Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:09 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Given Kudos: 150
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.03
WE:Project Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Real Estate, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.33
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink]
I don't know how things have changed with the admissions team. However, I do know classmates who applied R1 and didn't get accepted until August. For a select few this process can drag on for a long time. That said the majority will get accepts/dings the round after they applied.

The volume of applications is very hard to predict, as is the strength of the middle of the road applicant pool. Depending how R2 applications pan out plays a large part of what they will need to do with the waitlisters. This is common across almost all schools.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
Send PM
waitlist party...for sure!! :-D
drown our sorrows in beer...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Did any of you send them a thank you mail/update mail or holding that off until Jan 3?
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Real Estate, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.33
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Quake wrote:
Did any of you send them a thank you mail/update mail or holding that off until Jan 3?

I think if you wanted to send a thank you, it wouldn't be a big deal. As for the update, I would hold off until Jan 3 as they requested. They have to update your files and keep track up the updates, so it's more work than just reading a thank you. Another way to look at it also is that they are going to review your file later in January, so the contact with adcom might go further, in terms of name recognition after you call them, if you contact with a meaningful update closer to the review period. If you contact them earlier, it doesn't mean that they are going to review your file and admit your sooner. It just means you didn't listen to their explicit instructions to wait to contact until after Jan. 3.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I know the dates for hearing back are set for Kellogg, but I am currently seeking sponsorship from the company I work for and their decision date is Feb 6th. Is it wise for me to send Kellogg a thank you note and reference this date? I am not sure how it would be viewed by the adcom. Thanks!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
lilbraswell wrote:
I know the dates for hearing back are set for Kellogg, but I am currently seeking sponsorship from the company I work for and their decision date is Feb 6th. Is it wise for me to send Kellogg a thank you note and reference this date? I am not sure how it would be viewed by the adcom. Thanks!

I would call them after the 3rd and just chat with them over the phone. Sending them something now will probably go unanswered until after the new year anyway.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 139 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Anyone on the WL who hasn't already visited Kellogg yet planning on visiting the school?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.65
WE:Consulting (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Question for wailisted applicants...

Did anyone happen to call Kellogg Admisssions today? What information did the admissions office provide? Did they give any feedback or gave an indication what can be done to improve the chances?

Thanks,
Ash
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
WE:Marketing (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
AshForGMAT wrote:

Did anyone happen to call Kellogg Admisssions today? What information did the admissions office provide? Did they give any feedback or gave an indication what can be done to improve the chances?

Thanks,
Ash

I called and was given a point of contact for my application. I haven't had any more communication beyond that.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
Send PM
Jacksparrow1906 wrote:
AshForGMAT wrote:

Thanks,
Ash

I called and was given a point of contact for my application. I haven't had any more communication beyond that.

Same here. I talked with my contact and he told me there was nothing wrong with my app. It was just a matter of waiting to see how they would fill the spots.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Finance
WE:Business Development (Investment Banking)
Send PM
socalledpremba wrote:
Jacksparrow1906 wrote:
AshForGMAT wrote:

Thanks,
Ash

Same here. I talked with my contact and he told me there was nothing wrong with my app. It was just a matter of waiting to see how they would fill the spots.

Me too. Spoke to an Admissions member and she said that there was nothing more that I needed to do at this point. I guess they are waiting to see what the apps look like in R2.....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
WE:Marketing (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
[/quote]

Same here. I talked with my contact and he told me there was nothing wrong with my app. It was just a matter of waiting to see how they would fill the spots.[/quote]

Me too. Spoke to an Admissions member and she said that there was nothing more that I needed to do at this point. I guess they are waiting to see what the apps look like in R2.....[/quote]

Did you all just call? I sent an email and got no response.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
Send PM
Yes I call them today and they transferred me to my contact.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Finance
WE:Business Development (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Jacksparrow1906 wrote:

Same here. I talked with my contact and he told me there was nothing wrong with my app. It was just a matter of waiting to see how they would fill the spots.[/quote]

Me too. Spoke to an Admissions member and she said that there was nothing more that I needed to do at this point. I guess they are waiting to see what the apps look like in R2.....[/quote]

Did you all just call? I sent an email and got no response.[/quote]

Yes, I called the number that they provided on the Check App Status page and then they transferred me to my point of contact.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Same here. I called the Adcom office and they transferred me to my waitlist handler.I was told that there was no new information needed nor was my profile lacking in anyway. My quant is a bit low so I was thinking of taking the GMAT again,but I was told that my quant was not anywhere close to being a worrying factor.In fact I was told that they had admitted students in the past with much lower quant scores. They are keen on admitting a diverse pool of students and carefully composing the structure of the incoming batch. I was told that waitlisters would be kept in consideration unless they wanted themselves removed.

I got a feeling after talking to my waitlist manager that they want to hold off making any decision untill they get a feel for r2 applicant pool
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.79
WE:Consulting (Accounting)
Send PM
I am on the Waitlist as a 1Yr Applicant and I was told that 1Yr Applicants should NOT expect to hear anything on the Jan 24 or Feb 14 dates that were quoted in the Waitlist FAQ's. Most likely, they will start notifying 1Yr waitlist candidates starting in mid-March but it could go all the way through May.

Good luck everyone.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
abman1947 wrote:
Same here. I called the Adcom office and they transferred me to my waitlist handler.I was told that there was no new information needed nor was my profile lacking in anyway. My quant is a bit low so I was thinking of taking the GMAT again,but I was told that my quant was not anywhere close to being a worrying factor.In fact I was told that they had admitted students in the past with much lower quant scores. They are keen on admitting a diverse pool of students and carefully composing the structure of the incoming batch. I was told that waitlisters would be kept in consideration unless they wanted themselves removed.

I got a feeling after talking to my waitlist manager that they want to hold off making any decision untill they get a feel for r2 applicant pool

Hi abman1947,
If you don't mind me asking, what's your GMAT quant score?
I'm in a similar situation, I was pretty confident about my application except for my GMAT quant score...
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  23