadam
Joined: 27 Sep 2013
Posts: 66
Location: India
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 11

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2014, 22:42
krr15h wrote:
Does anyone have any idea what Kelley's acceptance rate is from the pool of interviewed applicants?


Does anyone have a cliche'd idea about this?
_________________

Read my 750 GMAT story and tips

Content and presentation matter more than pleasantness in an interview.

"Iradein hain fauladi - Himmat e har kadam" - With an iron resolve, take each step with courage.

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 08 Mar 2013
Posts: 50
Location: India
Shashank: Sharma
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.46
WE: Project Management (Consumer Electronics)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 5

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2014, 23:09
1
This post received
KUDOS
krr15h wrote:
krr15h wrote:
Does anyone have any idea what Kelley's acceptance rate is from the pool of interviewed applicants?


Does anyone have a cliche'd idea about this?



From the table given on the front page of this forum, I guess that selection rate might be closed to 55% for Gmatclub applicants and should be around 40% in general. But this rate will easily drop below 30% for Indian candidates. Again I don't have any stat to support this, its purely based on my experience from the previous round.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: Iradein hain fauladi.. himmat e har kadam
Joined: 27 Sep 2013
Posts: 66
Location: India
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 11

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2014, 05:22
Just 15 pages... this thread is rather quiet. Don't we have any more updates?
_________________

Read my 750 GMAT story and tips

Content and presentation matter more than pleasantness in an interview.

"Iradein hain fauladi - Himmat e har kadam" - With an iron resolve, take each step with courage.

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Status: It's Kelley this fall!
Joined: 02 Sep 2013
Posts: 53
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.67
WE: Engineering (Other)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 14

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2014, 07:36
krr15h wrote:
Just 15 pages... this thread is rather quiet. Don't we have any more updates?


When are the Round 2 results due?
_________________

Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it. Autograph your work with excellence.

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 22 May 2013
Posts: 53
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.7
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 22

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2014, 09:41
Hey guys! Had my interview today with a second year student at Kelley and it was a chilled interview ..

At the start some standard questions and then some back up questions as well for the answers that I provided. Questions included-
--Tell me about yourself and accomplishments,
--why MBA,
--why Kelley,
--leadership/ team managing experience and a couple of back up questions like how I managed a conflict which I had mentioned in my answer and How did I convince the management in implementing the project,
--what cost benefit analysis did I do in the project and the pay back period for the same,
--how did I form and convince the cross functional team again which I had mentioned in my answers, --strengths and how did I use them,
--an area for improvement,
--what I do outside of my professional career

exact 30 mins interview!
..THAT'S IT! ANY QUESTIONS=>> asked 3 questions there and then it ended on a positive note! Now the wait begins!!
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Status: It's Kelley this fall!
Joined: 02 Sep 2013
Posts: 53
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.67
WE: Engineering (Other)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 14

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2014, 19:39
brethart999 wrote:
Hey guys! Had my interview today with a second year student at Kelley and it was a chilled interview ..

At the start some standard questions and then some back up questions as well for the answers that I provided. Questions included-
--Tell me about yourself and accomplishments,
--why MBA,
--why Kelley,
--leadership/ team managing experience and a couple of back up questions like how I managed a conflict which I had mentioned in my answer and How did I convince the management in implementing the project,
--what cost benefit analysis did I do in the project and the pay back period for the same,
--how did I form and convince the cross functional team again which I had mentioned in my answers, --strengths and how did I use them,
--an area for improvement,
--what I do outside of my professional career

exact 30 mins interview!
..THAT'S IT! ANY QUESTIONS=>> asked 3 questions there and then it ended on a positive note! Now the wait begins!!


All the best!
_________________

Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it. Autograph your work with excellence.

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 01 Jun 2010
Posts: 88
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 580 Q37 V32
GMAT 2: 570 Q36 V32
GMAT 3: 680 Q44 V40
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 159

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2014, 05:05
If anyone wants to know more about the Kelley Small Group Dinners, please head over to http://coffeebeansandtealeaves.wordpress.com/ for my experience in DC.

Posted from my mobile device Image
_________________


-MBAJunkie

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 01 Jun 2010
Posts: 88
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 580 Q37 V32
GMAT 2: 570 Q36 V32
GMAT 3: 680 Q44 V40
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 159

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2014, 16:23
:| Still waiting for that interview for the last one month and 12 days :( . I wish there was some structure to this process at Kelley or just some hint as to when do they stop interviewing before the upcoming deadline.

Any idea from the R1 applicants about the last calls?
_________________


-MBAJunkie

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Jun 2013
Posts: 59
Location: India
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V29
GPA: 3.6
WE: Business Development (Education)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 31

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2014, 21:20
Guys how many of you have not yet received an interview call yet?
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 01 Jun 2010
Posts: 88
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 580 Q37 V32
GMAT 2: 570 Q36 V32
GMAT 3: 680 Q44 V40
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 15 [1] , given: 159

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2014, 22:09
1
This post received
KUDOS
kulkarnios wrote:
Guys how many of you have not yet received an interview call yet?

I am one. Does anyone know if Kelley admits students without interviewing them?

Posted from my mobile device Image
_________________


-MBAJunkie

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 21 Feb 2014, 22:09
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
3 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Kelley-Indiana Applicant(2015 Intake)Class of 17 Narenn 11 08 Jul 2014, 11:33
3 Experts publish their posts in the topic Kelley(Indiana) 2016 Class - Calling all Admitted Students! Narenn 22 27 Dec 2013, 22:59
Experts publish their posts in the topic Kelley (Indiana) MSIS Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! souvik101990 0 25 Apr 2013, 07:48
46 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Kelley (Indiana) 2013 Applicants! souvik101990 201 05 Oct 2012, 10:23
1 Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2009 Applicants Dell876 25 11 Dec 2008, 11:25
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18  ...  24    Next  [ 467 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.