Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 07:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2014, 13:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Student Perspective: Kellogg Alumni in Japan
The Kellogg Club of Japan gathers for a group photo.

First and foremost, I would like to emphasize that I truly appreciate the fruitful relationships I have with Japanese alumni, who sparked my passion for Kellogg. Even before applying to Kellogg, I have enjoyed close interactions with generations of alumni including the president of Kellogg Club of Japan (KCJ) Yoshimitsu Kaji ’97, and it made me confirm that I am a great fit for Kellogg’s collaborative, student-driven, diverse culture.

Receiving the Alumni Club of Excellence Award in 2012, KCJ has stood out as “best in class” with its long history of community building and partnership with the school by continuously cultivating the entire Kellogg network, including prospective students, current students and the Japanese business community. For example, when I was a prospective student, I attended KCJ events such as TG in Tokyo and morning sessions (a speaker series). I enjoyed passionate discussions with alumni, culminating in intellectual exchange, sometimes through the night.

As a current student, I volunteered to help prospective and admitted students in Japan in collaboration with KCJ by matching each admitted student with current students and/or alumni ambassadors and helping to host Day at Kellogg Japan (DAKJ) for admitted students. Furthermore, I was one of the student leaders for Global Initiatives in Management (GIM) Japan/Korea and organized an alumni reception in Tokyo during the in-country trip. They gave us a warm and friendly welcome and were very excited about helping non-Japanese students understand Japanese business and culture, as well as hearing the latest updates about Kellogg. We also invited admitted students to welcome them into our community.

I feel very lucky to be a part of the Kellogg community throughout my life, as my experiences in the organization have created an organic network and breakthrough innovations. After graduation, I am willing to enhance Kellogg’s presence and vitalize the community by encouraging younger generations, especially young women, to explore their possibilities bravely, as many brilliant alumni have done for me.

Emi Yokoshima ‘14 is a second-year student in the 2Y Full-time MBA program from Tokyo, Japan. Prior to Kellogg, she worked at Tokyo Disney Resort on Theme Park Business Strategy/Product Management, Marketing/Sales Promotions and Investor Relations. Over the summer, she worked on new business development for the fashion category at Amazon, joined the Insight Program at McKinsey, and participated in Kellogg Corps for a consulting project to help a social enterprise in Belize. She is currently studying abroad as an exchange student at London Business School.

Filed under: Career, Student Life Tagged: japan, Kellogg Alumni, Kellogg Club of Japan, kellogg community Image
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [1] , given: 6

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2014, 00:49
This post received
KUDOS
Received my off-campus interview invite last night. From NCR, India and applied on the 6th January
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Consulting (Telecommunications)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 1181

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2014, 00:37
nikhilgandhi wrote:
Received my off-campus interview invite last night. From NCR, India and applied on the 6th January

Whoa - congrats Nikhil!

Dream On...

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 7

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2014, 08:23
Anymore off-campus interviews in London? I submitted my app on 7th Jan but have not heard yet..should I be worried?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2014, 13:44

Last edited by v4runc00l on 02 Feb 2014, 08:21, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 15

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2014, 05:52
Received an e-mail saying that "We currently do not have an available interviewer in your area. Consequently, we are waiving your interview requirement so as not to delay the submission or processing of your application". I hope this doesn't mean that their not interested in my application.
Intern
Intern
Aakanksha: Mishra
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 2.9
WE: Other (Retail)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2014, 07:11
nikhilgandhi wrote:

Hi Nikhil

What is your profile?
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2014, 20:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Kellogg Super Bowl Advertising Review 2014
Kellogg Professors Derek Rucker and Tim Calkins at the 10th Annual Kellogg Super Bowl Advertising Review.

All eyes were on the Super Bowl Sunday night at Kellogg School – at least on the ads. About 50 students packed a room to participate the 10th annual Super Bowl Advertising Review, scoring each commercial according to the ADPLAN Framework developed by Professors Tim Calkins and Derek Rucker.

The event gave participants some laughs, some groans and a new perspective:

This is a unique experience – one I knew I wanted to be a part of, even before I arrived at Kellogg. Commercials have always been my favorite part of the Super Bowl, so I was excited to look at the ads clinically with other likeminded people. I’ve always enjoyed ads for entertainment value but now I’m really looking at whether they forward the brand and if I’m going to remember the company that made them. The Ad Review is the best type of experiential learning – it’s very relevant, very real-time. This is going to carry me through to any marketing roles I have in the future.

First-half favorites: Jimmy Johns, Sonos and the Bud Light series. (It hooked me on the second ad.)

— Jordana Cohen ’15

The Super Bowl Advertising Review is one of those Kellogg traditions that’s special, unique and memorable. You have an opportunity to apply academic rigor to something you usually don’t think about in that sense. It’s also energizing to interact with other classmates that are really into this event, who plan to put their career into marketing. This year, I liked that some of the companies went the emotional route, like Cheerios and Chevrolet. For me, the ads that scored highest were the ones that captured my attention and demonstrated their product and its value. Beats with Ellen DeGeneres was smart, for example, and it showed viewers how this new service works.

First-half favorites: Cheerios, Chevrolet and Beats

— Mitch Colgan ’14

This is the perfect time of year to be a marketing enthusiast at Kellogg. We’ve had back-to-back CMO speakers, the Marketing Conference and now the Ad Review. There’s an energy and excitement to the review because it’s all happening in real time. You can discuss the commercials with your classmates, the professors and the dean, which makes it even more of a rich experience. I actually wrote about the ad review in the “Why Kellogg” essay in my application. I wanted to be a part of this, and I’m on Cloud 9. I’ve found the ads this year to be so much more emotional and sentimental. Plus, there seems to be a lot more celebrity power – from Ellen DeGeneres to Arnold Schwarzenegger.

First-half favorites: M&Ms, Volkswagen, Microsoft, Pistachios (Colbert!)

— Jasmine Lipford ’15

Filed under: Business Insight, Student Life Tagged: Advertising, Kellogg Super Bowl Advertising Review, KSMAdRev, marketing, Super Bowl Image
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V28
GMAT 2: 660 Q48 V32
GMAT 3: 670 Q48 V34
GMAT 4: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 102 [0], given: 73

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2014, 21:06
nikhilgandhi wrote:

Many congrats :thumbup: ... Do share your profile.... please do put up your interview debrief once you're done...

My GMAT Debrief | My ISB 2015 Interview

Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GPA: 3.6
WE: Sales (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2014, 09:18
Had my On Campus interview on Friday. As many people have reported, the interview is very conversational and there were no surprises. My interviewer did a great job of asking for more detail based on my responses.

One pleasant surprise for On Campus interview is that they simply have a sign-up sheet when you walk in for a campus tour, lunch with students, class visit, etc... you don't have to plan in advance and can see how you feel to determine if you want to attend those events. I always try learn about the experience of current students, and it gives you an opportunity to meet your potential future classmates as well.

Good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
WE: Other (Retail)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2014, 11:26
nikhilgandhi wrote:

Hey..first of all Congratulations on the invite..and all the best for it.. just wanted to cross check if you applied for an off campus in India or US? your profile says location : US.

Has anyone else got off campus interview invite in India? I applied on the 5th, haven't heard from the school as yet. Don't they interview EVERYONE?
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 33 [1] , given: 15

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2014, 14:33
This post received
KUDOS
Hey all,

I had my interview this weekend and figured I would post my experience in case it could be helpful to someone else. It was very conversational. I interviewed off campus with an alum who graduated two years ago so she was close in age and able to provide a lot of interesting feedback about Kellogg and her experience. Questions included things like Walk me through your resume, Why MBA, Why now, Why Kellogg, What clubs will you be involved in, Tell me about your leadership style with an example, Tell me about a time you led a team through a challenge, Where else are you applying, Is Kellogg your top choice, etc. It lasted a little over an hour and that included my questions for her. She came with a list of questions already written out and took notes throughout the conversation. Overall, it was a very conversational tone and was a pleasant experience. Best of luck to you all!
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Consulting (Telecommunications)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 1181

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2014, 03:57
adimitl86 wrote:
nikhilgandhi wrote:

Hey..first of all Congratulations on the invite..and all the best for it.. just wanted to cross check if you applied for an off campus in India or US? your profile says location : US.

Has anyone else got off campus interview invite in India? I applied on the 5th, haven't heard from the school as yet. Don't they interview EVERYONE?

Same bucket here man..

Dream On...

Current Student
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.92

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 2

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2014, 10:09
Does anyone have familiarity with the MMM program acceptance? I applied to the MMM program and am interested about what happens if I am not accepted. Can I still be considered for the regular Kellogg MBA program?

Kelogg's MMM is one of a kind - if I can't get in, I would still put Kellogg's regular MBA on par with many other MBA programs to which I applied. All of which are just the regular programs. I would hate to miss a chance at a Kellogg MBA if the MMM program does not view me as a fit.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2014, 18:46
adimitl86 wrote:
nikhilgandhi wrote:

Hi Nikhil

Congratulations on ur interview call.

Could u pls confirm if u currently reside in India ?

I just got a mail from Kellogg saying "Thank you for requesting an alumni interview. We currently do not have an available interviewer in your area. Consequently, we are waiving your interview requirement so as not to delay the submission or processing of your application

@All - Has anyone else from India received this mail ?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.7
WE: Operations (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2014, 19:02
Ah- got a confirmation from Kellogg saying the interview is waived- have a bad feeling about this! Anyone from R1 who had their interviews waived and still made it through? Based out of India.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V28
GMAT 2: 660 Q48 V32
GMAT 3: 670 Q48 V34
GMAT 4: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 102 [0], given: 73

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2014, 19:11
MT88 wrote:
adimitl86 wrote:
nikhilgandhi wrote:

Hi Nikhil

Congratulations on ur interview call.

Could u pls confirm if u currently reside in India ?

I just got a mail from Kellogg saying "Thank you for requesting an alumni interview. We currently do not have an available interviewer in your area. Consequently, we are waiving your interview requirement so as not to delay the submission or processing of your application

@All - Has anyone else from India received this mail ?

Got the mail early this morning
"Thank you for requesting an alumni interview. We currently do not have an available interviewer in your area. Consequently, we are waiving your interview requirement so as not to delay the submission or processing of your application."

Getting a real shitty feeling :( ... I am under the impression that Kellogg interviews everyone that it admits... Guess its a ding.... Anyone with any information that proves otherwise???

Though I wonder.... Why send this out at all... Why not just wait till the decision deadline and then send a ding... Maybe they're trying to break it in slowly....

My GMAT Debrief | My ISB 2015 Interview

Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.7
WE: Programming (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 16

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2014, 19:29
potdarpushkar wrote:
Ah- got a confirmation from Kellogg saying the interview is waived- have a bad feeling about this! Anyone from R1 who had their interviews waived and still made it through? Based out of India.

I have the same question!!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2014, 19:36
Does a Skype interview come after a waiver? That is, do they read our applications after they decide to waive it and then decide to move forward with a Skype interview?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 13

Reviews Badge
Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2014, 20:57
Just received my interview waiver email from Kellogg. I am based out of Bangalore, India. From what I have read, I don't think this is a negative thing, if we receive a Skype interview invite later on. But if we don't, that will be a bad situation.

Maybe people admitted from R1 can comment on this.

Please Kudos if you found my post useful

My Debrief: 760-q50-v44-3-months-of-prep-and-advice-162812.html#p1289527

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016   [#permalink] 04 Feb 2014, 20:57