Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 08:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 11

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 May 2013, 12:41
not as yet
Intern
Intern
Schools: AGSM '16

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 May 2013, 15:52
hookemhorns612 wrote:
Looks like somebody got in off the waitlist with the R3 admits yesterday. They posted on BTG. Anybody else hear anything, but not posted yet?

Can you provide link? This date doesn't make sense wrt rest of information flow and doesn't seem to be on any beat the gmat forums. Thanks
Current Student
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.61
WE: Operations (Consumer Products)

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 May 2013, 21:21
I got a call from my waitlist manager this morning. I obviously freaked out hoping it was good news, but she was just checking in. I had emailed her a few days ago about my admission to Booth (and the June 5th deadline) and she had already emailed me back, so I wasn't expecting any additional communication from her. She asked me how I was doing, if I had enrolled in the class I mentioned I would in my waitlist letter, if I had already signed a lease at Michigan, etc. Anyone have any idea what this means? She said she would try to give me a decision before June 5th. Hopefully it is good news, but I am not getting my hopes up.
Intern
Intern

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 May 2013, 21:54
ldryan wrote:
I got a call from my waitlist manager this morning. I obviously freaked out hoping it was good news, but she was just checking in. I had emailed her a few days ago about my admission to Booth (and the June 5th deadline) and she had already emailed me back, so I wasn't expecting any additional communication from her. She asked me how I was doing, if I had enrolled in the class I mentioned I would in my waitlist letter, if I had already signed a lease at Michigan, etc. Anyone have any idea what this means? She said she would try to give me a decision before June 5th. Hopefully it is good news, but I am not getting my hopes up.

Just trying to get ducks in a row for next week. Lots of top schools have deposit deadlines. Side note: if you are deciding between Booth and kellogg, why are you considering signing a lease at Ross at this late stage?
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 May 2013, 05:55
Blumpkin wrote:
ldryan wrote:
I got a call from my waitlist manager this morning. I obviously freaked out hoping it was good news, but she was just
checking in. I had emailed her a few days ago about my admission to Booth (and the June 5th deadline) and she had already emailed me back, so I wasn't expecting any additional communication from her. She asked me how I was doing, if I had enrolled in the class I mentioned I would in my waitlist letter, if I had already signed a lease at Michigan, etc. Anyone have any idea what this means? She said she would try to give me a decision before June 5th. Hopefully it is good news, but I am not getting my hopes up.

Just trying to get ducks in a row for next week. Lots of top schools have deposit deadlines. Side note: if you are deciding between Booth and kellogg, why are you considering signing a lease at Ross at this late stage?

Hi, to answer your question, I am enrolled at Ross and just got into Booth off the waitlist. I will need to make a final decision on a school by June 5th, so I asked my waitlist manager if there was any chance I would hear from Kellogg by then. I am not deciding between Booth and Kellogg, I am deciding between Ross and Booth.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 650 Q42 V38
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.67

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 5

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 May 2013, 10:27
ldryan wrote:
Blumpkin wrote:
ldryan wrote:
I got a call from my waitlist manager this morning. I obviously freaked out hoping it was good news, but she was just
checking in. I had emailed her a few days ago about my admission to Booth (and the June 5th deadline) and she had already emailed me back, so I wasn't expecting any additional communication from her. She asked me how I was doing, if I had enrolled in the class I mentioned I would in my waitlist letter, if I had already signed a lease at Michigan, etc. Anyone have any idea what this means? She said she would try to give me a decision before June 5th. Hopefully it is good news, but I am not getting my hopes up.

Hi, to answer your question, I am enrolled at Ross and just got into Booth off the waitlist. I will need to make a final decision on a school by June 5th, so I asked my waitlist manager if there was any chance I would hear from Kellogg by then. I am not deciding between Booth and Kellogg, I am deciding between Ross and Booth.

Now I'm curious... if you're just deciding between Ross and Booth, why are you staying on Kellogg's waitlist? If you know you're not going to go there, I would recommend gracefully bowing out and giving someone else your (potential) spot.
Current Student
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 8

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 May 2013, 10:32

Posted from my mobile device Image[/quote]

Now I'm curious... if you're just deciding between Ross and Booth, why are you staying on Kellogg's waitlist? If you know you're not going to go there, I would recommend gracefully bowing out and giving someone else your (potential) spot.[/quote]

I think he's deciding between Ross and Booth because he only has these two admits for now:) that doesn't mean he does not want to go to Kellogg...
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 18 [1] , given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2013, 11:53
This post received
KUDOS
Just trying to get ducks in a row for next week. Lots of top schools have deposit deadlines. Side note: if you are deciding between Booth and kellogg, why are you considering signing a lease at Ross at this late stage?[/quote]

Now I'm curious... if you're just deciding between Ross and Booth, why are you staying on Kellogg's waitlist? If you know you're not going to go there, I would recommend gracefully bowing out and giving someone else your (potential) spot.[/quote]

MBA83 is exactly right. Kellogg is my first choice, so I am sorry, but I am not taking your recommendation of gracefully bowing out of the waitlist. I am choosing between Booth and Ross because I have obviously not been admitted to Kellogg...
Intern
Intern

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2013, 13:59
ldryan wrote:

MBA83 is exactly right. Kellogg is my first choice, so I am sorry, but I am not taking your recommendation of gracefully bowing out of the waitlist. I am choosing between Booth and Ross because I have obviously not been admitted to Kellogg...[/quote]

Got it-so your talk about housing deposit was meant induce a quicker decision at your first choice. Good luk with that-lol
3 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 18 [3] , given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2013, 14:41
This post received
KUDOS

MBA83 is exactly right. Kellogg is my first choice, so I am sorry, but I am not taking your recommendation of gracefully bowing out of the waitlist. I am choosing between Booth and Ross because I have obviously not been admitted to Kellogg...[/quote]

Got it-so your talk about housing deposit was meant induce a quicker decision at your first choice. Good luk with that-lol[/quote]

Did you actually read my post?! Kellogg asked me about whether I had already signed a lease. I did not offer that information. Not sure what your agenda is, but I think if you are going to make snide remarks and "laugh out loud" you should probably read posts thoroughly. This isn't a forum for that type of attitude. We are all waitlist and hopeful that we get admitted. If you aren't gonna be supportive, this might be a bad place for you to post.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 8

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2013, 06:30
@loralu - Good Luck and well said!
Current Student
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V37
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 15

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Jun 2013, 09:13
Ahh if waitlists killed...
I’ve spent about 5000 dollars for Johnson so far (deposits + housing),
Though this is a problem I want, I’ll have to re-spend a high cash if Kellogg admits me…

anybody in the same situation?
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
WE: Project Management (Real Estate)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 85 [0], given: 65

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Jun 2013, 14:06
rainfall wrote:
anybody in the same situation?

I imagine there are quite a few people in this forum who have spent money they are hoping never to see again. I'm not at $5k yet, but it gets closer every day.

Personally, I think you may just want to pull out of the Kellogg WL :wink:
Current Student
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V37
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 15

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2013, 10:00
brandon432 wrote:
Personally, I think you may just want to pull out of the Kellogg WL :wink:

yeah, I that way could increase your chances of being admitted, right?

why don't you do? :-D
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Healthcare
WE: Analyst (Health Care)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 9

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2013, 10:19
Anyone have a waitlist manager that isn't very communicative? Mine barely responds to my updates

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 11

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2013, 10:35
Crystal01 wrote:
Anyone have a waitlist manager that isn't very communicative? Mine barely responds to my updates

what kind of updates shud we send?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Healthcare
WE: Analyst (Health Care)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 9

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2013, 10:51
aviator9999 wrote:
Crystal01 wrote:

what kind of updates shud we send?

Just if you've gotten a promotion or significant awards. If you've retaken the GMAT or GRE and gotten a higher score...etc. only significant things. I'm told they don't like if you constantly email them with trivial updates or constant questions
Current Student

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2013, 12:50
rainfall wrote:

yeah, I that way could increase your chances of being admitted, right?

why don't you do? :-D

Exactly. In all seriousness, good luck with Kellogg and making your final decision. I think we could all use some of that.
Current Student

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2013, 12:52
Crystal01 wrote:

I emailed mine the first day I could and he/she called me back within a day or two. I've also emailed him/her to followup and he/she replied. It sounds like they're busy, for sure, but I wouldn't say uncommunicative. I can only speak for my experience though.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 3

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Jun 2013, 09:08
brandon432 wrote:
Crystal01 wrote:

I emailed mine the first day I could and he/she called me back within a day or two. I've also emailed him/her to followup and he/she replied. It sounds like they're busy, for sure, but I wouldn't say uncommunicative. I can only speak for my experience though.

My manager told me that I shouldn't concern myself with sending updates unless they're overly pertinent, saying that I am on the WL more because of capacity issues and not because they want to know more about me.

As such, I sent one update about three weeks ago but nothing since. Should I be interacting more with my manager?
Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants   [#permalink] 06 Jun 2013, 09:08