Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 13:29 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Operations, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 640 Q39 V39
GMAT 2: 700 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE:Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 88 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GPA: 2.99
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE:General Management (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink]
I am also in... Just to check whether the following is true: If I send no updates to Kellogg in the following month, I will not be accepted almost for sure.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V37
Send PM
darkdoug wrote:
I am also in... Just to check whether the following is true: If I send no updates to Kellogg in the following month, I will not be accepted almost for sure.

I don't think so.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.38
WE:General Management (Transportation)
Send PM
rainfall wrote:
darkdoug wrote:

I don't think so.

There is probably an upper limit to the number of times you can respond with the same generic 'I did XXX this month' type of updates. I will likely send a short email reiterating my interest, but I have no update that would actually add value to my application. I would suspect that this is true of most of us.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Zomba wrote:
rainfall wrote:
darkdoug wrote:

I don't think so.

There is probably an upper limit to the number of times you can respond with the same generic 'I did XXX this month' type of updates. I will likely send a short email reiterating my interest, but I have no update that would actually add value to my application. I would suspect that this is true of most of us.

Agreed. I definitely don't have anything of value to update so probably won't send anything. I actually think as long as you contact your WL manager and express your interest, even if you don't send an update you could still get in. If they like you and you fit the profile of whatever they're looking for, they're not going to not take you because you didn't send in an update. Especially if you're round 2 and applied more recently.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.61
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Hi All,

Just found this topic, and unfortunately, I got waitlisted at Kellogg in Rd 2. Has anyone from round 2 contacted their waitlist managers yet? I recently got a promotion and would like to update the adcom. Is this the type of information they want updates on? Should I be detailing the projects I am working on in my new role and the number of direct reports I now have?

Thanks for your help in advance!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 650 Q42 V38
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
ldryan wrote:
Hi All,

Just found this topic, and unfortunately, I got waitlisted at Kellogg in Rd 2. Has anyone from round 2 contacted their waitlist managers yet? I recently got a promotion and would like to update the adcom. Is this the type of information they want updates on? Should I be detailing the projects I am working on in my new role and the number of direct reports I now have?

Thanks for your help in advance!

According to the FAQs on the site, we're not supposed to contact our waitlist managers until April 1. But yes, I think that would be the kind of update they would look for.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q45 V47
GPA: 3.53
WE:Law (Law)
Send PM
Hey all. RD 2 waitlister here as well. Question: so I live in the Chicago area but have never made the trip up to Evanston for a school visit (multiple reasons, including work obligations, a torn ACL, and the fact that I know a lot of Kellogg graduates that I've spoken to about the school so I think I have a pretty solid idea of the culture already). Do you guys think it makes a lot of sense to try to take a day off work and get up to Evanston this week prior to contacting the WL manager next week? It is kind of pain for me to do since I'm hobbling around on crutches right now and have had to take a lot of time off work recently for surgery and recovery, but if it could be a make-or-break question if it comes up when speaking to the WL manager, I could wince through a class visit, info session, etc.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Send PM
Hi Everyone,

I am in a unique situation and need your help/ thoughts on this:

I had applied for a 2 year MBA, but have been waitlisted for 1 year program.

From what I see, I have 2 options:

Option 1. I point the error out to them.

I believe two things can happen here:

a. They might take me off the waitlist for 1 year (as they might feel I might not be interested in 1 year program) and reject me for the 2 year program as well to avoid the hassle.

b. They move me to the 2 year waitlist. In this case, my peer group would be different, evaluation process might be different, scoring might be different. I am not sure if they would re-evaluate me completely again. I dont know if this is even a possiblity.

Some basic stats from 2012:
1 year MBA: 500 applicants, 100 admits (I believe a higher quality apps here attributable to higher savings, lack of any alternatives in terms of 1 yr programs from other top schools)
2 year MBA: 4500 applicants, 550 admits

Option 2. I provide updates and reiterate an interest in 1 year program:

Not sure how this would work out. I am not sure how much movement there is on 1 year MBA waitlist. Kellogg pretty much has a monopoly in this space and there might be very few dropouts. Based on some observation on Gmatclub, even a stanford admit was waiting for waitlist results from Kellogg 1 year program.

Any thoughts on how to proceed?

PS: An MBA is very critical for me at this juncture for further career progression.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Aximili85 wrote:
Hello all, ironically as I received an admit from INSEAD and Ross, Kellogg took me off its waitlist and gave me admission. I'm almost certain I will go with INSEAD, and am not even waiting for LBS' final decision. Going to write to Kellogg tonight to withdraw my admit.

Take care all and I wish you the best of luck with this process that takes so much out of you.

Congrats Aximili! All the best!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
giusippe wrote:
Hi Everyone,

a. They might take me off the waitlist for 1 year (as they might feel I might not be interested in 1 year program) and reject me for the 2 year program as well to avoid the hassle.

b. They move me to the 2 year waitlist. In this case, my peer group would be different, evaluation process might be different, scoring might be different. I am not sure if they would re-evaluate me completely again. I dont know if this is even a possiblity.

1 year MBA: 500 applicants, 100 admits (I believe a higher quality apps here attributable to higher savings, lack of any alternatives in terms of 1 yr programs from other top schools)

Not sure how this would work out. I am not sure how much movement there is on 1 year MBA waitlist. Kellogg pretty much has a monopoly in this space and there might be very few dropouts. Based on some observation on Gmatclub, even a stanford admit was waiting for waitlist results from Kellogg 1 year program.

PS: An MBA is very critical for me at this juncture for further career progression.

I would figure out who your waitlist manager is and give them a call. You probably need to get on the waitlist you're supposed to be on - I don't think there's any gaming the system on this mistake here.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hookemhorns612 wrote:
giusippe wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I would figure out who your waitlist manager is and give them a call. You probably need to get on the waitlist you're supposed to be on - I don't think there's any gaming the system on this mistake here.

Agreed. I think you should tell your waitlist manager about the mistake. They will review your application again next month and I am sure they will notice that you applied to the 2 year anyway. If they were going to get to the point where they were going to offer you admission, they definitely would have looked at your application close enough to notice it was for the 2 year program. Any chance the letter said they thought you would be a better fit for the 1-year or just that you are on the 1-yr waitlist?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
madammepsychosis wrote:
Hey all. RD 2 waitlister here as well. Question: so I live in the Chicago area but have never made the trip up to Evanston for a school visit (multiple reasons, including work obligations, a torn ACL, and the fact that I know a lot of Kellogg graduates that I've spoken to about the school so I think I have a pretty solid idea of the culture already). Do you guys think it makes a lot of sense to try to take a day off work and get up to Evanston this week prior to contacting the WL manager next week? It is kind of pain for me to do since I'm hobbling around on crutches right now and have had to take a lot of time off work recently for surgery and recovery, but if it could be a make-or-break question if it comes up when speaking to the WL manager, I could wince through a class visit, info session, etc.

Bums about the torn ACL, I had that a few years ago, definitely a long recovery. I do think it would be a good idea to go to campus, however, I don't think you need to do it before you call your waitlist manager. They will likely tell you they will be reviewing your application at the end of April or some time like that so if you have any updates to send before then. So I think it would be better if you visited before you sent your update and then mentioned how great your visit was in your update. That should give you enough time to be a little more mobile. Even though you have friends who are alums, it can't hurt to mention your impressions from the class you visited or discussions with current students who have similar career interests.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Dakells wrote:
Agreed. I think you should tell your waitlist manager about the mistake. They will review your application again next month and I am sure they will notice that you applied to the 2 year anyway. If they were going to get to the point where they were going to offer you admission, they definitely would have looked at your application close enough to notice it was for the 2 year program. Any chance the letter said they thought you would be a better fit for the 1-year or just that you are on the 1-yr waitlist?

They just said, I am on the 1 yr waitlist!

I just hope they would review my application if I point this out to them... instead of rejecting me outright!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
giusippe wrote:
Dakells wrote:

I just hope they would review my application if I point this out to them... instead of rejecting me outright!

Who knows, they could do the opposite and accept you outright! I really don't think they would reject you without first reviewing you again, especially since they've made a mistake. It's actually probably less of a hassle to them to just move you to the 2 year waitlist.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q45 V47
GPA: 3.53
WE:Law (Law)
Send PM
Dakells wrote:
Bums about the torn ACL, I had that a few years ago, definitely a long recovery. I do think it would be a good idea to go to campus, however, I don't think you need to do it before you call your waitlist manager. They will likely tell you they will be reviewing your application at the end of April or some time like that so if you have any updates to send before then. So I think it would be better if you visited before you sent your update and then mentioned how great your visit was in your update. That should give you enough time to be a little more mobile. Even though you have friends who are alums, it can't hurt to mention your impressions from the class you visited or discussions with current students who have similar career interests.

Makes sense. Thanks for the advice. Good luck to you!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Dakells wrote:
giusippe wrote:
Dakells wrote:

Who knows, they could do the opposite and accept you outright! I really don't think they would reject you without first reviewing you again, especially since they've made a mistake. It's actually probably less of a hassle to them to just move you to the 2 year waitlist.

Yeah, you re right. it can go either ways. Maybe I ll wait until 1st april, talk with my waitlist manager and see what he has to say about my app.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management, Healthcare
GPA: 3.1
WE:Project Management (Health Care)
Send PM
giusippe wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Wow, I thought Kellogg was close to 20% acceptance rate ? some one correct me btw, I am also a R2 WL here
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  23   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts