Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 11 Jul 2014, 01:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 630 Q45 V33
GMAT 2: 670 Q45 V38
GRE 1: 310 Q158 V152
GRE 2: 315 Q160 V155
GPA: 3.2
WE: Analyst (Accounting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 May 2013, 12:10
Congratulations to everyone who got in. But I'm confused about the wait list?

I called multiple people, emailed, and went in person to interview, and every single person told me that kellogg doesnt wait list for Round 3. Now I'm seeing that a few of you got wait-listed for R3? A little odd....but I guess that's a nice surprise!

Last edited by ProfessorX on 15 May 2013, 12:38, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 3.8
WE: Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 64

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 May 2013, 12:20
Kellogg #1

Last edited by rocket1741 on 15 May 2013, 12:45, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 8

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 May 2013, 12:31
Well I won't comment on the last few posts, my congrats to everyone who got in!

At the same time I hope that everyone who didn't get in (yet) understands this the right way: I wish you all the best for the next steps and options!

Last edited by WomeMBA on 15 May 2013, 12:35, edited 1 time in total.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [1] , given: 0

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 May 2013, 12:33
This post received
KUDOS
rocket1741 wrote:
Professor X, your GMAT score is ONLY 30 points lower than Kellogg's average, and I am pretty sure you didn't get rejected because of the score - there has to be something else in your profile which caused the DING. I got a 640 and I got waitlisted in R2. Seems like you might be reapplying next year, and I will highly recommend if you don't bash a school in a public forum. Your story is unique enough that they will know or can find out who you are. Discretion is important in these conditions.

Last edited by abumhira on 15 May 2013, 13:07, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 May 2013, 12:36
rocket1741 wrote:
Professor X, your GMAT score is ONLY 30 points lower than Kellogg's average, and I am pretty sure you didn't get rejected because of the score - there has to be something else in your profile which caused the DING. I got a 640 and I got waitlisted in R2. Seems like you might be reapplying next year, and I will highly recommend if you don't bash a school in a public forum. Your story is unique enough that they will know or can find out who you are. Discretion is important in these conditions.

Hey guys, you are correct. I will delete my post right now. I guess I just felt the need to vent a little bit. Thanks for the heads up.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 0

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 May 2013, 12:40
This post received
KUDOS
Crap I just realized that you guys quoted me and it's still showing! Could you guys be really awesome and just delete/edit your posts with my embedded quotes? Thanks!
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GPA: 3.1

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 1

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 May 2013, 12:49
just got the call. In at Kellogg. Now it's decision time.
Current Student
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 131 [0], given: 78

Premium Member
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 May 2013, 12:57
ProfessorX wrote:
Crap I just realized that you guys quoted me and it's still showing! Could you guys be really awesome and just delete/edit your posts with my embedded quotes? Thanks!

I've removed them for you. :)

Blogging about the MBA application process. Because I need to do something with all this bschool energy.
http://www.mybreakaway.com/ Recent post: September 20, "Transitions"

Yale School of Management MBA Candidate, 2015.

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Operations, General Management
WE: Corporate Finance (Transportation)

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 7

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 May 2013, 12:58
Post deleted.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 3.8
WE: Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 64

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 May 2013, 13:00
riverfish wrote:

A good problem to have. Are you feeling either one of them? Personally, I would like you to go to Tuck, but obviously know that Kellogg is a better school.
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GPA: 3.1

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 1

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 May 2013, 13:10
rocket1741 wrote:
riverfish wrote:

A good problem to have. Are you feeling either one of them? Personally, I would like you to go to Tuck, but obviously know that Kellogg is a better school.

Well Tuck right now, but that's largely because up until this point I'd been focusing on moving to Hanover and integrating with the Tuck community (put in the deposit, looking for housing, submitting necessary paperwork, meeting other T'15s in the area, etc). I need to pull back and look at it again. It's difficult.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 305 [1] , given: 163

Premium Member
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 May 2013, 14:08
This post received
KUDOS
Riverfish, I think it'd be awesome if you went to Kellogg. ;)

Posted from my mobile device Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 May 2013, 14:09
CobraKai wrote:
Riverfish, I think it'd be awesome if you went to Kellogg. ;)

Posted from my mobile device Image

I concur :). My completely unbiased opinion, of course.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: Kellogg School of Management - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.7

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 1

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 May 2013, 16:42
riverfish wrote:
rocket1741 wrote:
riverfish wrote:

Well Tuck right now, but that's largely because up until this point I'd been focusing on moving to Hanover and integrating with the Tuck community (put in the deposit, looking for housing, submitting necessary paperwork, meeting other T'15s in the area, etc). I need to pull back and look at it again. It's difficult.

Riverfish, feel free to PM if you'd like, I chose between Kellogg and Tuck as well. I promise to be as objective as possible!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 May 2013, 17:56
Congratulations to those of you who were offered a spot at Kellogg! I wish I could be joining you there later this year =(

I couldn't help but laugh a bit at how much the deny status message pushes the "it's not you, it's us [and the number of really awesome people who apply here]"...

I'm trying to get back on my feet now and would really appreciate your collective wisdom and guidance - do you have any recommendations on what would be most effective? Step one for me will be re-evaluate myself and the application materials I submitted to see if I aimed too high so I don't waste time re-applying to Kellogg if I'm not up to snuff.

I'm new to the forums so if this is something that has been asked a lot already and for which there are many of resources, I'd be happy to head that way.
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 8

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 May 2013, 19:22
riverfish wrote:

Congratulations! I am in a similar boat even though it's not tuck I have to worry about.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 0

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 May 2013, 20:25
This post received
KUDOS
vizi0nary wrote:
Congratulations to those of you who were offered a spot at Kellogg! I wish I could be joining you there later this year =(

I couldn't help but laugh a bit at how much the deny status message pushes the "it's not you, it's us [and the number of really awesome people who apply here]"...

I'm trying to get back on my feet now and would really appreciate your collective wisdom and guidance - do you have any recommendations on what would be most effective? Step one for me will be re-evaluate myself and the application materials I submitted to see if I aimed too high so I don't waste time re-applying to Kellogg if I'm not up to snuff.

I'm new to the forums so if this is something that has been asked a lot already and for which there are many of resources, I'd be happy to head that way.

I'm not sure of your profile but all I can say is that I applied last year, was waitlisted and never got in. I re-applied this year (waited until r3) and got admitted. It can be tough to evaluate your own profile, and I had people tell me last year that I was a stretch for Kellogg, but I felt all along that it was a great fit for me and that I could get in.

Anyway the point of what I'm getting at is that you should have confidence in yourself and that you should re-apply next year. I was burned out last year after being waitlisted at 3 schools and not getting in to any of them, but I improved my work experience and extracurriculars (I involved myself more in my undergrad school's alumni network with current students) and I think that really helped. My main weaknesses were my undergrad GPA and probably my extracurriculars, but I think improving your profile in any area will help you. It's better to be really strong in one area than average across the board (in my opinion).
Current Student
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 131 [0], given: 78

Premium Member
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 May 2013, 21:07
vizi0nary wrote:

You should post a request in the forums for evaluation (the-b-school-application-103/). It's easier to assess your strengths and weaknesses when you provide a full picture of your work history, undergrad performance, and extracurricular involvement. I think either way you should reapply to Kellogg but you may also find that there are programs that are a better fit for you and that you are a better for for as well!

Blogging about the MBA application process. Because I need to do something with all this bschool energy.
http://www.mybreakaway.com/ Recent post: September 20, "Transitions"

Yale School of Management MBA Candidate, 2015.

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q42 V40
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Other)

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 6

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Jul 2013, 01:03
I'm in either R1 or R2, GAME TIME!! Thanks for the essay question info

"All that is really worthwhile is action. Personal success or personal satisfaction are not worth another thought."
-Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Chat Moderator
Schools: Johnson '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
WE: Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 33

Kudos [?]: 194 [0], given: 57

Premium Member
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Jul 2013, 03:42
mijou wrote:
I'm in either R1 or R2, GAME TIME!! Thanks for the essay question info

Try here: kellogg-calling-all-applicants-class-of-151300.html

My Blog: http://hamm0.wordpress.com/
Most Recent Post: Time to Catch Up Updated: 1/9/14

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 12 Jul 2013, 03:42