Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 19:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Kellogg Thread Master
Concentration: International Business, Strategy
GMAT 1: Q V
GMAT 2: Q V
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 7

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2014, 19:49
mgh234 wrote:
Just had my R2 Kellogg interview. Does Kellogg release Round 2 decisions all at once, or do they release some early like UCLA?

During round 1 all decisions came out on Dec 18. Acceptance calls were made throughout the day, while denied/waitlisted were sent out sporadically throughout. But all on same day.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2014, 20:13
mgh234 wrote:
Just had my R2 Kellogg interview. Does Kellogg release Round 2 decisions all at once, or do they release some early like UCLA?

Did you do it on-campus?

If so, did you attend the info session and was it worth it? I'm only planning to do the tour and class visit when I do my interview.
Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 205 [0], given: 53

Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2014, 20:16
Expert's post
1of2 wrote:
mgh234 wrote:

Did you do it on-campus?

If so, did you attend the info session and was it worth it? I'm only planning to do the tour and class visit when I do my interview.

off campus, nyc
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Consulting (Telecommunications)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 1181

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2014, 06:10
So, what are the expected dates for interview decisions to be released? Are they the same for international candidates as well? Thanks! :)

Dream On...

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2014, 08:35
Just got off-campus alumnus interview invitation on 25 Jan in Seoul. R2 applied on 8 Jan night.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 24

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2014, 10:04
mgh234 wrote:

How was the interview experience mgh?
Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 205 [0], given: 53

Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2014, 10:09
Expert's post
sp88 wrote:
mgh234 wrote:

50 minutes, with a 2011 alumni. He runs a start-up and was really laid back. Got the general questions (walkthrough resume, why kellogg, why mba, long and short career plans, ethical issues, biggest failures), asked a lot of follow-ups and would deep-dive into a lot of answers, but remained friendly. Overall conversational, no real surprises.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 24

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2014, 10:11
mgh234 wrote:
sp88 wrote:
mgh234 wrote:

50 minutes, with a 2011 alumni. He runs a start-up and was really laid back. Got the general questions (walkthrough resume, why kellogg, why mba, long and short career plans, ethical issues, biggest failures), asked a lot of follow-ups and would deep-dive into a lot of answers, but remained friendly. Overall conversational, no real surprises.

Thanks a lot for the response!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V35
GPA: 3.1
WE: Education (Education)

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 42

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2014, 13:56
Anybody get an interview invite in Chicago yet?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 4

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2014, 14:01
Received e-mail for off-campus interview this past Friday near Philadelphia.
Ross Thread Master
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V28
GMAT 2: 660 Q48 V32
GMAT 3: 670 Q48 V34
GMAT 4: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 61 [0], given: 59

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2014, 19:07
No India invites yet???? The waiting is terrible.... much worse than any other phase of the application....

My GMAT Debrief | My ISB 2015 Interview

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Other
GMAT 1: Q48 V35

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 3

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2014, 23:35
anujkhatiwada wrote:

I got, but don't forget that if you selected an option "on-campus" interview, you need to call the Admissions before Jan 20 (if I am not mistaken) to schedule the interview. I have scheduled mine already. Good luck .
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 42

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2014, 07:40
Milenochka wrote:
anujkhatiwada wrote:

I got, but don't forget that if you selected an option "on-campus" interview, you need to call the Admissions before Jan 20 (if I am not mistaken) to schedule the interview. I have scheduled mine already. Good luck .

I did not select on campus. It said that if you are in the Chicago area to select off campus, so I did. When did you get your application in?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Other
GMAT 1: Q48 V35

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 3

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2014, 07:44
anujkhatiwada wrote:
Milenochka wrote:
anujkhatiwada wrote:

I did not select on campus. It said that if you are in the Chicago area to select off campus, so I did. When did you get your application in?

I am an international applicant, so I selected on-campus interview and called To schedule the interview. I think in your case you should wait. Good luck.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 16 [1] , given: 42

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2014, 07:47
This post received
KUDOS
I got, but don't forget that if you selected an option "on-campus" interview, you need to call the Admissions before Jan 20 (if I am not mistaken) to schedule the interview. I have scheduled mine already. Good luck .[/quote]

I did not select on campus. It said that if you are in the Chicago area to select off campus, so I did. When did you get your application in?[/quote]

I am an international applicant, so I selected on-campus interview and called To schedule the interview. I think in your case you should wait. Good luck.[/quote]

I see. Thanks for your input. Good luck to you as well!
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2014, 08:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Exchange Experience: We Lived Kellogg
Only a quarter of classes can be enough to feel and take home Kellogg’s spirit. I spent 2013 winter quarter there on the Exchange MBA Program and lived it in full. From the fantastic classes to the very diversified clubs’ activities and even the campus services, there is no way you can’t learn and be encouraged to do better, dream and go for it after living Kellogg.

I was lucky to know very nice full-time students in my classes but also very interesting and fun people on exchange with me. We were quite a group and the stories to tell are a proof of it.

The slideshow above is just a summary of great memories. I will never forget my classes with Professor Mohanbir Sawhney and Professor Andrew Razeghi, nor the ideas bouncing in the Marketing Conference. Lunch ‘N’ Learn with Pepsico talking about Quaker brand, Kraft sharing how they invented Mio, the branding competition organized by the Design Club, and Professor Timothy Calkins reviewing last year’s SuperBowl ads were remarkable moments. Priceless were also the meetings with Loraine Hasebe and Madison Morris to talk about career development. I’m very thankful to them!

Spare time always had enjoyable plans, too. Going to Louie’s on Tuesday for the burgers, open mic Monday’s at Kafein, hanging out in McManus lounge, going swimming or playing racquetball in Henry Crown’s Sport Pavillion, spending St. Patrick’s in a green Chicago, watching the Bulls or the Blackhawks, listening to jazz in the city, LAHIMA‘s karaoke … The list could go longer, but there’s a way to sum it up: it was an amazing time.

Thanks again Kellogg for giving us this unforgettable opportunity. No more to say but hoping you enjoy the slideshow images at least a bit as I (we) did.

Eugenia Naser (@EugeniaNaser) was a student in the Master in Marketing program at the Universidad de San Andrés in Argentina, who studied at Kellogg as part of the International MBA Exchange Program during the winter quarter of 2013. She currently is Latin America Indirect Sales Business Leader at Mercer based in Buenos Aires.

Filed under: Student Life Tagged: Kellogg Student Clubs, Kellogg Student Experience, MBA Exchange Program Image
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.94
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2014, 08:05
Hey, my video essay was waived due to the technical problems. I got an email from Kellogg that I can submit a new video essay if I want to. Just wondering if anyone else also got such a notification from Kellogg? Thanks.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.84
WE: General Management (Education)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 22

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2014, 11:33
Milenochka wrote:
anujkhatiwada wrote:

Thank you for this clarification! I was having trouble finding information on the website about how to schedule interviews.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 13

Reviews Badge
Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2014, 11:36
SmileKevinHK wrote:
Hey, my video essay was waived due to the technical problems. I got an email from Kellogg that I can submit a new video essay if I want to. Just wondering if anyone else also got such a notification from Kellogg? Thanks.

Yup! Got the same notification. I am planning to retry and submit it by tomorrow.

Please Kudos if you found my post useful

My Debrief: 760-q50-v44-3-months-of-prep-and-advice-162812.html#p1289527

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.14
WE: Analyst (Other)

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 2

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2014, 20:03
Thought I should post my interview experience. I'm an international applicant based out of the US and I submitted my application a couple of weeks before the deadline. My interview was taken by an alum last week. Interview was very conversational and she asked a lot of follow-up questions. Some of the questions asked were why mba, why kellogg, what do i currently do outside of work, leadership experience, conflict resolution, what courses/clubs i would be interested in after coming to kellogg etc. She kept writing a lot of notes as i answered all her questions. It is good to prepare for all probable questions in advance as a lot of them would be asked during the interview.
Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016   [#permalink] 15 Jan 2014, 20:03