Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Apr 2014, 22:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2012, 11:01
KPrizzle wrote:
chmatmar wrote:
awfully quiet this week, any news?

I've been wondering the same thing...

Posted from my mobile device Image

Probably wont hear anything until Feb 14 or right around that date as that was the second date on the FAQ.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 3

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2012, 01:03
Are they plan to release the final decision on 14th when most of the R2 interview has been finished? Based on the bucket theory, I speculate that most of the WLers belong to the first bucket.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2012, 06:13
omnivorous wrote:
Are they plan to release the final decision on 14th when most of the R2 interview has been finished? Based on the bucket theory, I speculate that most of the WLers belong to the first bucket.

Based on the FAQ published with the R1 decisions, they said a majority. I would guess the first date they gave was more for individuals they needed some specific information from. For the second date is where they will make the rest of the decisions when they have a better idea on accepts of R1 and how R2 is looking. Hopefully its good news for all, but we will have to wait and see
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.65
WE: Consulting (Telecommunications)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 6

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2012, 06:17
rgupta83 wrote:
omnivorous wrote:

Based on the FAQ published with the R1 decisions, they said a majority. I would guess the first date they gave was more for individuals they needed some specific information from. For the second date is where they will make the rest of the decisions when they have a better idea on accepts of R1 and how R2 is looking. Hopefully its good news for all, but we will have to wait and see

I was told by my waitlist manager that the notion that most decisions will be out by 14th February is misleading...

They will be released by April or May..(to let us have a happy, peaceful Valentine's Day! ;))
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 4

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2012, 08:08
AshForGMAT wrote:
rgupta83 wrote:
omnivorous wrote:

I was told by my waitlist manager that the notion that most decisions will be out by 14th February is misleading...

They will be released by April or May..(to let us have a happy, peaceful Valentine's Day! ;))

you´ve got to be kidding me...I can´t wait that long...I guess I´ll be the one setting the deadline on Kellogg for Feb14th, they´ve had about 4 months to decide if they like me or not...wtf...

this is :x
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2012, 10:01
This post received
KUDOS
Really? April or May? Really? Do they realize that my entire life is put on hold waiting for their decision? I can't make any long term plans not knowing where I'll be in Sept...

I mean, really?
1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
WE: Project Management (Computer Software)
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 104 [1] , given: 27

GMAT Tests User
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2012, 14:01
This post received
KUDOS
From what I know of last year and what I understand from this year, most of the decisions will be released on the date communicated by the school. In this case, most of us should be hearing on Feb 14th.

However, last year there were SOME instances where folks from the R1 waitlist were kept on the waitlist right until the R3 decision date..Needless to say they were not happy campers..

I think we needn't start yelling at Kellogg just now..Just a week to go now, so let's just be strong and hope for the best!!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.65
WE: Consulting (Telecommunications)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 6

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2012, 14:03
scorpionz wrote:
From what I know of last year and what I understand from this year, most of the decisions will be released on the date communicated by the school. In this case, most of us should be hearing on Feb 14th.

However, last year there were SOME instances where folks from the R1 waitlist were kept on the waitlist right until the R3 decision date..Needless to say they were not happy campers..

I think we needn't start yelling at Kellogg just now..Just a week to go now, so let's just be strong and hope for the best!!

sure ...i just want an admit man...whether now or by May!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2012, 14:32
scorpionz wrote:

Well said. Glad someone scrolled the thread from last year. I was waiting until after 2/14 before I called my WL manager again to figure out what was going on.

Good Luck to everyone waiting, seems like its just another week or so.
Current Student

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2012, 20:35
Guys, did anyone get email feedback from your WL manager? I sent multiple mails to my manager, but no feedbacks, bad sign?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2012, 00:02
scorpionz wrote:

Thanks for the wise words, Scorpionz. I hope we get some 'closure' next week (preferably in a positive way).

Guys, did anyone get email feedback from your WL manager? I sent multiple mails to my manager, but no feedbacks, bad sign?

Yes, I did, just a short e-mail thanking me for the additional information. But I don't think you should interpret no feedback as a bad sign - I think there just really really busy.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2012, 06:17
omnivorous wrote:

If I am reading this correctly, you e-mailed your WL manager to ask about feedback. I would just give them a call today and see if there is anything they need.
Current Student

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2012, 16:19
rgupta83 wrote:
omnivorous wrote:

If I am reading this correctly, you e-mailed your WL manager to ask about feedback. I would just give them a call today and see if there is anything they need.

No, I just sent update mails not asking feedback. Let me know how they respond to your call. Let's put the long waiting game to an end!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2012, 16:53
omnivorous wrote:
rgupta83 wrote:
omnivorous wrote:

No, I just sent update mails not asking feedback. Let me know how they respond to your call. Let's put the long waiting game to an end!

I already called my WL manager a while ago. They responded immediately. I was telling you to call your WL manager to get a response.
Current Student

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2012, 06:56
If I am reading this correctly, you e-mailed your WL manager to ask about feedback. I would just give them a call today and see if there is anything they need.[/quote]

No, I just sent update mails not asking feedback. Let me know how they respond to your call. Let's put the long waiting game to an end![/quote]

I already called my WL manager a while ago. They responded immediately. I was telling you to call your WL manager to get a response.[/quote]

I am considering giving them a call also. How did they respond to your call? Did they give any implicative response in terms of the decision? Thanks.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2012, 07:04
omnivorous wrote:
I am considering giving them a call also. How did they respond to your call? Did they give any implicative response in terms of the decision? Thanks.

Omnivorous, I am a little worried for you. The first deadline already passed for the waitlist. If you did not hear back then, you should have called. I called like the first day we were allowed to. I got feedback from my manager which was just hang tight, nothing we need from you. I would call them today if I were you. I assume if they wanted something from you and you do not deliver, you will get dinged for not showing interest despite you email attempts.
Current Student

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2012, 19:21
rgupta83 wrote:
omnivorous wrote:

Omnivorous, I am a little worried for you. The first deadline already passed for the waitlist. If you did not hear back then, you should have called. I called like the first day we were allowed to. I got feedback from my manager which was just hang tight, nothing we need from you. I would call them today if I were you. I assume if they wanted something from you and you do not deliver, you will get dinged for not showing interest despite you email attempts.

You're right, should be more proactive!! I tried my WL manager's landline couples of times today from morning to afternoon, her line was either busy or voice-mail answer...I will try again today to see if I can get any hints from the talk.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.01
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2012, 10:29
Feb 14th can not come soon enough... Good luck to all of us on the waitlist.

When I talked to my WL manager she also gave me the impression that she did not think that the "majority" of people on the waitlist will be contacted on or before Feb 14. It might be some time before some of us find out... Regardless we can only wait and see.
Current Student

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2012, 00:24
Guys, I finally got hold of my WL manager after about 10 calls with voice mail answer. She told me that I should able to hear the decision on 2/14, however, not the majority will hear the decision (same answer per utlnghrn34). The tone was quite neutral so I did not get any implications about my decision...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, International Business

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2012, 02:21
omnivorous wrote:
Guys, I finally got hold of my WL manager after about 10 calls with voice mail answer. She told me that I should able to hear the decision on 2/14, however, not the majority will hear the decision (same answer per utlnghrn34). The tone was quite neutral so I did not get any implications about my decision...

I had a very similar answer from my wait list manager when I specifically asked him about the date, since I am an international student and it takes a while to solve all the things I need to move to the US.
Omnivorous, are you an international applicant as well?

Posted from my mobile device Image

My blog: http://www.mbalife.tumblr.com

Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants   [#permalink] 10 Feb 2012, 02:21