Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 03:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 7

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2014, 13:26
JavertHL wrote:
randomdude123 wrote:
Some people say that it is ok to share the stories used in the essays but some say it is not a great idea. What do you guys think? For Kellogg will the interviewers have access to the essays and would they have already read it?

For off-campus interviewers, they do not have your essays or application, they only get your resume. Thus, it is fair game to reference your essays if it helps. All interviewers should tell you whether or not they've read your essays, and it is ok to ask about their knowledge of your application in the beginning of your interview.

With that said, the downside to using essay stories is that the interview should complement and expand your application package. If you repeat stories from your essays and the interviewer mentions them (not knowing it's already in your essays) in their grading forms, you gain nothing in relaying information that's already there.

I have an on-campus interview. If I am interviewed by a adcom committee member should I assume that they would have ready my stories? Irrespective of who interview me, Is it ok to ask whether he/she has read my application?.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 710 Q V0
GPA: 3.5
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 30 [1] , given: 2

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2014, 13:33
This post received
KUDOS
randomdude123 wrote:
JavertHL wrote:
randomdude123 wrote:
Some people say that it is ok to share the stories used in the essays but some say it is not a great idea. What do you guys think? For Kellogg will the interviewers have access to the essays and would they have already read it?

For off-campus interviewers, they do not have your essays or application, they only get your resume. Thus, it is fair game to reference your essays if it helps. All interviewers should tell you whether or not they've read your essays, and it is ok to ask about their knowledge of your application in the beginning of your interview.

With that said, the downside to using essay stories is that the interview should complement and expand your application package. If you repeat stories from your essays and the interviewer mentions them (not knowing it's already in your essays) in their grading forms, you gain nothing in relaying information that's already there.

I have an on-campus interview. If I am interviewed by a adcom committee member should I assume that they would have ready my stories? Irrespective of who interview me, Is it ok to ask whether he/she has read my application?.

Yes to both questions. An adcom member should be trained to tell you upfront what they do/do not know about you. If they don't tell you, it is appropriate to ask in the beginning of the interview. Of course, don't explicitly admit you're asking because you want to use your essay stories. I once asked an interviewer: "Just so we're on the same page, what parts of my application have you had a chance to review?"
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2014, 10:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Marketing Conference Delivers Exciting Insights for “New Marketing Playbook”
Peter McGuinness, Chief Marketing and Brand Officer at Chobani, delivers his keynote presentation at Kellogg Marketing Conference 2014.

There was an air of excitement around the Jake in the week leading up to the Kellogg Marketing Conference, one of Kellogg’s most popular events of the year. As a first-year student, I was excited to experience the conference that I had heard so much about.  This year’s theme the New Marketing Playbook could not have been more fitting.  The consumer and media landscapes have been changing rapidly in recent years leaving marketers wondering what new tactics or “plays” could be used to hedge out their competition.

The conference featured four exciting keynote speakers: Renee Borkowski, Group Vice President, Strategy & Insights at Razorfish; Steve Carlotti, Chief Executive Officer of the Cambridge Group; Peter McGuinness, Chief Marketing and Brand Officer of Chobani; and B. Bonin Bough, Vice President, Mondelēz International. I was especially excited to here from Peter McGuinness, since like me he has a background in advertising (and because I love Chobani!). He gave an inspired presentation about Chobani’s journey of growth and innovation, as well as its utilization of marketing strategy to sustain its position as the yogurt market leader. This is a very exciting time for Chobani as it is preparing to launch new product innovations and will for the first time have an ad in the Superbowl.  Some insightful themes from Mr. McGuinness’ presentation included defending market position, acting as an industry leader, gaining awareness and share of voice, and leveraging partnerships and sponsorships.

In addition to the keynotes, there were several break-out panels throughout the day that covered a variety of topics, such as mobile marketing, global growth,  “always on” advertising and long-haul brand sustainability.  They featured an impressive set of speakers from top companies such as Johnson & Johnson, Microsoft, Facebook, United Airlines, Target, Google and others. The panels, moderated by Kellogg marketing faculty members, gave an inside look into what it’s like to be a part of a major organization on the brink of change in the quickly evolving consumer landscape.

The conference was particularly relevant for me, since I worked in marketing before coming to Kellogg and hope to return to the field after I graduate. I learned several invaluable insights about the changes and innovations that we can expect from marketers in the coming years that I hope will help to equip me to be a leader in the field.  It is such an exciting time to be a marketer and an equally exciting time to be at Kellogg. I’m already looking forward to next year’s conference!

Jasmine Lipford (@JasmineCie) is a first year student at Kellogg’s full-time MBA program. Prior to Kellogg she was in New York working in advertising as a marketing strategist.  While at Kellogg she focuses her studies on Marketing, Management, and Strategy.

Filed under: Business Insight, Career, Student Life Tagged: Chobani, Kellogg Marketing Conference, marketing Image
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2014, 18:33
I heard that many applicants in my country received off campus interview invitation. I feel upset now for not receiving any message from Kellogg and I am thinking to email Kellogg asking whether I can schedule on campus interview instead.

Anyone has the experience to change interview type? Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: Q51 V38

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2014, 18:53
chloechuang wrote:
I heard that many applicants in my country received off campus interview invitation. I feel upset now for not receiving any message from Kellogg and I am thinking to email Kellogg asking whether I can schedule on campus interview instead.

Anyone has the experience to change interview type? Thanks.

I know that if you asked for off campus interview, they may appoint an alumnus for you to conduct the interview, and now it is probably too late to change to on campus interview for R2. but hold on there, they may send out more in the coming days.

btw, where r you from? good luck.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 5

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2014, 02:36
Anyone in India received an off campus invite ?
Intern
Intern
Aakanksha: Mishra
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 2.9
WE: Other (Retail)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2014, 02:55
SecondMBA wrote:

not yet
Intern
Intern

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2014, 04:12
Hi- has anyone in London received an off campus interview invite yet?!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2014, 04:19
gbad1 wrote:

Yes, I did. Had my interview two weeks ago. I submitted my application before December 3rd.
Intern
Intern

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2014, 04:29
binary01 wrote:
gbad1 wrote:

Yes, I did. Had my interview two weeks ago. I submitted my application before December 3rd.

Thanks! I may have to wait a while then, submitted the app on the 7th of Jan! How was the interview?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2014, 05:01
gbad1 wrote:
binary01 wrote:
gbad1 wrote:

Thanks! I may have to wait a while then, submitted the app on the 7th of Jan! How was the interview?

Interviewer was really nice and started with creating a good comfortable environment. Apart from usual MBA interview questions be prepared to expect questions that dig deeper into work experience and also be prepared to demonstrate your experience and beliefs with examples. For example; if asked about leadership style, expect a follow up question to give an example on when and how you used that style.

All the best! Hope you hear back soon.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q V
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 6

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2014, 11:27
Just received the invite, off-campus (Brazil)
Ross Thread Master
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V28
GMAT 2: 660 Q48 V32
GMAT 3: 670 Q48 V34
GMAT 4: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 66 [0], given: 59

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2014, 17:26
akinift wrote:
SecondMBA wrote:

not yet

Me neither..... Wondering if Kellogg already admitted all the Indians that the wanted (to maintain diversity) in R1??? Guess will just have to go through the painstaking wait...

My GMAT Debrief | My ISB 2015 Interview

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 7

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2014, 17:55
Is there any GMATCLUB page for Kellogg interview questions asked this year? Any other websites?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE: Other (Retail Banking)

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2014, 20:05
Just received the off-campus invite. I'm from Peru.
Ross Thread Master
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V28
GMAT 2: 660 Q48 V32
GMAT 3: 670 Q48 V34
GMAT 4: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 66 [0], given: 59

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2014, 23:37
JorgePostigo wrote:

When did you submit your application?

Posted from my mobile device Image

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GRE 1: 326 Q161 V165
GPA: 3.1
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 12

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2014, 01:18
Got an interview waiver today. This was expected as I doubt there are any Kellogg alum in the country where I currenly reside.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Schools: Tuck '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 158 [0], given: 101

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2014, 03:36
gbad1 wrote:

Yup I submitted a couple of days before the deadline and received an invite on the 15th.

*Updated 25th July*: Embracing the downtime
Blog: http://domotron.wordpress.com

Elements of an MBA application series
GMAT (28/02) | Profile (11/03) | Networking / Research (01/04) | Recommendations (30/05) | Essays / Online applications | Interview

My 710 (Q50, V36) Debrief + 740 (Q48, V44) Update:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/710-q50-v36-phew-i-m-done-with-the-gmat-probably-150067.html

Please share your profiles for this application season below:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/2014-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-162160.html

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE: Other (Retail Banking)

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2014, 06:04
gmatbugsme84 wrote:
JorgePostigo wrote:

When did you submit your application?

Submitted it on January 6.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 4

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2014, 09:27
Just had my off-campus interview yesterday with an alumn. Very laid back, had the meeting in his office. Asked me to talk about my goals and then had followed up questions regarding certain things that I said. I guess I hit on a couple of key ideas that he felt pretty strongly about. Asked about why I think teamwork and collaboration are important, obviously Kellogg is very high on those things. Other than that, questions are pretty standard.

As long as you know your story, why MBA, why now, why Kellogg, what can you bring to Kellogg, and the courses and clubs you want to join at Kellogg, you will do just fine.
Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016   [#permalink] 29 Jan 2014, 09:27