Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Sep 2014, 05:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kelley School of Business - Indiana Uni

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Kelley School of Business - Indiana Uni [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2012, 11:05
Hey Fellas

I am considering taking up the MSA program this Fall and have considered Kelley School of Business as an option for the program.

Does anyone have any experience (former grad) or knows about this school (indiana resident perhaps?).

Kelley's flagship campus is in Bloomington. The school is /well ranked for its business programs. However, Kelley School of Business also operates in Indianapolis under IUPUI (Indian University-Purdue University Indianapolis). Although the brand name is that of Kelley -the faculty/administration is different from the Bloomington campus.

Bloomington is obviously the more traditional campus/program catering primarily to FT students while Indianapolis campus takes on largely the PT candidates. However the brand name is that of Kelley School of Business at either campus.

I have looked at the curriculums of each program and to me it appears that Indianapolis campus is far more flexible in its curriculum as it allows upto 15 electives to choose from as opposed to a more rigid structure at Bloomington campus. I prefer the flexibility as I can blend it with some courses I like either from Finance/IT or Law.

Now, the question really is whether IUPUI's Kelley reputation is good or not? Ofcourse I realize the campus differences however given that the brand name remains that of Kelley's (and with that I assume the quality/standard of the academics would be at par otherwise Kelley would only lower its brand reputation), is it a good school to attend?

What is the financial/accounting sector in Indianapolis like? I am out of state as you may have already realized hence would appreciate some input from those knowledgeable about the two schools/campuses.

Also, would appreciate some insights into the employment opportunities in finance/accounting fields in Indiana/Indianapolis.

All comments are much appreciated.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Kelley School of Business - Indiana Uni [#permalink] New post 23 Jul 2012, 07:05
I came upon your inquiry about the reputation and quality of Kelley's Indianapolis and Bloomington campuses. Both campuses are guided by the same standards of quality, and a Kelley degree earned in Indianapolis is as reputable and recognized as those earned in Bloomington. In fact, the Evening MBA program at Kelley Indianapolis is ranked 9th among all part-time programs in the U.S.

All the faculty who teach on the Indianapolis campus are Kelley School faculty, and the school is lead by the same dean, Dan Smith. An executive associate dean, Phil Cochran, is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Indianapolis programs.

The Master of Science in Accounting (MSA) program at Kelley Indianapolis allows you the flexibility to shape a degree that fits your unique career goals. The program is located at IUPUI, the state's premier urban campus and home to high profile programs in medicine, law and information technology. As such, you have access to highly respected faculty in fields that will complement your accounting coursework. Of course, the Kelley faculty are leaders in their fields. Bill Kulsrud, faculty program chair for the MSA and the Master of Science in Taxation, was one of 10 accounting professors nationwide selected by Deloitte to train accountants in India about U.S. tax law.

The Kelley MSA program in Indianapolis has strong and deep relationships with central Indiana's financial and accounting sector. The school boasts a Career Planning Office which specializes in internship and full-time job opportunities for accounting students and graduates.

To learn more about the program, I encourage you to contact Susan Cauble, who is the program's admissions officer and serves the school as associate director of graduate programs. She may be able to connect you with current student and/or recent graduates who can share their experiences from the trenches. Susan's email is sehaines@iupui.edu, and her phone number is 317/274-3451.
Re: Kelley School of Business - Indiana Uni   [#permalink] 23 Jul 2012, 07:05