Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 05:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 15 May 2014, 06:59
Has anybody of you guys already interviewed or received an invite?
Can we assume that no interview = ding?
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

The MBA and Life Checklist: Choosing your MBA Program (Part  [#permalink] New post 15 May 2014, 07:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: The MBA and Life Checklist: Choosing your MBA Program (Part 4)
Christopher Alexander with his KWEST group before leaving for the Canary Islands.

This is part four in a six part series. See part onepart twopart three.

As I was making my decision to attend Kellogg, I asked myself six questions to determine whether it was the right place for me. Here is the fourth:

Are we global and diverse in our experiences and our people?

It wasn’t only important to find schools where I can hear global perspectives from my classmates, it was also important for me to develop my own perspective. This was found in the cases and experiences professors brought to class, and the experiences Kellogg makes available to its students. Through Kellogg I’ve been to a host of places and had life changing experiences on trips like KWEST Mystery or Global Initiatives in Management (GIM) South America.

Christopher Alexander on exchange with the group from Morehouse that came to visit in Barcelona at ESADE.

It was when I was away for winter quarter on exchange at ESADE where I truly realized the opportunity afforded to me. My alma mater, Morehouse College had their Annual Global Spring Tour in Barcelona, 20 juniors and seniors were present. The professors attending reached out and contacted me, and we worked together to host them at ESADE with the other students from Kellogg. At this moment, I realized the privilege and opportunity provided to me, and that it was my Kellogg experience that the students were interested in understanding. This type of opportunity is necessary if you want to become a global leader or simply to understand the global perspective and landscape.

Christopher Alexander is a 2008 graduate of Morehouse College and is in his second year of the 2 year MBA program at Kellogg, his focuses on the Marketing and MORS curriculum. After graduation Chris will be heading back to Deloitte Consulting’s Strategy and Operations group, but will be based in Seattle along with his fiancé, and also Kellogg 2014 graduate Jessica Lane. Chris is very active on Kellogg’s campus, primarily as outgoing Co-President of the Black Management Association, Admissions Interviewer, and member of the class gift committee. Chris originally hails from Roxbury, New Jersey.

Filed under: Academics, Admissions, Student Life Tagged: diversity, exchange program, GIM, global, kwest, MBA Program Image
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 32

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 15 May 2014, 07:00
Schingi wrote:

I believe No interview = WL at best.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 15 May 2014, 07:05
Schingi wrote:

Well, if you're an international applicant, you would likely receive a waiver. No waiver, I would assume, means a ding, but who knows.

U.S. applicants would probably be a ding, since you had the chance to set up an interview and didn't? Again, that's what I'd assume.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 15 May 2014, 07:09
Ah great! I'm international and received a waiver but I believed they wouldn't admit you without a Skype/phone interview?
Things are getting exciting now~
In appr. 7 hours we'll know...
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 15 May 2014, 07:12
I did an on campus interview.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 15 May 2014, 07:17
NYCFinanceGuy wrote:
Schingi wrote:

I was interviewed on 14/04 and received a phone call last week, but I'm in Colombia and the communication was really bad, I couldn't speak for more than 2 minutes w/o the call cut off. The admissions office called me several times but it was impossible to talk. He asked me about my resume and my goals.
Intern
Intern

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 15 May 2014, 07:22
sydbarrett wrote:
NYCFinanceGuy wrote:
Schingi wrote:

I was interviewed on 14/04 and received a phone call last week, but I'm in Colombia and the communication was really bad, I couldn't speak for more than 2 minutes w/o the call cut off. The admissions office called me several times but it was impossible to talk. He asked me about my resume and my goals.

You interviewed and then they called you back? Perhaps they wanted to clarify something about your application, it sounds like.
Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 221 [0], given: 54

Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 15 May 2014, 07:26
Expert's post
good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 15 May 2014, 07:33
I was interviewed on 14/04 and received a phone call last week, but I'm in Colombia and the communication was really bad, I couldn't speak for more than 2 minutes w/o the call cut off. The admissions office called me several times but it was impossible to talk. He asked me about my resume and my goals.[/quote]

You interviewed and then they called you back? Perhaps they wanted to clarify something about your application, it sounds like.[/quote]

Yes, i guess that too. But because of the bad communication we couldn't speak much. I asked the guy from Admission if he wanted me to call him back but he said it wasn't necessary.

Good luck to everyone!
Intern
Intern

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 15 May 2014, 07:43
sydbarrett wrote:

amj643 wrote:
You interviewed and then they called you back? Perhaps they wanted to clarify something about your application, it sounds like.

sydbarrett wrote:
Yes, i guess that too. But because of the bad communication we couldn't speak much. I asked the guy from Admission if he wanted me to call him back but he said it wasn't necessary.

Good luck to everyone!

Yeah, no use worrying about it now. Either way, I hope you get good news sometime today!
Intern
Intern

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 15 May 2014, 08:47
Hey guys. I'm international applicant and received a waiver but few days later they call me to interview by skype. Reading last post I realize that is a good sign.
By what time do you think we will have an answer?
Are they calling every admited?

Good luck Everyone!
Intern
Intern

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 15 May 2014, 09:09
Hey Pablo,
As far as i'm aware they call admitted students. As the day goes on i think it's less likely to be good news for international applicants!
Although no updates here as regards phonecalls yet...

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 15 May 2014, 09:19
Quote:
Hey Pablo,
As far as i'm aware they call admitted students. As the day goes on i think it's less likely to be good news for international applicants!
Although no updates here as regards phonecalls yet...

verymoreish,
why do you think this way? Any experience? Do you have any notice they all ready start caling? Any information is well received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 15 May 2014, 10:47
Just received the ding email... I would imagine those would all go out at once, so if you haven't received one hopefully that's a positive sign.

Bummed, but it's been a great experience from start to finish, thanks to all on this forum for your help and guidance.

Off to Notre Dame! :-D
Intern
Intern

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 15 May 2014, 14:07
Waitlisted for R3.
Anyone think there's any possibility of getting an acceptance off the waitlist?
Intern
Intern

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 15 May 2014, 14:11
verymoreish wrote:
Waitlisted for R3.
Anyone think there's any possibility of getting an acceptance off the waitlist?

Yep, me too. Waitlist city!

The only chances of getting off are up to the Probability Gods with regards to how many spots will be available after the R3 deposit deadline. So, there will be more waiting until then, and after that, there may or may not be any spots left to fill at all. There usually are a few though.
Intern
Intern

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 15 May 2014, 14:17
Worst case I suppose it's a sign that they are interested in us and might be a good sign for next year R1?
When is that deposit deadline amj? I know I could google that but I'm so lazy! - Maybe that's why I'm just on waitlist ;)

Fingers crossed there will be a few spots and only a few waiting. Do they have a long waitlist?
Intern
Intern

Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 15 May 2014, 15:45
verymoreish wrote:
Worst case I suppose it's a sign that they are interested in us and might be a good sign for next year R1?
When is that deposit deadline amj? I know I could google that but I'm so lazy! - Maybe that's why I'm just on waitlist ;)

Fingers crossed there will be a few spots and only a few waiting. Do they have a long waitlist?

Who knows how long the list is. I figure they'll know about more spots after the R3 deposit deadline, which is June 5th. If they don't have any spots available, they'll put everyone out of our misery. If they do have a few spots left, I think we could hear anytime before June 25th.

I've heard of folks getting in over the summer, so the adcom likely wouldn't waitlist people in R3 if they thought there would be no spots left for a few folks to sneak in through the back door. :wink:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

The MBA and Life Checklist: Choosing your MBA Program (Part  [#permalink] New post 16 May 2014, 07:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: The MBA and Life Checklist: Choosing your MBA Program (Part 5)
Kellogg Professors Derek Rucker and Tim Calkins speak to students about how to score ads during the 2014 Kellogg Super Bowl Ad Review.

This post is part five in a series. See part one, part twopart threepart four.

As I was making my decision to attend Kellogg, I asked myself six questions to determine whether it was the right place for me. Here is the fifth:

Is the classroom both timely and timeless?

The educational arena has to provide a platform to understand the past, predict the future, and conceive of how they both relate to current events. For example, the wisdom of marketing guru Philip Kotler has to be combined with the impact of digital and social media for both to have meaning. For instance, our Black Management Association (BMA), with the help of corporate partnerships, developed programming to talk about the effects of multiculturalism and the Hip Hop Culture in marketing. Ignore Facebook’s acquisition of WhatsApp and you miss a real-time case about marketing and acquisition that’s happening right around you. Structure is necessary; however, I prefer flexible rigidity, for as Mark Twain wrote, “you can never let schooling interfere with education.”

Christopher Alexander introducing Steve Stoute, CEO & Founder of Translation, Author of Tanning of America and 2013 AdAge Executive of the Year, at the BMA Conference

Christopher Alexander ’14 is a  2008 graduate of Morehouse College and is in his second year of the 2-year MBA program at Kellogg, his focuses on the Marketing and MORS curriculum. After graduation Chris will be heading back to Deloitte Consulting’s Strategy and Operations group, but will be based in Seattle along with his fiancé, and also Kellogg 2014 graduate Jessica Lane. Chris is very active on Kellogg’s campus, primarily as outgoing Co-President of the Black Management Association, Admissions Interviewer, and member of the class gift committee. Chris originally hails from Roxbury, New Jersey.

Filed under: Academics, Admissions, Student Life Tagged: black management association, experiential learning, MBA Program, Super Bowl Image
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

The MBA and Life Checklist: Choosing your MBA Program (Part   [#permalink] 16 May 2014, 07:00