Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Sep 2014, 02:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 98

Kudos [?]: 400 [1] , given: 73

Premium Member
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2012, 15:44
This post received
KUDOS
machichi wrote:
In! Now it's decision time...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :clap: :bouncer :punk :woohoo :banana :wave :musband

So happy for you! Bring your butt to Chicago so we can hang out.

The Brain Dump - From Low GPA to Top MBA (Updated September 1, 2013) - A Few of My Favorite Things--> http://cheetarah1980.blogspot.com

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 26 [1] , given: 5

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2012, 15:45
This post received
KUDOS
[/quote] Nice! are you a time traveler or applying to round 2?[/quote]

Hilarity. R2 here.[/quote]
Ha! thelegend, that gave me a good laugh, too. I just got my R2 invite as well.[/quote]

Hehehe just trying to lighten up the mood after a very stressful week of waiting... Just look at me now, I have already been accepted yet still check this forum every day!

Guys, if you have any questions that you might need help with let me know... open to helping
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 131 [1] , given: 78

Premium Member
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2012, 15:42
This post received
KUDOS
gmatgirl6 wrote:
O.K, so I've a friend who's also applying for Kellogg R2.
We both live close by and we applied the part I of the application on the same day.
Today, he got an interview invite and I got nothing.. :/
Does it mean there's no point of working on Part II? What do you guys think?
Time is a limited resource and I wouldn't want to spend it working on an Kellogg's application if there's no point.

Absolutely not! They try to pair people up based on location as best they can and they do it without having read your application. Even if you receive a waiver, you should complete part II. They may just not have enough alumni in your area to provide an immediate interview. And then even with a waiver, once they read your application they can choose to invite you. An interview invite pretty much means nothing until after Part II is submitted.

Where are you located? If it's anywhere but India you basically just have to wait til they find someone for you to interview with.

Blogging about the MBA application process. Because I need to do something with all this bschool energy.
http://www.mybreakaway.com/ Recent post: September 20, "Transitions"

Yale School of Management MBA Candidate, 2015.

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 36 [1] , given: 23

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2012, 12:35
This post received
KUDOS
sugarmag wrote:
Quick app question if somebody wouldn't mind helping me out. In the employment history section it seems unclear whether you should list multiple positions within the same company. (HBS for example said specifically only list company once). There is only a text box for "current position." Have people generally listed all their positions within a single company in this "current position" box, or have people been dropping that down into "employer #2" even though it is not a distinct employer? Thanks for the help!

I just went back and looked at my application. I listed the different positions I held in the same company under separate headings. Under "Reason for leaving", I said "Promotion" or "Transfer".

Hope this helps.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Premium Member
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Jan 2013, 13:47
This post received
KUDOS
Kellogg is very flexible in its curriculum and encourages students to take electives that interest them. I doubt you'll have problems taking most of the design courses. Some specialized MMM courses may be off limits though.

I bet if you call and talk to the adcom, you can switch to MMM. They understand that most people haven't heard of it until they start digging deeper into Kellogg's program.

Blogging about the MBA application process. Because I need to do something with all this bschool energy.

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Premium Member
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2013, 12:10
This post received
KUDOS
I never got confirmation that my application was complete. And well, it turned out pretty good. Don't fret.

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
GMAT 1: Q V

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 0

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2013, 10:13
This post received
KUDOS
pgreco86 wrote:
Any details on the turn around time from Interview to the decision being rendered? I am interviewing Tuesday 1/15/13 in NYC and am curious to know how quickly the process moves after this portion. Additionally, any pointers from those who have interviewed before about how to best prepare or anything you thought went over exceptionally well with the interviewer?

You won't hear anything until the decision release date - everyone hears news on the same day. I interviewed very early on during round 1 and had to wait almost 2 months before I heard from Kellogg again.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE: Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 192 [1] , given: 628

Premium Member
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2013, 11:19
This post received
KUDOS
Glad to see everyone could get along! Admittedly, everyone's a little burnt out and their fuses are a little short after applying to b school :lol: . Let's just all enjoy the next "short" two months as one big, happy R2 family! :woohoo
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Marketing

Kudos [?]: 29 [1] , given: 13

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2013, 08:39
This post received
KUDOS
beingkp wrote:
For the interview next week (my first), can somebody please advise what should I carry?

I can only think of carrying a copy (or maybe few extra copies) of my CV. Anything else?

I had an off campus alumni interview and only took a copy of my resume (in a nice bag), which he'd brought with him anyway.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 36 [1] , given: 23

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2013, 08:56
This post received
KUDOS
cole2012 wrote:
beingkp wrote:
For the interview next week (my first), can somebody please advise what should I carry?

I can only think of carrying a copy (or maybe few extra copies) of my CV. Anything else?

I had an off campus alumni interview and only took a copy of my resume (in a nice bag), which he'd brought with him anyway.

Same here. The only other thing I can think of is to take some form of identification. I wasn't asked for any, but you can never be sure. A driver's license should do.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GRE 1: 316 Q161 V155
GPA: 3.64
WE: Sales (Internet and New Media)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 2

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2013, 09:01
This post received
KUDOS
beingkp wrote:

I would also bring something to takedown notes from the interview. My interviewer had a lot of great answers to my questions so was good to keep a record on hand.

I also brought my own list of questions and topics to discuss...along with my resume too just in case they don't print one off.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
WE: Corporate Finance (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 8 [1] , given: 5

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 11:57
This post received
KUDOS
Just received an off-campus interview invite for February 9th :). Indian applicant. Interview location - Gurgaon (Near New Delhi).
1 KUDOS received
Retired Moderator
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 149 [1] , given: 27

Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 20:13
This post received
KUDOS
Another friend of mine from Delhi got his invite for the 9th.

http://unclearadmit.tumblr.com
Latest Blog Entry:
09-05-13 Its been too long ... Updates & the Tuck Loan

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V34
GMAT 2: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 2.79
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 34 [1] , given: 14

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2013, 10:10
This post received
KUDOS
When I couldn't find the date anywhere on the Kellogg site, I called admissions and asked.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 650 Q42 V38
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.67

Kudos [?]: 29 [1] , given: 5

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2013, 12:20
This post received
KUDOS
I doubt that they are advised one way or the other. I think that it's their way of really just saying that the interview is just one part of the application. Because they interview everyone, someone could have a great interview but if their essays are crappy they won't get in, or vice versa. It's a different (and probably more ambiguous) perspective than most schools where you have to be invited to an interview, because in those cases you wouldn't have even made it that far if your essays or test scores or work experience, etc, sucked.

Kellogg makes it clear that one of the main reasons they interview everyone is because "fit" is so important due to the heavily collaborative nature of the program. But of course it's not the only factor, which is why you could nail the interview and still not get in.

ldryan wrote:
My kellogg interviewer said the exact same thing. He said that there were people he was concerned about that were admitted and people he had given glowing reviews who did not even make the wait list. My interviewer graduated a couple years ago. I wonder if they are advised to say something like this?

Posted from my mobile device Image

Posted from my mobile device Image
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 4

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 11:48
This post received
KUDOS
bsch2013 wrote:
Admitted off the WL today :)

Congrats bsch2013. Actually took myself off the waitlist today :) so hopefully it clears the way for someone else!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 1

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2013, 23:52
This post received
KUDOS
I know someone from Taiwan got phone interview after being waived. As the school says 'If your interview has been completed, the application has been submitted for review to the admissions committee. If your interview has not been conducted, the application will be submitted to the admissions committee upon completion of the interview. ', I believe one can hardly be admitted without an interview unless the candidate's background is super strong.

asiddiqi86 wrote:
Has anyone anywhere got an interview call after an interview waiver?
I dont believe you can get an acceptance without an interview can you? So its probably a ding then if you dont get an interview call in the next week or so?
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 34 [1] , given: 26

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2013, 06:55
This post received
KUDOS
shl020 wrote:
I know someone from Taiwan got phone interview after being waived. As the school says 'If your interview has been completed, the application has been submitted for review to the admissions committee. If your interview has not been conducted, the application will be submitted to the admissions committee upon completion of the interview. ', I believe one can hardly be admitted without an interview unless the candidate's background is super strong.

asiddiqi86 wrote:
Has anyone anywhere got an interview call after an interview waiver?
I dont believe you can get an acceptance without an interview can you? So its probably a ding then if you dont get an interview call in the next week or so?

If the candidate's background is super strong, he does not get a waiver in the first place. Whatever everybody can say, in over represented areas, interview call from Kellogg is in a way similar to calls from other schools, indicating a strong first impression.
Having said that, interviews post waivers get converted all the time, and interviews w/o waivers get dinged too. But, nobody gets IN w/o the i/v.

The chase begins ...

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.55
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2013, 22:26
This post received
KUDOS
JAGGnNoida wrote:
Has anyone in India received a phone interview invite post the waiver ?

I did. This friday.
You had yours already?
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 25 [1] , given: 14

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2013, 06:27
This post received
KUDOS
kidchaos wrote:
pgreco86 wrote:
I am hearing different ways the Admissions will notify candidates of acceptance. Does anyone know if acceptances are all offered via phone or will we receive an e-mail with our decision? Also, what is the time line for Round 2 decisions. I believe we will be notified anytime from now until March 21st. Any idea if this week we should start hearing?

Going by Round 1 I'd say you won't hear anything till March 21. They do try to call everyone but I think Internattionals might get e-mails depending on Time zones.

Candidates who are waitlisted or dinged will be notified by email early morning on the decision date. If you wake up in the morning and see no update from Kellogg, then you're In! You will get a congratulatory call later in the day and an official email by end of the day.
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 05 Mar 2013, 06:27