Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 19:44 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 19:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 660 Q42 V38
GMAT 2: 670 Q43 V39
GPA: 3.7
WE:Analyst (Insurance)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
Concentration: Nonprofit, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Kellogg Class of 2016 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink]
tubingbanana wrote:
Anyone contacted their W/L manager yet? Are we supposed to drop a short note requesting for a phone conversation?

I emailed mine a week ago asking for feedback but haven't heard back yet.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 660 Q42 V38
GMAT 2: 670 Q43 V39
GPA: 3.7
WE:Analyst (Insurance)
Send PM
mbamyway wrote:
tubingbanana wrote:
Anyone contacted their W/L manager yet? Are we supposed to drop a short note requesting for a phone conversation?

I emailed mine a week ago asking for feedback but haven't heard back yet.

I wrote mine today and got an answer hours later. Reading the FAQ it sounded like "feedback" was not really an option so I just re-states my desire to go to kellogg and that I would "certainly enroll if admitted." Less than 4 lines

The WL manager's response was nice and she said she would add the note to my file for continued review.

Bunch of standard language, but a note cant hurt.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
For those who are planning on speaking on the phone with their waitlist managers, are you planning on verbally going over your "updates to application" then? Or just going over the overall waitlist process and then sending updates through mail at a later time (a couple weeks before round 2 notification deadline?)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
MBAallDAY wrote:
For those who are planning on speaking on the phone with their waitlist managers, are you planning on verbally going over your "updates to application" then? Or just going over the overall waitlist process and then sending updates through mail at a later time (a couple weeks before round 2 notification deadline?)

For those who are planning to speak on the phone, what do you plan on speaking about? I have a few updates but nothing that can hold up a 10-15 minute conversation. And the waitlist process seems to be pretty straight-forward, what type of questions would you pose?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V35
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
j0ey wrote:
MBAallDAY wrote:

For those who are planning to speak on the phone, what do you plan on speaking about? I have a few updates but nothing that can hold up a 10-15 minute conversation. And the waitlist process seems to be pretty straight-forward, what type of questions would you pose?

I spoke with mine and they said it was pretty much as waiting game. They may require additional information from some applicants if they have questions about an aspect of the application, however I was not in that group.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
I had a call with my WL manager too. Very strange experience because I was initially prompted to think about areas of opportunity, then told that I had none. Waiting is cruel.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
I wanted to send a letter of support from an alumni, but I guess that's explicitly addressed on the FAQ's
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
For those who interviewed on-campus, did you attend the info session? Was it worth it? How many were in attendance?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V35
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
1of2 wrote:
For those who interviewed on-campus, did you attend the info session? Was it worth it? How many were in attendance?

I attended a building tour and info session; the tour was ~5-6 people and held by a current student. The info session was about the same number of people and involved a current student and an admissions person. The session was essentially a casual Q&A with the both of them.

I made it in September so it was a great time to ask application questions, especially about the video portion.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
1of2 wrote:

I visited campus, though not during the interview. I don't know how far you have to travel, but it's always good to visit. Keep in mind that they explicitly state that it will not help us waitlisters.

Info Session: This was not that useful from my perspective. If you have already applied, you know what you need to know already. Talking to alumni is probably just as useful. Any specific questions can be asked by email. There were ~20 people.

Tour: This was pretty good. I am a bit of a sucker for the programs with nice new buildings. While Kellogg has a new building set to open in 2016, we would miss it. The facilities are pretty worn out, but I was surprised how much I liked it. It is functional (i.e. has everything you would want/need). But, maybe more importantly there was a clear center of the building where people gather. It gave me a better understanding of why people think Kellogg scores higher on community. It was a comfortable place for me.

Lunch with students: Good chance to ask current students questions. Again, this can be done remotely.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBAallDAY wrote:
I wanted to send a letter of support from an alumni, but I guess that's explicitly addressed on the FAQ's

Yeah, that's a tough one. I've had a few alums make this offer and I basically had to turn them down. If you think of a way to get around the rule appropriately, let us know.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jbsimon wrote:
1of2 wrote:

I visited campus, though not during the interview. I don't know how far you have to travel, but it's always good to visit. Keep in mind that they explicitly state that it will not help us waitlisters.

Info Session: This was not that useful from my perspective. If you have already applied, you know what you need to know already. Talking to alumni is probably just as useful. Any specific questions can be asked by email. There were ~20 people.

Tour: This was pretty good. I am a bit of a sucker for the programs with nice new buildings. While Kellogg has a new building set to open in 2016, we would miss it. The facilities are pretty worn out, but I was surprised how much I liked it. It is functional (i.e. has everything you would want/need). But, maybe more importantly there was a clear center of the building where people gather. It gave me a better understanding of why people think Kellogg scores higher on community. It was a comfortable place for me.

Lunch with students: Good chance to ask current students questions. Again, this can be done remotely.

As I already applied and will be on-campus for the open interview, do adcoms notice if someone misses an info session? I am only planning to do the tour, visit a class, interview, and go back to the airport to fly out. I plan to chat up random students as well during my visit.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
1of2 wrote:
jbsimon wrote:
1of2 wrote:

As I already applied and will be on-campus for the open interview, do adcoms notice if someone misses an info session? I am only planning to do the tour, visit a class, interview, and go back to the airport to fly out. I plan to chat up random students as well during my visit.

Highly doubt they will notice. They weren't taking attendance. Once you check-in, you are there. It is common for people to catch flights or have other activities planned.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
My waitlist manager got back to me by email saying the adcom doesn't need any further information at this point. Has anyone been asked to provide specific information so far?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
When I spoke with my WL manager, there was a specific part of my application they wanted more info on, and she also told me they could receive any updates I had. This all had to be done in writing (via email) to make it official.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: International Business, Strategy
Send PM
tds2006 wrote:
When I spoke with my WL manager, there was a specific part of my application they wanted more info on, and she also told me they could receive any updates I had. This all had to be done in writing (via email) to make it official.

what did they ask you to provide if you dont mind me asking?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
My waitlist manager was out of the office for a long time, but I have a call scheduled with him soon. If I get any interesting feedback, I'll come back to share.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  14   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts