Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 03:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V28
GMAT 2: 660 Q48 V32
GMAT 3: 670 Q48 V34
GMAT 4: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 102 [0], given: 73

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2014, 20:18
ayushs wrote:
Thought I should post my interview experience. I'm an international applicant based out of the US and I submitted my application a couple of weeks before the deadline. My interview was taken by an alum last week. Interview was very conversational and she asked a lot of follow-up questions. Some of the questions asked were why mba, why kellogg, what do i currently do outside of work, leadership experience, conflict resolution, what courses/clubs i would be interested in after coming to kellogg etc. She kept writing a lot of notes as i answered all her questions. It is good to prepare for all probable questions in advance as a lot of them would be asked during the interview.

Thanks for sharing your experience.... Did you not get any questions such as guesstimate or any other analytical (scenario based) or quant type questions? Such as the number of tennis balls needed to fill an Airbus 380 etc... :lol: :lol: :lol:

My GMAT Debrief | My ISB 2015 Interview

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.14
WE: Analyst (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 2

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2014, 20:21
gmatbugsme84 wrote:
ayushs wrote:
Thought I should post my interview experience. I'm an international applicant based out of the US and I submitted my application a couple of weeks before the deadline. My interview was taken by an alum last week. Interview was very conversational and she asked a lot of follow-up questions. Some of the questions asked were why mba, why kellogg, what do i currently do outside of work, leadership experience, conflict resolution, what courses/clubs i would be interested in after coming to kellogg etc. She kept writing a lot of notes as i answered all her questions. It is good to prepare for all probable questions in advance as a lot of them would be asked during the interview.

Thanks for sharing your experience.... Did you not get any questions such as guesstimate or any other analytical (scenario based) or quant type questions? Such as the number of tennis balls needed to fill an Airbus 380 etc... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nah nothing like that. It was a pretty freewheeling interview...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.94
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2014, 06:18
yuvrajsub wrote:
SmileKevinHK wrote:
Hey, my video essay was waived due to the technical problems. I got an email from Kellogg that I can submit a new video essay if I want to. Just wondering if anyone else also got such a notification from Kellogg? Thanks.

Yup! Got the same notification. I am planning to retry and submit it by tomorrow.

Have you solved your technical problems? Mine still persists... I just don't know how to solve it. Might just pass the video essay... Hopefully this won't impact my application as Kellogg indicated...
BSchool Forum Moderator

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2014, 06:37
SmileKevinHK wrote:
yuvrajsub wrote:
SmileKevinHK wrote:
Hey, my video essay was waived due to the technical problems. I got an email from Kellogg that I can submit a new video essay if I want to. Just wondering if anyone else also got such a notification from Kellogg? Thanks.

Yup! Got the same notification. I am planning to retry and submit it by tomorrow.

Have you solved your technical problems? Mine still persists... I just don't know how to solve it. Might just pass the video essay... Hopefully this won't impact my application as Kellogg indicated...

I hope that you've read the posts from other GC members on previous pages.... Lots of people (including me) have shared a lot of their experiences from R1 and R2.... That may prove helpful...

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V26
GMAT 2: 660 Q50 V28
GMAT 3: 730 Q50 V38
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 173 [0], given: 23

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2014, 08:59
Hi,

I submitted my R2 app in last week of december. much after the recommended deadline for interview.
I was just wondering how does it goes for indian applicants. Interview waiver or was it done schedule on skype?
Can anyone share such experience?

Regards,

My posts: Solving Inequalities, Solving Simultaneous equations, Divisibility Rules

My story: 640 What a blunder!

Vocabulary resource: EdPrep

Facebook page: fb.com/EdPrep

Current Student
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.92

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 2

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2014, 19:00
I applied R2 and see that several people have already been invited and interviewed. Fair to assume that all of these invites went out at once and I will not be considered?
Current Student

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2014, 19:07
Some confusion on my end - do all applicants have an evaluative interview or only those invited to interview? I see a January 22nd schedule date for NW on-campus interviews. I want to make sure I am understanding the kellogg process correctly. Can anyone shed some light on the subject?
BSchool Forum Moderator

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2014, 21:19
gambelda wrote:
Some confusion on my end - do all applicants have an evaluative interview or only those invited to interview? I see a January 22nd schedule date for NW on-campus interviews. I want to make sure I am understanding the kellogg process correctly. Can anyone shed some light on the subject?

From what I understand, they will try to interview all applicants. Only that submitting apps after the "recommended" deadline may cause the interview to be scheduled late. They will only waive off campus interviews for candidates for whom they can't find interviewers (read alumni) within the interview window. I'd wait a while and then try contacting the AO. BTW, I submitted my R2 app on the 7th of Jan. But haven't heard from them either.

Anyone else with better info/ views?

Posted from my mobile device Image

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V26
GMAT 2: 660 Q50 V28
GMAT 3: 730 Q50 V38
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 173 [0], given: 23

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2014, 04:18
gmatbugsme84 wrote:
gambelda wrote:

From what I understand, they will try to interview all applicants. Only that submitting apps after the "recommended" deadline may cause the interview to be scheduled late. They will only waive off campus interviews for candidates for whom they can't find interviewers (read alumni) within the interview window. I'd wait a while and then try contacting the AO. BTW, I submitted my R2 app on the 7th of Jan. But haven't heard from them either.

Hey,

On site, it says that a skype interview will be done, if required, for those who have submitted the app after recommended deadline.
I have heard that interview is waived for some. But, no sure how it progressed.

Regards,

My posts: Solving Inequalities, Solving Simultaneous equations, Divisibility Rules

My story: 640 What a blunder!

Vocabulary resource: EdPrep

Facebook page: fb.com/EdPrep

Current Student

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2014, 07:51
For those who were also confused, it's understandable. The kellogg process is a little more unique than most schools. For scheduling an on-campus interview, you need to call 847-491-3308 by January 22nd to schedule an interview.
BSchool Forum Moderator

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2014, 08:40
cyberjadugar wrote:
gmatbugsme84 wrote:
gambelda wrote:

Hey,

On site, it says that a skype interview will be done, if required, for those who have submitted the app after recommended deadline.

Regards,

Check out http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/pro ... -2013.aspx
Excerpt below:

Deadlines
The Round 2 deadline for all applications has been extended from Jan. 7 to Jan. 9, 2014, at 5 p.m. CT; both on-campus and off-campus interview requests will be accepted until this date. For those requesting an off-campus interview, we recommend an earlier submission (December 3) to allow the greatest lead time for the interview matching process. Applications received after this date will continue to be matched but may see further restricted interview availability. All applications will be reviewed equally, whether submitted on December 3 through our deadline of January 9. An applicant will not be at a disadvantage in the process if the application is submitted on the deadline but we do encourage those who are ready early to submit the application early

For off-campus interviews we should wait at least 4 weeks before panicking... Or maybe someone who called the AO can shed some light on this....

As for the waived interviews, I've heard that this only happens if they are unable to match the candidate with any available dates with alumni... I guess this is why they ask people to apply early, to allow more time for alumni to make themselves available to conduct interviews... In my opinion/understanding, a waived interview does not reflect negatively on the applicant BUT does deny him/her of valuable face time with someone who can have an impact on their application...

BSchool Forum Moderator

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2014, 08:42
gambelda wrote:
For those who were also confused, it's understandable. The kellogg process is a little more unique than most schools. For scheduling an on-campus interview, you need to call 847-491-3308 by January 22nd to schedule an interview.

Yep... if you selected on-campus interview in your application, then you will definitely need to call to schedule the interview. Only for off-campus interviews, you need to be patient and allow them to mail you :) :) :)

BSchool Forum Moderator

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2014, 08:56
cyberjadugar wrote:
gmatbugsme84 wrote:
gambelda wrote:

Hey,

Regards,

Can someone from R1 shed some more light on this?

BSchool Forum Moderator

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2014, 08:56
cyberjadugar wrote:
gmatbugsme84 wrote:
gambelda wrote:

Hey,

Regards,

Current Student
Concentration: International Business, Strategy
GMAT 1: Q V
GMAT 2: Q V
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 7

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2014, 11:12
gmatbugsme84 wrote:

If you are in an area where the demand for off-campus interviews is high (such as India or China) compared to the # of interviewers available, they won't be able to match you to an interviewer, thus your interview is waived. Kellogg tries to interview all applicants before they review the application, and they do so before evaluating your profile extensively. However, if they can't match you to someone, then they review your app to decide whether to offer you a Skype interview or not. If your interview is waived and you don't get invited for a Skype interview, I think chances are they are not interested in you.
Intern
Intern
Aakanksha: Mishra
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 2.9
WE: Other (Retail)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2014, 03:47
Hey!! Has anyone got a call in India?
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 25

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2014, 04:27
akinift wrote:

Not me.. Fingers still crossed.
BSchool Forum Moderator

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2014, 07:01
sp88 wrote:
akinift wrote:

Me neither. Hoping that it comes soon. Which locations have you guys opted? I've asked for New Delhi

Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 6

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2014, 08:45
gmatbugsme84 wrote:
sp88 wrote:
akinift wrote:

Me neither. Hoping that it comes soon. Which locations have you guys opted? I've asked for New Delhi

I have asked for Bangalore, still waiting!
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V37
GPA: 3.7
WE: Analyst (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2014, 10:15
I've been calling all day to schedule my on campus interview and nobody answers! Is there another way to schedule the interview?

Best
Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016   [#permalink] 20 Jan 2014, 10:15