Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 06:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V28
GMAT 2: 660 Q48 V32
GMAT 3: 670 Q48 V34
GMAT 4: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 101 [0], given: 73

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2014, 09:28
I am still waiting to hear from Kellogg since I got my "interview waived" email. Anybody from India (who is also presently located in India), who has received a skype interview invite post a waiver? Or is it a ding already and we just don't know it yet (6 weeks have passed since R2 deadline)?

My GMAT Debrief | My ISB 2015 Interview

Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q V0
GPA: 3.5
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 2

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2014, 11:52
herodotus0 wrote:
Wanted to ask you guys about two things:

1) I was recently recognized at work (after submitting my application) & won an award in my geographical region. Should I send an email to adcom with an update?

2) When would you say is the average date to quit my job before b-school?

Thanks in advance for your input!

1) Keep it in your pocket for now. If for whatever reason you're waitlisted and they ask for more info, that's when you pull it out.

2) Whenever you feel best, honestly. Just be sure to book your cheerleaders in advance.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Business Development (Non-Profit and Government)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 7

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2014, 06:11
gmatbugsme84 wrote:
I am still waiting to hear from Kellogg since I got my "interview waived" email. Anybody from India (who is also presently located in India), who has received a skype interview invite post a waiver? Or is it a ding already and we just don't know it yet (6 weeks have passed since R2 deadline)?

I got mine a week back. Yes I'm an Indian applicant.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 8

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2014, 11:21
Can anyone who has gone through a skype interview with ad com share how it went? especially how different it was interviewing with an ad com and over skype?

Thanks!
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 580 Q37 V32
GMAT 2: 570 Q36 V32
GMAT 3: 680 Q44 V40
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 15 [2] , given: 170

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2014, 07:17
This post received
KUDOS
saiyan wrote:
Can anyone who has gone through a skype interview with ad com share how it went? especially how different it was interviewing with an ad com and over skype?

Thanks!

Sure! The questions for the skype interview and the on-campus interview that I have read in the thread were quite same:

Walk me through your resume
    Tell me about what you do on a daily basis at work
    Tell me about your team structure (They wanted to know about my management abilities, since I don't have direct reports)
    What is your leadership style? Have you ever wanted to change it?
    What will your team say about you - positive things/negative things
    Long term and short term goal
    Why MBA? Why Kellogg?
    What kind of student activities in Kellogg would you like to get involved in?
    Hobbies outside of work (I had already spoken about my experience in pro bono consulting, so I was asked to list other non-work activies)
    Questions for me?
    Anything else about you that you would like me to remember?

Hope this helps!

-MBAJunkie

Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

The Kellogg Portrait Project [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2014, 10:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: The Kellogg Portrait Project
Kellogg Student Camiel Irving

The time we spend at Kellogg allows us to reflect on what we truly value in life, what we are trying to accomplish and the type of leader we aspire to be. After graduation, with every passing day, there will be more and more competing voices in our lives and challenges to work through. While these new life experiences will teach us a lot, it would be great to have a way to look back and remember how we felt at graduation, when our goals and aspirations were most clear in our minds.

Kellogg Student Angelique Obiri

The idea for the Kellogg Portrait Book came out of a dinner with a friend, and passionate photographer, Hemant Goyal. He had an idea to take pictures of each member of the Class of 2014 holding a personal message and to put the pictures online for the students to see. After more discussion over good food and wine, the idea started to transform into something we believed could be larger, more impactful and create a new tradition at Kellogg. The Kellogg Portrait Book will be a coffee table book with a portrait of each student along with a message they would like to remind themselves of 10 years from now.  This book will stay with us no matter where our lives take us and will be a great way to not only remember ourselves at this pivotal point in our lives, but also the classmates we shared this transformative experience with.

Kellogg Student Patrick Bowe

With the involvement of the student body and the help of the Kellogg Photography club, we are well on our way to kick starting this new tradition with the 1st edition of the Kellogg Portrait Book- Class of 2014.

Mala Sharma ’14 (@malakaruna) is a second-year student in the 2Y Full-time MBA program from Connecticut. Prior to Kellogg, she worked at JP Morgan in Product Management and Strategy, spending two years in NYC and four years between Hong Kong and Singapore.  Over the summer, she worked at E&J Gallo Winery in Brand Management within the Spirits division, where she will be returning after graduation.

Filed under: Student Life Tagged: Class of 2014, Kellogg Portrait Project, Kellogg Student Experience, Photography, reflections Image
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Intern
Intern
Schools: HBS '17, Wharton '17

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 16

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2014, 12:32
Hi Guys...

Any clue when Kellogg is going to start releasing admits? Do they do it over a period of time or just on the one date specified in the website?
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 720 Q V0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2014, 23:30
Hi,
I think they may release decisions over time because their website says "decisions may be released on or before the decision deadline for that particular application round" (see link: http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/pro ... sions.aspx)
Hope this helps!

REM2016 wrote:
Hi Guys...

Any clue when Kellogg is going to start releasing admits? Do they do it over a period of time or just on the one date specified in the website?
BSchool Forum Moderator
Schools: Tuck '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 162 [0], given: 101

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2014, 03:24
appl14 wrote:
Hi,
I think they may release decisions over time because their website says "decisions may be released on or before the decision deadline for that particular application round" (see link: http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/pro ... sions.aspx)
Hope this helps!

Decisions are not rolling. If you look at R1, calls were made over the course of the day of decision deadline.

*Updated 25th July*: Embracing the downtime
Blog: http://domotron.wordpress.com

Elements of an MBA application series
GMAT (28/02) | Profile (11/03) | Networking / Research (01/04) | Recommendations (30/05) | Essays / Online applications | Interview

My 710 (Q50, V36) Debrief + 740 (Q48, V44) Update:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/710-q50-v36-phew-i-m-done-with-the-gmat-probably-150067.html

Please share your profiles for this application season below:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/2014-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-162160.html

BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: General Management
Followers: 28

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 13

Premium Member
Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2014, 07:39
domotron wrote:
appl14 wrote:
Hi,
Hope this helps!

Decisions are not rolling. If you look at R1, calls were made over the course of the day of decision deadline.

Yup, sorry guys. In round 1, we were all hoping that would be the case, but all of the calls were made on the official deadline. At least this way, you don't have to anxiously check your phone for multiple days.

Advice, Musings, and Experiences from a member of the HBS Class of 2016
http://DefyingGravityMBA.blogspot.com/

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 5

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2014, 23:34
Hi need some advise I got my interview waived and haven't received any further communication to date. Should I call it a ding and move on or is there some hope.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2014, 10:11
DefyingGravity wrote:
domotron wrote:
appl14 wrote:
Hi,
Hope this helps!

Yup, sorry guys. In round 1, we were all hoping that would be the case, but all of the calls were made on the official deadline. At least this way, you don't have to anxiously check your phone for multiple days.

FYI

http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/pro ... sions.aspx

They say check often in case email notifications do not arrive
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.7
WE: Operations (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 2

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2014, 19:28
This post received
KUDOS
abhidas wrote:
Hi need some advise I got my interview waived and haven't received any further communication to date. Should I call it a ding and move on or is there some hope.

Don't lose hope..this is from the Kellogg FAQs:

If my interview was waived, by when will the admissions office contact me to schedule a phone or Skype interview?
If the admissions committee feels an interview would be material to making a final decision, invitations for a phone or Skype interview may be extended throughout the entire application round, up to the notification deadline.

Having said that...I think you should hear back within next 5-7 days or so for any realistic chance...I am riding the same boat of Hope!!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
WE: Corporate Finance (Real Estate)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 5

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2014, 14:43
appl14 wrote:
Hi,
Hope this helps!

REM2016 wrote:
Hi Guys...

I emailed the school quoting this same sentence with respect to decisions being released on or before the deadline, and they responded saying that their website is inaccurate and that decisions will be rendered on the exact date, not earlier. I don't know why they still haven't made the correction.
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GRE 1: 326 Q161 V165
GPA: 3.1
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)

Kudos [?]: 29 [2] , given: 12

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2014, 16:49
This post received
KUDOS
Just a note to those with interview waivers, I got waived a month ago and just got Skype invite today. Keep your head up.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 720 Q V0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2014, 19:55
Thanks for getting that clarified!

kblade wrote:
appl14 wrote:
Hi,
Hope this helps!

REM2016 wrote:
Hi Guys...

I emailed the school quoting this same sentence with respect to decisions being released on or before the deadline, and they responded saying that their website is inaccurate and that decisions will be rendered on the exact date, not earlier. I don't know why they still haven't made the correction.
Manager
Manager
GRE 1: 333 Q163 V170
GPA: 3.47
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 54 [0], given: 53

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2014, 10:17
Oof, this waiting is driving me nuts. It's nice that Kellogg does open interviews for everyone, but I don't have a sense of my chances there, considering they didn't "invite" me to interview. How are the rest of you holding up?
Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 221 [0], given: 54

Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2014, 10:23
Expert's post
j0yd1v1s10n wrote:
Oof, this waiting is driving me nuts. It's nice that Kellogg does open interviews for everyone, but I don't have a sense of my chances there, considering they didn't "invite" me to interview. How are the rest of you holding up?

Agreed, and I think my Kellogg interview went the best, so it's tough to not know where I stand. Getting a Booth interview made me feel better though, since they have similar admission criteria. Kellogg is my top choice, but I feel like my essays were weakest there (prompts really didn't push towards my strengths, I think Duke and Booth application looked much better all around for me).

Good luck everyone!
Current Student
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.8
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2014, 10:33
guys ... just completed my Skype interview ... after being waived earlier.
overall it was a slightly weird experience. the adcom member was very courteous, but in a terrible rush. as is usual, it was a blind interview, and revolved around my resume. the usual questions were asked, but i couldn't make out anything as to what she thought of my responses.

quite a few times, she was cutting me off, saying she had a list of questions that she has to finish asking ... so i was forced to bullet point my answers towards the end.

she ended by letting me ask two questions ... everything included it finished in 34 minutes.

at the time i thought it was fairly ok, but now, reflecting back, i think it was not at all good ... bye bye kellogg it is, i think.
Current Student
GRE 1: 326 Q161 V165
GPA: 3.1
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 12

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2014, 20:51
pritishbhaskar wrote:
guys ... just completed my Skype interview ... after being waived earlier.
overall it was a slightly weird experience. the adcom member was very courteous, but in a terrible rush. as is usual, it was a blind interview, and revolved around my resume. the usual questions were asked, but i couldn't make out anything as to what she thought of my responses.

quite a few times, she was cutting me off, saying she had a list of questions that she has to finish asking ... so i was forced to bullet point my answers towards the end.

she ended by letting me ask two questions ... everything included it finished in 34 minutes.

at the time i thought it was fairly ok, but now, reflecting back, i think it was not at all good ... bye bye kellogg it is, i think.

it's been said a thousand times but I think it's worth mentioning again: the interview is a PART of the application, not a pass/fail. A bad interview (if yours even was) is not a ding like a good interview is not an admit.
Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016   [#permalink] 04 Mar 2014, 20:51