Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 06:15 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: International Business, General Management
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
GPA: 3.5
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurship
WE:Marketing (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink]
cheetarah1980 wrote:
greenwave86 wrote:
IN OFF THE WAITLIST!!! Couldn't be happier. Keep up hope guys - there is a chance!!

Congratulations! You didn't waste any time making a final decision either, lol. Enjoy the celebration.

Thank you! Nope! Deposit is en route haha
Intern
Intern
Send PM
castor wrote:
greenwave86 wrote:
IN OFF THE WAITLIST!!! Couldn't be happier. Keep up hope guys - there is a chance!!

Wow! Congratulations!
Could you share what you have done to get off the waitlist?

Sure - 3 things: 1) I've persistently been telling the adcom how much I really want to be there. 2) I sent a few updates that gave showed strengths in areas where my application was weaker. 3) I also had a current student write a rec. Nothing too crazy. I was told all along that it was a matter of space - nothing needed clarifying, etc. Best of luck!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
greenwave86 wrote:
cheetarah1980 wrote:
greenwave86 wrote:

Congratulations! You didn't waste any time making a final decision either, lol. Enjoy the celebration.

Thank you! Nope! Deposit is en route haha

Did you already remove yourself from the Booth WL or will you be doing so shortly since you've decided on Kellogg?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.9
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
greenwave86 wrote:
castor wrote:
greenwave86 wrote:

Wow! Congratulations!
Could you share what you have done to get off the waitlist?

Sure - 3 things: 1) I've persistently been telling the adcom how much I really want to be there. 2) I sent a few updates that gave showed strengths in areas where my application was weaker. 3) I also had a current student write a rec. Nothing too crazy. I was told all along that it was a matter of space - nothing needed clarifying, etc. Best of luck!

Congrats and thanks for sharing.

Were your updates significant (took a class, new GMAT, promotion) or smaller?

I'm surprised they were alright with the additional letter of rec since their WL FAQ specifically discourages that.

Congrats again, it was nice to see a little action on this.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Sure - 3 things: 1) I've persistently been telling the adcom how much I really want to be there. 2) I sent a few updates that gave showed strengths in areas where my application was weaker. 3) I also had a current student write a rec. Nothing too crazy. I was told all along that it was a matter of space - nothing needed clarifying, etc. Best of luck![/quote]

Congrats and thanks for sharing.

Were your updates significant (took a class, new GMAT, promotion) or smaller?

I'm surprised they were alright with the additional letter of rec since their WL FAQ specifically discourages that.

Congrats again, it was nice to see a little action on this.[/quote]

Updates were smaller - nothing huge changed for me. I discussed some projects, some volunteer work, etc. I wasn't sure how they would feel about the additional rec - my WL manager never acknowledged it to me, but I know that they got it. My feeling was that it's a small list of people at this point, they like us or we wouldn't be on the list, and so there's no way a student rec would cause decision-changing damage. Maybe it was risky, but I like to think it helped my case.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
cheetarah1980 wrote:

Did you already remove yourself from the Booth WL or will you be doing so shortly since you've decided on Kellogg?

I'm going to do that first thing tomorrow. Hopefully it helps Booth WLed applicants still in limbo!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hey guys, I have been following this thread for a little while now, but have yet to post. I am a R1 applicant and currently find myself on the summer waitlist. I wanted to reach out to see if anyone that still follows this thread has any current information on the class. Has everyone come to the same conclusion that the class is complete? Or is there still hope? I know in the email from Kellogg they said that there may be spots that open up in July and early August, but there is no final date listed on the email and I have not received any type of ding email. I plan to reach out to my WL manager later this week, but wanted to check w/ other fellow summer waitlisters on this thread first. Thanks and best of luck.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mercmrm wrote:
Hey guys, I have been following this thread for a little while now, but have yet to post. I am a R1 applicant and currently find myself on the summer waitlist. I wanted to reach out to see if anyone that still follows this thread has any current information on the class. Has everyone come to the same conclusion that the class is complete? Or is there still hope? I know in the email from Kellogg they said that there may be spots that open up in July and early August, but there is no final date listed on the email and I have not received any type of ding email. I plan to reach out to my WL manager later this week, but wanted to check w/ other fellow summer waitlisters on this thread first. Thanks and best of luck.

I am still on summer waitlist as well. I thought the last day I might get in would be actually today (8/17). Since I have not heard anything from the school, Now I am pessimistic for this year. Please share with us if you have heard anything from your waitlist manager.

By the way, I couldn't log in the status check site today. Do you also see the problem??
Intern
Intern
Send PM
castor wrote:
mercmrm wrote:

I am still on summer waitlist as well. I thought the last day I might get in would be actually today (8/17). Since I have not heard anything from the school, Now I am pessimistic for this year. Please share with us if you have heard anything from your waitlist manager.

By the way, I couldn't log in the status check site today. Do you also see the problem??

Sounds like we are in the same boat. I marked today as the last hope as well, especially considering that CIM starts in a little over two weeks. Who knows though.. I left a voicemail for my waitlist manager, but have not received a call back, yet.

And yes, I am having the same issue logging in to the check status page. My guess is that they have reset that page because people are already submitting their applications for R1 of next year.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mercmrm wrote:
castor wrote:
mercmrm wrote:

Sounds like we are in the same boat. I marked today as the last hope as well, especially considering that CIM starts in a little over two weeks. Who knows though.. I left a voicemail for my waitlist manager, but have not received a call back, yet.

And yes, I am having the same issue logging in to the check status page. My guess is that they have reset that page because people are already submitting their applications for R1 of next year.

Nice to communicate with someone in the same boat! :) :) :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Nice to communicate with someone in the same boat! :) :) :)[/quote]

Agreed! Hopefully two spots open up!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23