Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Apr 2014, 16:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.62
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2013, 16:54

Last edited by rreish on 14 May 2013, 07:44, edited 2 times in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 30

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2013, 19:51
rreish wrote:
I spoke with an admissions staff member last Tuesday and was told my waitlist manager was out off the office until this week. Rather than leave a message, I asked for his phone number & email and told the admissions staff member I'd give him a call the following week.

I called the main admissions office line today and they informed me that he was in his office, but away from his desk and would be back later (i love the transparency). So I dropped him an email explaining that I attempted to call him last week and earlier today, and that I'd try calling later this afternoon. Later today I called his direct line and he answered (although, I'm not sure he saw my email before my call).

I'd definitely try giving him a ring. If it's the same waitlist manager, then don't stress. He was easy to talk with and really nice.

similar story for me - met him at a Kellogg event before. He was out until today - If I don't get an email response tomorrow, I'm going to call Wed morning. Thanks
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.63
WE: Marketing (Real Estate)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2013, 01:56
Dakells wrote:
1coolcat wrote:
tinkered wrote:
Got in touch with my WM. Apparently I'm the type who doesn't have anything in particular lacking, it's just a wait and see. She did say they welcome any updates that might be helpful. She also mentioned that the Feb 20 date is still early in the cycle, so she didn't expect to a lot of movement on this date. Looks like there'll be a long wait for most of us!

Was transferred from the main desk to WLMgr's VM on 8th and 9th.
So sent an e-mail to her with my interest to continue on the WL and with my contact details.

She called back same day and said that its unfortunate that I am on the waitlist and that they would look forward to personal or professional updates.
She indicated they would prefer updates closer to 2 weeks before the deadline. She enquired whether I had gone through the FAQs reg the waitlist - which i had.
And also that Feb may be too early for the waitlist to move.
I specifically enquired if there is something needed from my side to make for a stronger application, to which she said - nothing required as of now.
I closed by stating that the Kellogg 1-Y is priority#1 (which in fact it is) and I was looking forward to a positive outcome. I said something similar at the beginning of the call too.

Just curious, do you think the waitlist for the 1-yr program is separate from the 2-yr program waitlist? I imagine they evaluate 1-yr program applicants separately?

I'd tend to think that the waitlists for the 1-y and the 2-y are different - have not read anything to both lists being the same on previous years' forums.
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.67
WE: Human Resources (Insurance)

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2013, 17:54
Thought I would post about my conversation with my WL manager....

He was out of the office until this Monday. So, I called yesterday afternoon, and my WL manager picked up the phone. He was very friendly. He said, give me a second and I will grab your application. When he came back, he asked if I reviewed the FAQ and if I had any further questions. I asked if he could shed light into how I can improve my candidacy. He said I could provide more clarity into my career goals. He said the rest of the application, "we loved."

So what happens now? I hope if I provide this clarity a positive outcome will manifest on Feb. 20th (or in March, April or May)???
Intern
Intern

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2013, 14:45
@ rreish hookemhorns and bsch2013 I think we all have the same guy. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who hasn't reached him. I left a VM on Jan 7th , didnt hear anything so i followed up with an e mail on the 15th - both times just requesting to set up a time to connect. i hadnt gotten ANY response as of this afternoon so I called and left another VM.

I am hoping for time's sake that i fall into the bucket of "overindexed in your demographic" but not sure. Based on you posts its seems like he is just behind on replying to everyone. How long would you guys wait before reaching out again? I definitely dont want to annoy him.

Thanks!!

PS in my free time I have been encouraging everyone who is lukewarm on Kellogg to put their deposits down elsewhere ;)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2013, 15:22
onesie wrote:
@ rreish hookemhorns and bsch2013 I think we all have the same guy. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who hasn't reached him. I left a VM on Jan 7th , didnt hear anything so i followed up with an e mail on the 15th - both times just requesting to set up a time to connect. i hadnt gotten ANY response as of this afternoon so I called and left another VM.

I am hoping for time's sake that i fall into the bucket of "overindexed in your demographic" but not sure. Based on you posts its seems like he is just behind on replying to everyone. How long would you guys wait before reaching out again? I definitely dont want to annoy him.

Thanks!!

PS in my free time I have been encouraging everyone who is lukewarm on Kellogg to put their deposits down elsewhere ;)

Yup I'm pretty sure we all do have the same WL manager. I tried him on his direct line a couple times today, but nothing. I've e-mailed and left a VM so I'm going to sit tight until Monday and give him another call. It sounds like some people have gotten in touch with him.

Just dying to know where I stand - I want to go to Kellogg so bad!

Enjoy the weekend friends.
Current Student

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2013, 16:28
@onesie and hookemhorns -

I called our WL manager around 4:30pm CT on Monday. Maybe try calling either early morning or late afternoon? Hopefully you both can connect with him soon!
Intern
Intern

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2013, 14:45
I finally got ahold of my WL manager this afternoon and he asked me to submit more information about why kellogg and what i wanted to be involved in when i got there.

i'm confused because i addressed this pretty specifically in my "at kellogg graduation" essay and this doesnt really fit with the two buckets you guys described earlier. thoughts?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2013, 16:50
got a hold as well. I am in the strong app, just need to see if there are enough seats bucket.
Current Student

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2013, 18:25
Hi all - I sent in more information to my WL manager yesterday morning (clarification on my career goals). I haven't received a confirmation e-mail, that he received my information.

Have any of you received an e-mail reply/confirmation from your WL manager? Should I call my WL manager to make sure he received my e-mail?

onesie - my recommendation would be to contact a current student or alum, to have them give you suggestions of specific Kellogg clubs/activities that would make your follow-up essay stand out.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
GMAT 2: 690 Q V
GPA: 2.99
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 42

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2013, 08:00
onesie wrote:
I finally got ahold of my WL manager this afternoon and he asked me to submit more information about why kellogg and what i wanted to be involved in when i got there.

i'm confused because i addressed this pretty specifically in my "at kellogg graduation" essay and this doesnt really fit with the two buckets you guys described earlier. thoughts?

That's definitely weird if you believe you already addressed it in your essay, but I'd say it's probably not a bad thing. Sounds like they like everything about you, just need to hear a little bit more about why them. If you can convince them of that then maybe you're good to go. I'd definitely do as much research as possible to come up with more than just generic reasons and show them why you would be a great fit for Kellogg as well.

As for me, my WL manager was really open with me when we spoke. It's pretty clear that the reason I'm on the WL is that they liked everything about me but my GPA and although my GMAT isn't bad per se, it's not helping me in the slightest. Short of taking the GMAT again I don't really think there is anything I can do, so not much hope for me. She did say that the fact that I took some classes to make up for my GPA helped me get on the WL rather than ding. So good to know all of that wasn't a waste! She also reiterated what was mentioned above about it being unlikely to see much movement on Feb 20 and will more likely come in March.
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q V
GPA: 3.8
WE: Information Technology (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 11

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2013, 07:18
Have been trying to reach my WL manager last 3 weeks via direct email and phone number but still not able to reach him. Adcom officer told me he's pretty busy and asked me to wait. Anybody R1 wait-listed still not able to contact their WL manager yet?
Intern
Intern

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2013, 14:05
All quite around here.

Question for you all - since Feb 20 is coming up, does any one know if we will get a phone call/ e mail either way? I tried checking out last year's forum but couldnt make out anything super clearly.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2013, 14:24
Good luck to everyone....Guess everyone has been sending in updates and interacting with their WL managers

onesie wrote:
All quite around here.

Question for you all - since Feb 20 is coming up, does any one know if we will get a phone call/ e mail either way? I tried checking out last year's forum but couldnt make out anything super clearly.

Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 45

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2013, 01:12
onesie wrote:
All quite around here.

Good luck!

I think admits will be made via phone calls. The rest probably through emails, but I don't think we'll get any decision this month. But fingers crossed anyway!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.63
WE: Marketing (Real Estate)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2013, 02:11
i sent in my updates just today. would it have ended up being too late, i wonder? have not spoken to my wl mgr beyond the initial interaction in early jan? should i call? or is just the one-page update enough? not sure what i would really chat with her beyond what's already there in the update doc anyway.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
GMAT 2: 690 Q V
GPA: 2.99
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 42

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2013, 11:45
1coolcat wrote:
i sent in my updates just today. would it have ended up being too late, i wonder? have not spoken to my wl mgr beyond the initial interaction in early jan? should i call? or is just the one-page update enough? not sure what i would really chat with her beyond what's already there in the update doc anyway.

I sent mine in at the end of last week and got a nice response from my WL manager saying she would include it in my file. I don't think it's too late, they said they were going to start reviewing us again this week, even if they somehow already reviewed you again, I'm sure they'll read what you sent. Don't think you need to call.

Looking forward to the 20th if only because it means feeling the excitement of knowing a decision is coming (regardless of what that decision likely is)!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2013, 15:50
Most of us were explicitly told that there will be no decision in Feb most likely. I am not saying it is fun, but setting my expectations right.

Dakells wrote:
1coolcat wrote:

I sent mine in at the end of last week and got a nice response from my WL manager saying she would include it in my file. I don't think it's too late, they said they were going to start reviewing us again this week, even if they somehow already reviewed you again, I'm sure they'll read what you sent. Don't think you need to call.

Looking forward to the 20th if only because it means feeling the excitement of knowing a decision is coming (regardless of what that decision likely is)!
Intern
Intern

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2013, 17:23
I think this is the only time in my working life when I wished the weekend was over already . . .
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2013, 18:27
onesie wrote:
I think this is the only time in my working life when I wished the weekend was over already . . .

Do you guys think anybody's (anywhere) is going to hear anything on 2/20?
Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants   [#permalink] 14 Feb 2013, 18:27