Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 03:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.38
WE: General Management (Transportation)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 14

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2013, 07:07
Well, my WL manager is out of office this morning. Looks like an anxious night of sleep for me before calling early in the morning...

Good luck everyone else. Hopefully we glean enough info to know just what, if anything, we can do to improve our chances.

Last edited by Zomba on 07 Jan 2013, 07:42, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing
Schools: Yale '16 (M)

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 45

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2013, 07:32
Called, was put through to my WL manager, but only got the voice mail.

At least now I can sleep! Good luck everyone!
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q V
GPA: 3.8
WE: Information Technology (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 11

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2013, 07:44
Mine wont be back until 1/14. Oh well.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q44 V44
GPA: 3.86
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2013, 08:34
Also on the waitlist from R1, called this morning and left a voicemail for my WL manager. I have my update email drafted in case they need additional information. Looking forward to finding out which type of WL candidate (from the above post) I am.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 31

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2013, 09:55
Oh wow - I was under the impression you just called and asked for their contact info. Sounds like they're forwarding calls to the managers?

Has anybody talked to their WL manager? I imagine you need to be on your A game for that...
Manager
Manager

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2013, 18:08
hookemhorns612 wrote:
Oh wow - I was under the impression you just called and asked for their contact info. Sounds like they're forwarding calls to the managers?

Has anybody talked to their WL manager? I imagine you need to be on your A game for that...

Yup, they put you through right away, so it's best to be ready! Although from the posts here, it seems no one has been successful to talk to their WM ^^

I left a voicemail for my WM & a few hours she sent me an email to set up a time to call her this week.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2013, 21:29
I called my WL manager is out of town for now, but I'm glad the game's on - here we go!
Current Student
Schools: NYU (Stern) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.5

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 1

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2013, 23:26
I called admissions yesterday morning.
I was transferred right away to my WL manager, but got to his voicemail.
Left a message and didn't hear back yet...
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
GMAT 2: 690 Q V
GPA: 2.99
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 42

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 12:59
Called today and reached my WL manager. She was very friendly. We set up a call in a couple of weeks to discuss my application and ways to potentially improve prior to the next application review which she said would be Feb 11th for decision on Feb 20th.
Current Student
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2013, 09:29
Tried to reach my waitlist manager, but unfortunately his voicemail box was full. Sent an email instead, so hopefully I'll hear back soon!
Manager
Manager

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2013, 18:04
Got in touch with my WM. Apparently I'm the type who doesn't have anything in particular lacking, it's just a wait and see. She did say they welcome any updates that might be helpful. She also mentioned that the Feb 20 date is still early in the cycle, so she didn't expect to a lot of movement on this date. Looks like there'll be a long wait for most of us!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE: Management Consulting (Accounting)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 08:10
I called on Tuesday and left a message with my WL Manager but haven't received a call back yet.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.62
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 09:57

Last edited by rreish on 14 May 2013, 07:43, edited 3 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.63
WE: Marketing (Real Estate)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2013, 03:57
tinkered wrote:
Got in touch with my WM. Apparently I'm the type who doesn't have anything in particular lacking, it's just a wait and see. She did say they welcome any updates that might be helpful. She also mentioned that the Feb 20 date is still early in the cycle, so she didn't expect to a lot of movement on this date. Looks like there'll be a long wait for most of us!

Was transferred from the main desk to WLMgr's VM on 8th and 9th.
So sent an e-mail to her with my interest to continue on the WL and with my contact details.

She called back same day and said that its unfortunate that I am on the waitlist and that they would look forward to personal or professional updates.
She indicated they would prefer updates closer to 2 weeks before the deadline. She enquired whether I had gone through the FAQs reg the waitlist - which i had.
And also that Feb may be too early for the waitlist to move.
I specifically enquired if there is something needed from my side to make for a stronger application, to which she said - nothing required as of now.
I closed by stating that the Kellogg 1-Y is priority#1 (which in fact it is) and I was looking forward to a positive outcome. I said something similar at the beginning of the call too.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
GMAT 2: 690 Q V
GPA: 2.99
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 42

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2013, 07:49
1coolcat wrote:
tinkered wrote:

So sent an e-mail to her with my interest to continue on the WL and with my contact details.

She called back same day and said that its unfortunate that I am on the waitlist and that they would look forward to personal or professional updates.
She indicated they would prefer updates closer to 2 weeks before the deadline. She enquired whether I had gone through the FAQs reg the waitlist - which i had.
I specifically enquired if there is something needed from my side to make for a stronger application, to which she said - nothing required as of now.
I closed by stating that the Kellogg 1-Y is priority#1 (which in fact it is) and I was looking forward to a positive outcome. I said something similar at the beginning of the call too.

Just curious, do you think the waitlist for the 1-yr program is separate from the 2-yr program waitlist? I imagine they evaluate 1-yr program applicants separately?
Intern
Intern

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2013, 16:09

Last edited by rreish on 14 May 2013, 07:44, edited 2 times in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2013, 16:40
rreish wrote:
I just got in contact with my waitlist manager today. We had about a 5 minute conversation and he was very nice. He asked if I had read through Kellogg's FAQs (which I had) and stated that waitlist candidates are typically placed in two buckets. He said that while my application was strong, the admissions committee would like me to expand on my career focus - short term & long term. He also said that any other additional updates would also be welcome and placed in my personal folder for review. I ended the call reiterating that Kellogg has been my #1 for some time and that we'd actually met about a year and half ago at an on-campus Kellogg admissions event.

I'm about to get cracking on this new "essay". Fingers crossed for all of us!

Pretty sure we have the same W/L manager. Did you reach out to him again today. I e-mailed and didn't hear back so just curious if I need to just give him a ring.
Intern
Intern

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2013, 16:54

Last edited by rreish on 14 May 2013, 07:44, edited 2 times in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2013, 19:51
rreish wrote:
I spoke with an admissions staff member last Tuesday and was told my waitlist manager was out off the office until this week. Rather than leave a message, I asked for his phone number & email and told the admissions staff member I'd give him a call the following week.

I called the main admissions office line today and they informed me that he was in his office, but away from his desk and would be back later (i love the transparency). So I dropped him an email explaining that I attempted to call him last week and earlier today, and that I'd try calling later this afternoon. Later today I called his direct line and he answered (although, I'm not sure he saw my email before my call).

I'd definitely try giving him a ring. If it's the same waitlist manager, then don't stress. He was easy to talk with and really nice.

similar story for me - met him at a Kellogg event before. He was out until today - If I don't get an email response tomorrow, I'm going to call Wed morning. Thanks
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.63
WE: Marketing (Real Estate)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2013, 01:56
Dakells wrote:
1coolcat wrote:
tinkered wrote:

Just curious, do you think the waitlist for the 1-yr program is separate from the 2-yr program waitlist? I imagine they evaluate 1-yr program applicants separately?

I'd tend to think that the waitlists for the 1-y and the 2-y are different - have not read anything to both lists being the same on previous years' forums.
Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants   [#permalink] 15 Jan 2013, 01:56