Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 03:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 10

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2013, 09:45
Hey!
I'm an applicant from Delhi, India applying in round 2 ( as I had not given the TOEFL )...
As I was registering for TOEFL, I found that there is no department- 02 for IU (School code- 1324)... Can somebody with a successful report of TOEFL to Kelley guide me as which department to choose? There is no department with code 02 in humanities, social sciences, etc..
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 2

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2013, 09:51
This post received
KUDOS
KaranWilson wrote:
Hey!
I'm an applicant from Delhi, India applying in round 2 ( as I had not given the TOEFL )...
As I was registering for TOEFL, I found that there is no department- 02 for IU (School code- 1324)... Can somebody with a successful report of TOEFL to Kelley guide me as which department to choose? There is no department with code 02 in humanities, social sciences, etc..

I used the following details and my score was reported successfully.

INDIANA U BLOOMINGTON
Department: Graduate Management
BLOOMINGTON , IN, 47405
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 10

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2013, 09:53
puneetpjl wrote:
KaranWilson wrote:
Hey!

INDIANA U BLOOMINGTON
BLOOMINGTON , IN, 47405

Thanks puneetpjl...
All the best!
Said Oxford Thread Master

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 33

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2013, 09:55
puneetpjl wrote:
KaranWilson wrote:
Hey!

INDIANA U BLOOMINGTON
BLOOMINGTON , IN, 47405

I selected 'Any department not listed' option and my score report was delivered without any problem
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 590 Q45 V26
GMAT 2: 580 Q44 V27
GPA: 3.42
WE: Web Development (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 9

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2013, 04:36
Hi guys,

my GMAT score is 650 and TOEFL is 105...
I have a good academic track record all through and will be having 2 years of experience by the fall 2014 entry ( if at all I get in :D )...
how good a chance do I stand to get in?
Can anyone fill me in?

I am confused :(....
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 2

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2013, 05:15
This post received
KUDOS
rakeshk24 wrote:
Hi guys,

my GMAT score is 650 and TOEFL is 105...
I have a good academic track record all through and will be having 2 years of experience by the fall 2014 entry ( if at all I get in :D )...
how good a chance do I stand to get in?
Can anyone fill me in?

I am confused :(....

Rakesh, I think you should compare yourself with the class profile of the class matriculating in 2013.

What you have mentioned is just numbers. There is more to it. Your complete application would determine your chances. So although you have just 1 year of work ex as of now, but you can back it up with a real solid application. Think about it.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2013, 00:16
hi, has anyone received an invitation to interview?

MS

Intern
Intern

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2013, 00:18
Hi, has anyone received invitation to interview yet?

MS

Intern
Intern
Schools: Kelley '16 (S)

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 4

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2013, 19:34
Yes, check out the previous pages. A few people have received interview invites, others opted to interview before the applications.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 590 Q45 V26
GMAT 2: 580 Q44 V27
GPA: 3.42
WE: Web Development (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 9

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2013, 20:41
Puneethpjl,

Thanks a lot....but I would like to know how to shortlist the colleges based on our score.
If it was only the GMAT score, its easy to do it just by checking out the average score of the class. Since, its more than just that score I would like to know how to shortlist them.
consider that I have a fairly good backing of my score ......what now ?
Intern
Intern

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2013, 20:45
Hey..who all are invited for the interview in Mumbai on 30th November with the director of admissions?

MS

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V29
GPA: 3.4

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 12

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2013, 05:55
Hi All,

I am Indian Female with IT background and work ex. of 3.8 years and gmat of 650
i also have team leading experience and international exposure (mexico for 1 year)
my GPA is 3.3

do you think i stand chance with 650 GMAT in Indiana?
all the institutes say that gmat is not the only thing but behind the scenes it is the most important thing..
please provide me your honest opinion if i should apply or retry GMAT by Jan deadline

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kelley '16 (S)

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 4

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2013, 10:19
GMAT is an important aspect yes, its one of the few universal criteria that can be quantified. A 650 might be slightly lower than average for Indians (although as a female, u do have a diversity plus). The whole application package is important, though. Not to make light of your query but this is like a short guy asking on a pick up forum whether he should wear high heeled shoes to pick up women. Sure, height is an obvious and easily comparable parameter and an important one, but short guys get laid too...if their personality is good enough, they're suave enough etc. Your GMAT is similar to the height and your essays, experience etc is akin to the personality. It will be harder with a 650 score, but if ur able to craft your essays well and impress in the interview, you do have a chance. That being said, there's still time for you to attempt a retake if you think focussed study can improve your score a bit. If you can, then by all means reattempt the gmat. If not, its time to start working on your story. May the force be with you.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manager
Manager
Shashank: Sharma
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.46
WE: Project Management (Consumer Electronics)

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 5

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2013, 11:11
I've scheduled my interview with director, for 24th Nov in Delhi.
Is there any current student active in this group. If so then plz let me know, need some help..

Thanks
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2013, 03:19
any re applicants to Kelley, as I am one and hadn't heard anything from adcom yet and have started to lose the hope.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 8

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2013, 10:01
coldcoffee wrote:
any re applicants to Kelley, as I am one and hadn't heard anything from adcom yet and have started to lose the hope.

I am also a Kelley re-applicant. A friend of mine who runs a MBA consulting firm told me that re-applicants are not considered the same way as first timers i.e. we are the last priority (Personally, i am not sure how true this is). But, considering the number of invites that have gone out from Kelley, even i have started to lose hope.

But, best of luck to those have been invited.
Intern
Intern

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2013, 10:05
vasanth0487 wrote:
coldcoffee wrote:

I am also a Kelley re-applicant. A friend of mine who runs a MBA consulting firm told me that re-applicants are not considered the same way as first timers i.e. we are the last priority (Personally, i am not sure how true this is). But, considering the number of invites that have gone out from Kelley, even i have started to lose hope.

seriously man it sucks! I had a convert last year but could not arrange the fees, so it was difficult for me.But this time with an improvement of 50 points in GMAT, I had high hopes, but I didnt even got an interview call
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 8

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2013, 10:08
coldcoffee wrote:
vasanth0487 wrote:
coldcoffee wrote:

seriously man it sucks! I had a convert last year but could not arrange the fees, so it was difficult for me.But this time with an improvement of 50 points in GMAT, I had high hopes, but I didnt even got an interview call

"I had a convert last year" ... You mean you were admitted and could not afford full fees ?
Intern
Intern

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2013, 10:11
Yes I had a 710 and didnt got any schol....
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 2

Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2013, 10:56
rakeshk24 wrote:
Puneethpjl,

Thanks a lot....but I would like to know how to shortlist the colleges based on our score.
If it was only the GMAT score, its easy to do it just by checking out the average score of the class. Since, its more than just that score I would like to know how to shortlist them.
consider that I have a fairly good backing of my score ......what now ?

Rakeshk24,

Sorry for the late reply. Had been busy lately with my apps.
Anyways I guess you should take the average class GMAT and add 20-30 points to get to the Indian pool average. See where you stand against it. The bigger the difference, the harder it is gonna be. Because although u can submit a strong application, but GMAT could well turn out to be a deterrent, particularly if you are looking for scholarships. Plus, dont take me wrong but the whole applicant pool is competitive in one way or the other. Everybody is unique in their own way (provided they project it properly). So here, probably you need to be a , lets say, national level swimmer etc. The point here is (if you have seen '21'), do you have anything that can DAZZLE the adcom?

Anyways, are you looking for scholarships or you can afford the tuition. If you want a schol, add another 10-20 in the GMAT. :-D Life's a b***h.
I am not sure what you want to pursue as a STG (it plays an important role in school selection), but with a score like 650, 5 universities that come to my mind are University of Southern California (Marshall), Georgia Institute of Technology (Scheller), Ohio State University (Fisher), University of Minnesota–​Twin Cities (Carlson) & University of Washington (Foster) . Just a very vague idea. I hope my reply addresses your question.

All the best,
Puneet
Re: Kelley (Indiana) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 05 Nov 2013, 10:56