Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Sep 2014, 01:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Apr 2013
Posts: 58
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 8

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 May 2013, 01:06
rainfall wrote:
WomeMBA wrote:
Does Kellogg have a rolling admissions process for the FT MBA or will they only let you know on the decision deadline?


Based on the past posts, they only let you know by the deadline, with the exception of a few cases, of people who got a call the day before the decision.


Thanks! So waiting for May 15 it is then...I hate this so much... :)
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 30 Dec 2012
Posts: 41
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GPA: 3.1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 1

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 May 2013, 13:20
I just got off Tuck's waitlist and have to make a decision by May 14th. Any chance that Kellogg will accelerate their decision process at all? If not, I'm going to Tuck - can't take the chance of not getting in.
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 758
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 May 2013, 13:39
Do you get a notification when your interviewer submits the feedback?
_________________

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Apr 2013
Posts: 58
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 8

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 May 2013, 05:43
riverfish wrote:
I just got off Tuck's waitlist and have to make a decision by May 14th. Any chance that Kellogg will accelerate their decision process at all? If not, I'm going to Tuck - can't take the chance of not getting in.


I'd rather ask Tuck to give you another day than asking Kellogg for a decision. I did so at NUS and they gave me another week so maybe just ask them for a day or two to take your decision
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 26 Nov 2012
Posts: 88
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.55
WE: Information Technology (Insurance)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 54 [0], given: 14

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 May 2013, 05:51
I withdrew my R3 app when I was called for my interview on Friday.

Tuck bound! C'mon River.... join me! :)
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 30 Jan 2010
Posts: 236
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
WE: Project Management (Real Estate)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 66

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 May 2013, 09:19
kschmidt1801 wrote:
I withdrew my R3 app



Thank you.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Dec 2012
Posts: 16
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 May 2013, 08:39
Any news on R3 decisions? Anyone...
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 30 Dec 2012
Posts: 41
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GPA: 3.1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 1

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 May 2013, 08:56
WomeMBA wrote:
riverfish wrote:
I just got off Tuck's waitlist and have to make a decision by May 14th. Any chance that Kellogg will accelerate their decision process at all? If not, I'm going to Tuck - can't take the chance of not getting in.


I'd rather ask Tuck to give you another day than asking Kellogg for a decision. I did so at NUS and they gave me another week so maybe just ask them for a day or two to take your decision



I called Kellogg on this and they told me to shoot an email with Tuck's admission letter to them explaining the circumstances. No word back, but that was only sent out yesterday. So we'll see how it goes.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 30 Dec 2012
Posts: 41
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GPA: 3.1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 1

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 May 2013, 08:58
kschmidt1801 wrote:
I withdrew my R3 app when I was called for my interview on Friday.

Tuck bound! C'mon River.... join me! :)


it's incredibly tempting. Everything between the two is so close that the biggest differentiator right now is employment for the gf. She's a teacher and it's much harder to get a job in a small town like Hanover than in Chicago and the surrounding suburbs.

Well that and the fact that I'm in at Tuck and not Kellogg

Last edited by riverfish on 07 May 2013, 09:18, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Apr 2013
Posts: 58
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 8

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 May 2013, 09:02
Allys wrote:
Any news on R3 decisions? Anyone...


it's most probably all going to happen next week!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Oct 2012
Posts: 11
Location: United Kingdom
GPA: 3.5
WE: Marketing (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 May 2013, 05:27
Sorry if this is quite a generic question, but I am in a pretty confusing position with an offer for the Kellogg 1Y program (received 2 days back) and the Cambridge MBA. As an Indian with UK residency and having paid £6,000 at Cambridge as a deposit, wife working and unable to relocate to US etc., dropping Cambridge has a pretty huge exit load.

However, Kellogg is a better fit for my career goal of getting into brand management (my previous experience is in brand consulting on consumer goods and Automotive market research). My question is:

1. How powerful is a Kellogg brand in the UK compared to Cambridge MBA? Is it worth pursuing Kellogg if my end location is to work in the UK?

2. If I choose to stay back in the US - how easy/difficult is H1 sponsorship for foreign nationals? {I hear the last 30% of people to be placed on campus has a huge proportion of international/Asian students looking for sponsorship}

3. Is the 1Y in Kellogg on par with 2Y with respect to Career prospects? I reckon the huge proportion of consulting/marketing jobs goes to 2Ys who had summer internship. Will I be at a dis-advantage because of this?

4. How effective are Career treks? Can I leverage this to move back to the UK?

Thanks a lot for your perspectives!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Apr 2013
Posts: 58
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 8

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 May 2013, 04:27
Quote:
Sorry if this is quite a generic question, but I am in a pretty confusing position with an offer for the Kellogg 1Y program (received 2 days back) and the Cambridge MBA. As an Indian with UK residency and having paid £6,000 at Cambridge as a deposit, wife working and unable to relocate to US etc., dropping Cambridge has a pretty huge exit load.

However, Kellogg is a better fit for my career goal of getting into brand management (my previous experience is in brand consulting on consumer goods and Automotive market research). My question is:

1. How powerful is a Kellogg brand in the UK compared to Cambridge MBA? Is it worth pursuing Kellogg if my end location is to work in the UK?

2. If I choose to stay back in the US - how easy/difficult is H1 sponsorship for foreign nationals? {I hear the last 30% of people to be placed on campus has a huge proportion of international/Asian students looking for sponsorship}

3. Is the 1Y in Kellogg on par with 2Y with respect to Career prospects? I reckon the huge proportion of consulting/marketing jobs goes to 2Ys who had summer internship. Will I be at a dis-advantage because of this?

4. How effective are Career treks? Can I leverage this to move back to the UK?

Thanks a lot for your perspectives!


1. I think Cambridge is the better brand in Europe
2. sorry no info on that
3. I think it would be a disadvantage to be in the 1Y programme - this is guessing though!
4. Not sure what you mean here?

IMHO - go with Cambridge, you spent some money already and even though Kellogg has a great name Cambridge is more known in Europe. Basically you mentioned all the reasons yourself - so just go to Cambridge.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Apr 2013
Posts: 21
Schools: Darden '15 (D)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 May 2013, 00:43
hey ...the result willl be out tomo...any idea , when can we expect to hear from Kellogg, if we are selected?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Dec 2012
Posts: 16
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 May 2013, 06:17
It's so quite in here...
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 758
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 May 2013, 06:29
The Ding/WL email will come early in the morning and the calls will come throughout the day.
_________________

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 30 Jan 2010
Posts: 236
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
WE: Project Management (Real Estate)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 66

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 May 2013, 06:42
Allys wrote:
It's so quite in here...


Too quiet.

HailMary620 wrote:
The Ding/WL email will come early in the morning and the calls will come throughout the day.


Interesting. I would have expected the calls to come before the email.

Last edited by brandon432 on 14 May 2013, 06:44, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 01 Apr 2013
Posts: 36
Schools: Yale '15 (M)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 May 2013, 06:43
Based on review of the 2012 thread, the previous poster appears to be correct: it looks like everything was pretty clear by ~12:00PM central time.
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 758
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 May 2013, 07:54
brandon432 wrote:
Allys wrote:
It's so quite in here...


Too quiet.

HailMary620 wrote:
The Ding/WL email will come early in the morning and the calls will come throughout the day.


Interesting. I would have expected the calls to come before the email.


Kellogg does things differently. Infact, during R1, it sent ding/WL emails at midnight before the notification day and then called all admits the following morning/afternoon.
_________________

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 30 Jan 2010
Posts: 236
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
WE: Project Management (Real Estate)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 66

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 May 2013, 10:30
hailmary620 wrote:
Kellogg does things differently. Infact, during R1, it sent ding/WL emails at midnight before the notification day and then called all admits the following morning/afternoon.


So no (early) news is good news....
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Apr 2012
Posts: 3
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V38
GPA: 3.57
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 May 2013, 16:12
:D Can barely wait for tomorrow!
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 14 May 2013, 16:12
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
326 Experts publish their posts in the topic Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants finmaster 1501 04 Jul 2012, 16:31
1 Experts publish their posts in the topic Kellogg (Northwestern) Part time 2013-Calling all applicants souvik101990 26 15 Feb 2013, 07:27
Northwestern (Kellogg) 1-year 2013 - Calling All Applicants ndmaynard 13 22 Oct 2012, 12:03
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76    Next  [ 1502 posts ] 

Moderator: DefyingGravity



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.