Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 16:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
WE: Pharmaceuticals (Health Care)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 8

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2012, 12:12
2Y Waitlist updated 4/3/12. We have 47 (17.R1 + 30.R2) people waitlisted on this forum across both rounds.

Round 1
    Mappleby
    FIM
    abman1947
    Themangoman
    Toriburu
    MrMV
    Njindia
    Ctrlz
    mbat1
    jetlau3
    mbagirl23
    spain55
    utlnghrn34
    lilbraswell
    Hemantuec
    AmericanWoman
    m2608

Round 2
    Consulting2Finance
    Ebart
    Tbird
    Cervieri
    Bertreynoldz
    Dkatzdkatz
    JMG
    Oodl
    DevelopmentMBA
    sajhan409
    futbolmundo
    rmlaf
    cymin
    vsetia
    vicky615
    healthcareguy
    visu83
    LadyRoadWarrior
    Generalhorn
    Abacab
    Theresalwayshope
    Asmithtexas
    Petergibbons
    greenwave86
    cppdavid
    visitorrr
    chynaxdawl
    gmatmbaacc
    Elena1985
    sl1234

Last edited by healthcareguy on 03 Apr 2012, 08:19, edited 17 times in total.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2012, 12:16
rlkpilli wrote:
I got April 2 as well. There was no mention of the date in my official waitlist notification. It was in the waitlist FAQ website that was linked in my notification. Are you all saying that there are different waitlist FAQ websites floating around out there with two different dates?

Unlikely. I forgot the date was not in the actual letter. The website now says "the week of Apr 2nd".
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Health Care)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 2

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2012, 05:08
I believe the R1 waitlisters should hear on March 28th?
Intern
Intern
GRE 1: 309 Q159 V150
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2012, 10:25
I hope so, I am an international R1 1Y MBA WL I even reserved an appointment with the U.S. Consulate for visa in case they informed us where otherwise I might not found an open appointment.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.08

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 3

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2012, 12:38
So I checked my status today... Still says the December 14th update "date" at the top, but it is a different letter now... looks a lot like a "ding" letter. Hope it's an error in their update process because I never got an email notification that anything changed... but my hopes aren't that high...

*sigh*
Manager
Manager

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2012, 13:43
BYURover wrote:
So I checked my status today... Still says the December 14th update "date" at the top, but it is a different letter now... looks a lot like a "ding" letter. Hope it's an error in their update process because I never got an email notification that anything changed... but my hopes aren't that high...

*sigh*

Is this the wording? "While we are impressed with your accomplishments, we cannot provide an offer of admission at this time. However, we are pleased to inform you that you have been placed on our wait list for the MBA Program based upon the merits of your application."

If so, not to worry, everyone else got that as well.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.08

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 3

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2012, 13:59
healthcareguy wrote:
BYURover wrote:

*sigh*

Is this the wording? "While we are impressed with your accomplishments, we cannot provide an offer of admission at this time. However, we are pleased to inform you that you have been placed on our wait list for the MBA Program based upon the merits of your application."

No this is what it says:

"The Admissions Committee has recently reviewed the wait list applications for the Kellogg School of Management and Two-Year Program . Despite your many merits as a candidate, I regret to inform you that we are not able to offer you a place in the entering class. "

Wonder why my status changed two days early? They must have REALLY wanted me off the list!!
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.4
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2012, 15:02
BYURover wrote:
healthcareguy wrote:
BYURover wrote:

*sigh*

No this is what it says:

"The Admissions Committee has recently reviewed the wait list applications for the Kellogg School of Management and Two-Year Program . Despite your many merits as a candidate, I regret to inform you that we are not able to offer you a place in the entering class. "

Wonder why my status changed two days early? They must have REALLY wanted me off the list!!

I´m sorry but that sounds like a very clear ding to me!...
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.4

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2012, 15:03
I heard about a LATAM applicant who was waitlisted last week, and he was now offered a place...it seems like they are moving fast...hope is not a long wait for all of us
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
GPA: 3.83

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2012, 20:35
BYURover wrote:

*sigh*

Mine says the same thing. Sorry man.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.65
WE: Consulting (Telecommunications)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 6

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2012, 21:39
Dinged!
Intern
Intern

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2012, 00:35
crritm13 wrote:
BYURover wrote:

*sigh*

mine too! look like no Kellogg this year for me too.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Real Estate, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.33
WE: General Management (Real Estate)

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 10

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2012, 04:53
Same ding letter...
Intern
Intern

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2012, 06:02
Is it me or has Kellogg been fairly poor on communicating what happens with the wait list, when the application status is going to be updated, even wait list manager responses...to the point that things seem pretty mismanaged? That has been my experience, just wondering if I am an anomaly?
Intern
Intern

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2012, 08:56
Please add me to the waitlist count too. I applied in R2 and heard back on 22nd March
Manager
Manager

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2012, 09:09
^ Done and done. Welcome and good luck!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.01

GMAT Tests User
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2012, 10:51
I am on the waitlist from RD 1 still so you can add me to the list to improve our data... Good luck to everyone from RD 1 tomorrow!
Intern
Intern

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2012, 11:25
khaleedb wrote:
crritm13 wrote:
BYURover wrote:

*sigh*

I just visited the site!! back to wait list again!!

There is something wrong with the website!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2012, 11:48
khaleedb wrote:
khaleedb wrote:
crritm13 wrote:

I just visited the site!! back to wait list again!!

There is something wrong with the website!

Got the same thing here. Had the Ding letter and now it is back to normal. But I wouldn't get my hopes high, they were probably testing something and tomorrow we'll have the same result as we did yesterday, a great ding!

My blog: http://www.mbalife.tumblr.com

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 4

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2012, 15:05
well, mates Sh*t is going to fly tomorrow, its been a pleasure waiting with this fine group...may luck be with us...

(I just hope I don't get wait listed even further...someone end this agony)
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants   [#permalink] 27 Mar 2012, 15:05