Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Sep 2014, 09:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kellogg 2012 - Admitted Applicants Class of 2014

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kellogg
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Admitted Applicants Class of 2014 [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2012, 09:52
Hi everyone,

I am really excited about being admitted to Kellogg, can't wait to meet all of you at DAK. By the way, do you know which one is the best hotel option (cost/location) for staying during DAK?

If anyone wants to share a room (Fri/Sat), please contact me!

I'll be receiving my admissions package tomorrow, can't wait to open it!

See you all in a couple of weeks.
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Kellogg MMM Class of 2014!
Concentration: Technology, General Management
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
GPA: 3.1
WE: Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Admitted Applicants Class of 2014 [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2012, 10:00
miguel, come join us on the FB group! there are a few people looking for roommates for DAK. i believe the room rate is at the orrington but some people are choosing to room at the best western ($30 cheaper).
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 1

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Admitted Applicants Class of 2014 [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2012, 07:16
Anyone else excited by KWEST?
I'm trying to decide on which trips to choose but I can't decide on all the central and southern american destinations... Did you guys already make your decision?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy
WE: Marketing (Computer Hardware)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 34

GMAT Tests User
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Admitted Applicants Class of 2014 [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2012, 08:57
YoungSnake wrote:
I'm trying to decide on which trips to choose but I can't decide on all the central and southern american destinations... Did you guys already make your decision?

I haven't decided on the full list, but ive been looking at a mixed list of south american/european/and Asian countries, also, i want to do the mystery trip.
Manager
Manager

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Admitted Applicants Class of 2014 [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2012, 11:11
Jacksparrow1906 wrote:
YoungSnake wrote:

I haven't decided on the full list, but ive been looking at a mixed list of south american/european/and Asian countries, also, i want to do the mystery trip.

I would be tempted to do the mystery trip but there are so many good destinations that I wouldn't want risking going to a place I've already been to...
VP
VP
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 97

Kudos [?]: 400 [0], given: 73

Premium Member
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Admitted Applicants Class of 2014 [#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2012, 10:07
Hey folks, it's with a heavy heart that I'm bowing out of the Kellogg party. I decided to go to Booth, but I'm hoping you guys will let me hang out with you in Evanston on the weekends.

The Brain Dump - From Low GPA to Top MBA (Updated September 1, 2013) - A Few of My Favorite Things--> http://cheetarah1980.blogspot.com

Manager
Manager

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Admitted Applicants Class of 2014 [#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2012, 10:26
cheetarah1980 wrote:
Hey folks, it's with a heavy heart that I'm bowing out of the Kellogg party. I decided to go to Booth, but I'm hoping you guys will let me hang out with you in Evanston on the weekends.

Too bad we won't have you as a classmate! But after reading your blog post I completely understand that you'd go for booth seeing how they showed their love and how they believe in you!

We should organize a Chicago gmatclub get together this fall !
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 3

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Admitted Applicants Class of 2014 [#permalink] New post 09 May 2012, 20:19
A Chicago gmatclub get together would be dope!

Has everyone sorted out housing in/around Evanston?
Manager
Manager

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Admitted Applicants Class of 2014 [#permalink] New post 10 May 2012, 00:34
mbalady wrote:

I'm tempted to go the mc manus route for convenience sake... I can't enter the US before mid-August for Visa reasons and I don't want to have to furnish the house.
In the meantime, they are much nicer options outside so I'm not sure yet... What about you?
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Kellogg MMM Class of 2014!
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GPA: 3.1
WE: Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Admitted Applicants Class of 2014 [#permalink] New post 10 May 2012, 08:16
Noooooo Cheet! At least you'll just be a few miles away.

I'm going to be living in a subleased condo at Sherman Plaza. Super excited -- killer view of the Evanston skyline, including Jacobs. :wink:
VP
VP
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 97

Kudos [?]: 400 [0], given: 73

Premium Member
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Admitted Applicants Class of 2014 [#permalink] New post 13 May 2012, 14:08
YoungSnake wrote:
mbalady wrote:

I'm tempted to go the mc manus route for convenience sake... I can't enter the US before mid-August for Visa reasons and I don't want to have to furnish the house.
In the meantime, they are much nicer options outside so I'm not sure yet... What about you?

If you decide not to live in McManus I have extra furniture I'm looking to sell. I was going to try and sell it while I'm still on the East Coast but it doesn't cost me any additional money to bring it to Chicago and unload it there. If you or anyone else may be interested, let me know.

The Brain Dump - From Low GPA to Top MBA (Updated September 1, 2013) - A Few of My Favorite Things--> http://cheetarah1980.blogspot.com

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 8

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Admitted Applicants Class of 2014 [#permalink] New post 17 May 2012, 13:28
Hello all,
I am an R3 international student accepted to Kellogg MBA FT 2Y. I am preparing the request for financial aid and I have to select my option for housing (on / off campus).
So my questions are:
1.are on campus appartments available for r3 admitted students? Should I check with the admissions office?
2. which options are most cost effective? on or off campus?
3. where does the majority of students stay? where will it be better for me to stay?

Thank you in advance.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 1

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Admitted Applicants Class of 2014 [#permalink] New post 17 May 2012, 21:54
This post received
KUDOS
europeancall wrote:
Hello all,
I am an R3 international student accepted to Kellogg MBA FT 2Y. I am preparing the request for financial aid and I have to select my option for housing (on / off campus).
So my questions are:
1.are on campus appartments available for r3 admitted students? Should I check with the admissions office?
2. which options are most cost effective? on or off campus?
3. where does the majority of students stay? where will it be better for me to stay?

Thank you in advance.

Hi and Congrats for joining the purple family :) Where are you from btw?

1. on campus apartments will be assigned today for r1/r2 applicants, r3 applicants are put on the waitlist, but I heard that most students get a room during the summer.
2. The rent on campus / off campus is around the same (800-900 if you share >1000 for a studio) but outside you could have more space than on campus, the on campus option is much more convenient though: you pay only 9 months and you can have the room already furnished
3. 20% stay on campus, 80% off campus, but almost everyone stays in buildings between downtown evanston and campus, the admitted students website will give you more info about all those options
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 8

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Admitted Applicants Class of 2014 [#permalink] New post 12 Jun 2012, 23:44
Hello all, one quick question for international students: How did you submit syllabi for course waivers? Did you make translation of the information included in the study guide / course web site from your previous academic institution?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Admitted Applicants Class of 2014   [#permalink] 12 Jun 2012, 23:44