Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 10 Jul 2014, 21:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kelley Online MBA

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Kelley Online MBA [#permalink] New post 28 Aug 2012, 10:38
Hey. Just wondering whether there is anyone on here in the Kelley MBA or thinking about it.

Quite honestly, given the online options, this one appealed to me the most. I looked at the cross continent mba at duke but i live in Canada and don't think it could work out for me.

I also looked at UNC but still really favor Kelley. I particularly like the diverse selection of courses and the option to add an additional degree also.

I am just wondering if anyone here is currently enrolled or is thinking about it.

More importantly, does anyone know of the job prospects in Canada? This is my biggest fear with the online MBA although, it would honestly be so much more convenient for me. Not to mention, I think it would be cheaper than Rotman's part time and take half the time. And, they are both ranked similarly in the global rankings. Thus, this option is one I am seriously considering. Although, I still think Rotman is the cream of the crop.

Does anyone know if there is a distinction on the degree or transcript that the degree was completed online? I thought I read that somewhere but I am not entirely sure. Thanks in advance!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Kelley Online MBA [#permalink] New post 31 Aug 2012, 17:03
I initially thought UNC doesn't have a lot of course selection, but I discovered that they have been in the process of adding more and more courses. So as the UNC online mba program grows, there will be a lot of elective courses to choose from. I think UNC needs to do a better job marketing this aspect in regard to the course selection.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Kelley Online MBA [#permalink] New post 31 Aug 2012, 17:55
UCLAColumbiaUNC wrote:
I initially thought UNC doesn't have a lot of course selection, but I discovered that they have been in the process of adding more and more courses. So as the UNC online mba program grows, there will be a lot of elective courses to choose from. I think UNC needs to do a better job marketing this aspect in regard to the course selection.

Hey UCLAColumbiaUNC, thanks for your response!

I've read a lot of rave reviews about the UNC mba...not necessarily the online mba but I have heard nothing but good things.

The only thing that kinda turned me off is the higher tuition, the limited course selection and it takes far longer than Kelley. Also, it is a much newer online program.

In general, I think UNC may be ranked higher although, I don't know whether or not it is significant enough for employers to make a big deal of.

My biggest concern is whether I will be able to find employment in Canada. I would hope that Canada can recognize it as a top 20 like the US does.
Re: Kelley Online MBA   [#permalink] 31 Aug 2012, 17:55