Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 19:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GPA: 3.84
WE: Marketing (Real Estate)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2012, 13:30
Ding. Closure indeed. For a school trying to train the next generation of leaders, they need to improve their communication.

I'm excited to head to Ross this fall for the MBA/MS with the Erb Institute for Global Sustainable Enterprise. Ditto on the good wishes for everyone else.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.03
WE: Project Management (Military & Defense)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 107 [0], given: 149

Premium Member
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2012, 14:50
Just got an email saying if I want to stay on the summer waitlist to let them know by the 18th or I will be automatically removed.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Kellogg 1YR '14
GMAT 1: 750 Q V
WE: Marketing (Internet and New Media)

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2012, 15:08
I got the email too. Finally I am on the summer wait list!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q46 V42

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2012, 15:09
To those of you who were dinged today, my condolences, but enjoy the closure.

How many of you (like me) were pushed to the Summer Waitlist?

Did anyone receive an admit call today?
Intern
Intern

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2012, 15:19
Summer waitlist here too.
Intern
Intern
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2012, 15:23
Summer Waitlist by email
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, General Management
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
GPA: 3.5
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2012, 16:30
Summer waitlist here

Intern
Intern

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2012, 18:04
Hey All,

Just found out today that I got in!!! I am in a total state of shock. I completely wrote off business school this year and I still haven't processed that I actually got into school. Got the call around 4PM CT.

Good luck to those of you still on the waiting list - I guess anything can happen :)
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.01

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2012, 18:33
Congrats to all the admits!

Summer waitlist for me as well...
Intern
Intern

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Jun 2012, 14:31
Have there been any other reports of recent acceptances? Has anyone else reached out to their WL Manager for additional detail?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.72
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 10

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Jun 2012, 14:32
I just declined my spot on the Summer Waitlist. Kellogg's a great school but was my fifth choice even before being waitlisted. I would have loved closure and the ability to weigh my options, but at this point there is no way I'm going to cancel plans at Darden (and cough up a substantial scholarship money) if Kellogg comes to me late with an offer. Hopefully someone who really wants Kellogg moves up a spot.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.03
WE: Project Management (Military & Defense)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 107 [0], given: 149

Premium Member
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Jun 2012, 18:34
Consulting2Finance wrote:
I just declined my spot on the Summer Waitlist. Kellogg's a great school but was my fifth choice even before being waitlisted. I would have loved closure and the ability to weigh my options, but at this point there is no way I'm going to cancel plans at Darden (and cough up a substantial scholarship money) if Kellogg comes to me late with an offer. Hopefully someone who really wants Kellogg moves up a spot.

If I can ask, judging by your name you're trying to go into finance. Why did you choose Darden over Booth? Seems like Booth has stronger recruiting into finance careers, not that Darden is bad by any means.
Intern
Intern

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Jun 2012, 08:29
Anybody had any updates between last week and this monday? Any idea/speculation when they will decide to fill additional spots?
Intern
Intern

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Jun 2012, 12:24
theresalwayshope wrote:
Ding. Closure indeed. For a school trying to train the next generation of leaders, they need to improve their communication.

I'm excited to head to Ross this fall for the MBA/MS with the Erb Institute for Global Sustainable Enterprise. Ditto on the good wishes for everyone else.

Anyone have any updates on dings or admits in the last couple of weeks? Anyone drop off the waitlist or decide not to go after being admitted? Anyone have a guess as to when they will give out the next round of admits for people off the waitlist?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.9

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Jun 2012, 13:15
ebart wrote:

Anyone have any updates on dings or admits in the last couple of weeks? Anyone drop off the waitlist or decide not to go after being admitted? Anyone have a guess as to when they will give out the next round of admits for people off the waitlist?

I saw at least 1 person get into HBS off the HBS WL who was also admitted to Kellogg. They indicated they would be accepting HBS. That would open up at least 1 seat on the summer waitlist assuming Kellogg replaces every lost admit. I would bet that there will be at least a few H/S/W WL'ers get in who are also admitted to Kellogg.

If last year's forum is any indicator at all, there were a decent share of GClub members admitted off the summer WL.

On the flip side, an "insider" mentioned on here that their yield was up this year, which would lower the amount of summer WL'ers accepted.

As usual, I think it's going to just be a game of chance that will play out through mid-August.

Best of luck to you and the rest of us still waiting.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.72
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 10

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Jun 2012, 10:55
Ha...I got a "ding" email from Kellogg this morning despite me removing myself from the waitlist nearly 2 weeks ago. I'm sure it's just a way of them formally removing me, but it's sort of like 1) Dating a girl who becomes disinterested in you but strings you alone 2) Becoming uninterested and deciding to break it off and dump her and 3) her deciding to break up with you 2 weeks later 4) Me thinking "wait we were still dating?"
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, General Management
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
GPA: 3.5
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Jul 2012, 05:08
Has anyone received any news? Has anyone (other than people who removed themselves from the waitlists) been dinged? It doesn't look like it, according to this forum at least. Also - does anyone have any idea how many people are floating around on this summer waitlist? My WM has told me the list is small, but I don't really have any idea what type of number that mean - just curious.
Intern
Intern

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Jul 2012, 05:50
I have the same questions and would love insight if anyone has any.

My speculation is that some people could hear after the 4th holiday, but it is pure speculation.

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.9

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Jul 2012, 07:27
greenwave86 wrote:
Has anyone received any news? Has anyone (other than people who removed themselves from the waitlists) been dinged? It doesn't look like it, according to this forum at least. Also - does anyone have any idea how many people are floating around on this summer waitlist? My WM has told me the list is small, but I don't really have any idea what type of number that mean - just curious.

I am on the summer WL. I was also told that the list is small at this point.

I think it's a safe bet to assume at least some of us will hear from them in the next 2-3 weeks. I would be surprised if it was very shortly after the 4th, though. Previous years had a jump in activity around July 20th and then again towards August 10th. It makes sense considering how close that is to the start of classes and the likelihood most people have made up their minds on where they are going to attend.
Intern
Intern

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Jul 2012, 13:34
Since this is such a fun process, and since we're all under the impression that the Summer WL is "small", I went ahead and put together the list of people who've self-identified as being Summer WLers on this thread. They/we are:

mappleby
castor
bertreynoldz
abcdefghijk
abacab
greenwave86
utlnghrn34
ebart
unit157

That makes nine of us, plus the untold legions smart enough (at this point) to avoid this thread. If anyone else wants to be added to this list, PM me. Here's hoping some/all of us get some good news this month.
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants   [#permalink] 03 Jul 2012, 13:34