Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 14:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Apr 2011
Posts: 16
Location: Brazil
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2012, 15:07
Yesterday, I spoke with my WL manager and he said there was no need for corrections or additional information regarding my application. It is just a matter of (un)available postion.
He also said that there are little chances of receiving any news on April 16th (I must say I was disappointed at this point). But let's hope for the best!
Good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Feb 2012
Posts: 26
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Apr 2012, 08:24
cervieri wrote:
Yesterday, I spoke with my WL manager and he said there was no need for corrections or additional information regarding my application. It is just a matter of (un)available postion.
He also said that there are little chances of receiving any news on April 16th (I must say I was disappointed at this point). But let's hope for the best!
Good luck everyone!

What does "little chance" mean? She meant Everyone one has little chance or you?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Apr 2011
Posts: 16
Location: Brazil
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Apr 2012, 12:28
xiaxiaqin wrote:
cervieri wrote:
Yesterday, I spoke with my WL manager and he said there was no need for corrections or additional information regarding my application. It is just a matter of (un)available postion.
He also said that there are little chances of receiving any news on April 16th (I must say I was disappointed at this point). But let's hope for the best!
Good luck everyone!

What does "little chance" mean? She meant Everyone one has little chance or you?


In my understanding, he referred to all of us. He argued that many of those who have already received an offered will not make the decision before the deadline and thus few spots will be open on April 16th.
Sounds reasonable.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Sep 2011
Posts: 16
Concentration: Sustainability, Strategy
GPA: 3.7
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Apr 2012, 14:09
Has everyone mostly been told to provide "updates" ? I was told by my WL manager to provide "any information I didn't include in my app but would like to add". Those seem like different things to me...this is kind of frustrating :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 07 Feb 2011
Posts: 389
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
WE: Project Management (Computer Software)
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 104 [0], given: 27

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Apr 2012, 18:15
SOS1122 wrote:
Has everyone mostly been told to provide "updates" ? I was told by my WL manager to provide "any information I didn't include in my app but would like to add". ...


6 of one, half dozen of another..same thing...you can't possibly expect all WL managers to use the exact same words when speaking with every WL applicant..
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Sep 2011
Posts: 16
Concentration: Sustainability, Strategy
GPA: 3.7
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2012, 07:08
scorpionz wrote:
SOS1122 wrote:
Has everyone mostly been told to provide "updates" ? I was told by my WL manager to provide "any information I didn't include in my app but would like to add". ...


6 of one, half dozen of another..same thing...you can't possibly expect all WL managers to use the exact same words when speaking with every WL applicant..




That's a good point. My thinking was that an update is anything you've done since the application deadline. Things you didn't get to include in your app could be an EC from college or from say 2009. I suppose anything we send to them is helpful
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Jan 2010
Posts: 60
Concentration: Leadership, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
WE: Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 7

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2012, 13:40
SOS1122 wrote:
scorpionz wrote:
SOS1122 wrote:
Has everyone mostly been told to provide "updates" ? I was told by my WL manager to provide "any information I didn't include in my app but would like to add". ...


6 of one, half dozen of another..same thing...you can't possibly expect all WL managers to use the exact same words when speaking with every WL applicant..




That's a good point. My thinking was that an update is anything you've done since the application deadline. Things you didn't get to include in your app could be an EC from college or from say 2009. I suppose anything we send to them is helpful


My WL contact said that I could send an update, such as a promotion, salary update, or any change in responsibilities.
I asked if more recommendation letters from alumni were welcome and he said they weren't.
So no update from my side, and the "little chance on April 16th" was also mentioned.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 26 Dec 2011
Posts: 22
Location: Cameroon
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2012, 09:53
socalledpremba wrote:
Jacksparrow1906 wrote:
AshForGMAT wrote:
Question for wailisted applicants...

Did anyone happen to call Kellogg Admisssions today? What information did the admissions office provide? Did they give any feedback or gave an indication what can be done to improve the chances?

Thanks,
Ash


I called and was given a point of contact for my application. I haven't had any more communication beyond that.


Same here. I talked with my contact and he told me there was nothing wrong with my app. It was just a matter of waiting to see how they would fill the spots.


Anyone has Y C as WL manager? Did you succeed to get in touch, seems she is too busy, didn't succeed so far, will drop her a mail.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Jan 2012
Posts: 19
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Operations
WE: Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 10

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2012, 10:58
cymin wrote:
Anyone has Y C as WL manager? Did you succeed to get in touch, seems she is too busy, didn't succeed so far, will drop her a mail.


I do, and same result. Her voicemail said she was out last week, so I wasn't expecting a response anytime soon.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Jul 2011
Posts: 23
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 720 Q46 V42
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2012, 15:40
Has anyone spoken with Waitlist Manager M.G.? I have not been able to reach this person as of yet -- was wondering if anyone else has had a similar or dissimilar experience.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Jan 2010
Posts: 60
Concentration: Leadership, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
WE: Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 7

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2012, 04:09
bertreynoldz wrote:
Has anyone spoken with Waitlist Manager M.G.? I have not been able to reach this person as of yet -- was wondering if anyone else has had a similar or dissimilar experience.


I spoke with MG last week.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Nov 2011
Posts: 7
Location: United States
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.77
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2012, 07:32
bertreynoldz wrote:
Has anyone spoken with Waitlist Manager M.G.? I have not been able to reach this person as of yet -- was wondering if anyone else has had a similar or dissimilar experience.


I left a voicemail with MG Monday April 2nd and have not heard back. I suppose I will email him today though I expect a communication along the lines of, "you're application is complete, you just need to be patient . . . "
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Sep 2011
Posts: 16
Concentration: Sustainability, Strategy
GPA: 3.7
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2012, 08:28
Have most people had a reply/thank you from the WL manager after they sent an update? I haven't heard anything
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 17 Jan 2012
Posts: 69
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2012, 08:40
visitorrr wrote:
bertreynoldz wrote:
Has anyone spoken with Waitlist Manager M.G.? I have not been able to reach this person as of yet -- was wondering if anyone else has had a similar or dissimilar experience.


I spoke with MG last week.


I spoke with him last week too
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Jan 2012
Posts: 8
Concentration: Nonprofit, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q45 V44
GMAT 2: 630 Q V
GPA: 3.61
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2012, 08:45
SOS1122 wrote:
Have most people had a reply/thank you from the WL manager after they sent an update? I haven't heard anything


I got a thank you/confirmation when my WL manager received my update.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Sep 2011
Posts: 16
Concentration: Sustainability, Strategy
GPA: 3.7
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2012, 09:35
futbolmundo wrote:
SOS1122 wrote:
Have most people had a reply/thank you from the WL manager after they sent an update? I haven't heard anything


I got a thank you/confirmation when my WL manager received my update.



Ok thanks. I'll call and follow up...I hate to be a pest but I don't want to mess anything up!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 27 Oct 2011
Posts: 123
WE: Pharmaceuticals (Health Care)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 8

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2012, 09:49
I was lucky to get through to my WL manager the first time I called. I'm in the no-more-info-needed bucket but she encouraged me to send in an update by yesterday, which I did (I got a confirmation immediately). She said they are meeting this week to reevaluate the waitlisted folks against R3 applicants (deadline was last week).

I'm curious - was anyone here asked to provide specific information to the committee?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 12 Jan 2012
Posts: 273
Location: In Limbo
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.72
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 10

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2012, 09:56
healthcareguy wrote:
I was lucky to get through to my WL manager the first time I called. I'm in the no-more-info-needed bucket but she encouraged me to send in an update by yesterday, which I did (I got a confirmation immediately). She said they are meeting this week to reevaluate the waitlisted folks against R3 applicants (deadline was last week).

I'm curious - was anyone here asked to provide specific information to the committee?


I was encouraged to send an update by "early this week," which I'll send tonight.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Jul 2011
Posts: 23
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 720 Q46 V42
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2012, 10:01
How many of us have been unable to reach their WL manager? It sounds as though these updates are due now/the first half of this week -- is anyone planning to submit without first speaking to their Manager?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Oct 2011
Posts: 25
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.91
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2012, 17:21
bertreynoldz wrote:
How many of us have been unable to reach their WL manager? It sounds as though these updates are due now/the first half of this week -- is anyone planning to submit without first speaking to their Manager?


My waitlist manager asked me to submit the update to her and then she replied saying that she has attached it to my original application. I would suggest to call the adcom again if you cannot reach your WL manager -- you never know if there is any additional info. they might need other than the update.
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants   [#permalink] 10 Apr 2012, 17:21
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
19 Experts publish their posts in the topic Kellogg Class of 2016 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants ricecake 274 19 Dec 2013, 00:42
81 Experts publish their posts in the topic Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants hookemhorns612 442 20 Dec 2012, 09:55
153 Experts publish their posts in the topic Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants cheetarah1980 1928 06 Jul 2011, 09:05
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  23    Next  [ 454 posts ] 



cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.