Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Sep 2014, 04:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Apr 2012
Posts: 39
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 6

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2012, 07:03
theK wrote:
...since the Kellogg Admissions Office may notify applicants who've been interviewed any time between the interview and the notification due date.


Really? I thought Kellogg notified applicants a week before the notification due date at the earliest?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Oct 2011
Posts: 4
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GPA: 3.5
WE: Engineering (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2012, 07:56
Had my interview earlier this week. It was with an alumni and it was pretty chilled out and conversational.
My interview lasted for about 60-70mins. The basic question that he asked was what made me start thinking about an MBA?
Why MBA? Why Kellogg? I started explaining and there were many other questions attached (i.e., specific questions about things I said, focusing on team work and also individual thinking) and the interview was pretty laid back.
I also got an opportunity to ask the alumni some questions.
Tuck Thread Master
User avatar
Joined: 05 Nov 2009
Posts: 128
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 67

Premium Member
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2012, 19:33
redpringles wrote:
theK wrote:
...since the Kellogg Admissions Office may notify applicants who've been interviewed any time between the interview and the notification due date.


Really? I thought Kellogg notified applicants a week before the notification due date at the earliest?

I was a bit surprised by that as well - I asked him to clarify since I had heard that the notification is usually close to the due date. But he confirmed that it can be between now and the due date.

Maybe the current students who help out with on-campus interviews can clarify?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Aug 2012
Posts: 6
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.25
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2012, 13:18
A student affiliated with admissions told me if you don't hear a week or two before the final deadline then your chances are not good... but I'm not sure how reliable/true that really is... can anyone confirm?
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
User avatar
Status: Current Student
Joined: 24 Aug 2010
Posts: 1346
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 97

Kudos [?]: 400 [1] , given: 73

Premium Member
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2012, 06:17
1
This post received
KUDOS
All I can say based on last year is that admissions notifications started going out one week prior to the official decision date in both R1 and R2. On GC we saw the most admits on days 1 and 2 once the calls/emails started. There were some people who were admitted later in the week. As far as I know I don't remember any admits on the actual decision day. However, in years past admits were notified all the way up until the final day, but that may have now changed given last year's experience.
_________________

The Brain Dump - From Low GPA to Top MBA (Updated September 1, 2013) - A Few of My Favorite Things--> http://cheetarah1980.blogspot.com
Image

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Jun 2010
Posts: 4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2012, 10:23
lfa wrote:
tinkered wrote:
I received my interview notice on 3 Oct & I just did my interview yesterday (23 Oct - just within deadline). I'm located in Singapore, so it was off-campus with an alumni.
She was really nice & it was very casual at a Starbucks. No difficult questions, everything was as other people have reported. Lots of emphasis on leadership & teamwork. I also felt she was particularly curious about my weakness/failures and my personal interests, maybe to get a rounded view.

All that's left for me now is waiting for the decision!


I received an off-campus interview assignment on 10/23, asked for a good time and am waiting to hear back from the alumni. When you meet in coffee shops for interviews do you still wear business professional? Seems weird but then again I wouldn't leave anything to chance!


I'd say still go business professional. It's always better to be slightly over dressed than under. I went business professional for my alumni interview at a Starbucks and was glad I did so.

As for the interview itself, it was very conversational, no unexpected questions, very laid back. They're trying to get to know you, not grill you. Relax, smile, and be friendly!

My interviewer also said that I could hear anytime between now and the deadline, also that not hearing until close to the deadline isn't a bad sign.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 30 Sep 2011
Posts: 285
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 31

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2012, 10:30
ktwsolo wrote:
lfa wrote:
tinkered wrote:
I received my interview notice on 3 Oct & I just did my interview yesterday (23 Oct - just within deadline). I'm located in Singapore, so it was off-campus with an alumni.
She was really nice & it was very casual at a Starbucks. No difficult questions, everything was as other people have reported. Lots of emphasis on leadership & teamwork. I also felt she was particularly curious about my weakness/failures and my personal interests, maybe to get a rounded view.

All that's left for me now is waiting for the decision!


I received an off-campus interview assignment on 10/23, asked for a good time and am waiting to hear back from the alumni. When you meet in coffee shops for interviews do you still wear business professional? Seems weird but then again I wouldn't leave anything to chance!


I'd say still go business professional. It's always better to be slightly over dressed than under. I went business professional for my alumni interview at a Starbucks and was glad I did so.

As for the interview itself, it was very conversational, no unexpected questions, very laid back. They're trying to get to know you, not grill you. Relax, smile, and be friendly!

My interviewer also said that I could hear anytime between now and the deadline, also that not hearing until close to the deadline isn't a bad sign.



This may be irrelevant based on new info that people have heard but thought I'd share - I visited Kellogg in Sept and at the info session the admissions officer said she wasn't sure what they would do this year. in the previous years decisions went out during a two week period prior to the official decision date. She said they had talked about holding off until "game day" just to prevent the speculation and all the anxiety it causes for applicants, but they hadn't decided yet (she mentioned that they have seen stuff on these sites about people trying to figure out whether they go by industry or alphabetical order or whatever :-)) . Not sure if this helps anything or if they have already given more concrete info.

Waiting on my interviewer to get back to me...So excited about Kellogg it's by farrrr my top choice!
Current Student
avatar
Status: Yale! (whipped and bound)
Joined: 02 May 2012
Posts: 403
Location: United States (CA)
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 131 [0], given: 78

Premium Member
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2012, 11:23
Anyone here attending the Diversity Weekend event next week? I'll be there and am really excited to get to know the school better. Also scheduled my interview for then!
_________________

Blogging about the MBA application process. Because I need to do something with all this bschool energy.
http://www.mybreakaway.com/ Recent post: September 20, "Transitions"

Yale School of Management MBA Candidate, 2015.

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 28 Feb 2011
Posts: 92
Location: Brazil
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V42
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 13

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2012, 12:38
Quote:
This may be irrelevant based on new info that people have heard but thought I'd share - I visited Kellogg in Sept and at the info session the admissions officer said she wasn't sure what they would do this year. in the previous years decisions went out during a two week period prior to the official decision date. She said they had talked about holding off until "game day" just to prevent the speculation and all the anxiety it causes for applicants, but they hadn't decided yet (she mentioned that they have seen stuff on these sites about people trying to figure out whether they go by industry or alphabetical order or whatever :-)) . Not sure if this helps anything or if they have already given more concrete info.

Waiting on my interviewer to get back to me...So excited about Kellogg it's by farrrr my top choice!



If our interview hasn`t written back after a week should we call them? What`s the etiquette? I think contacting the Admissions department about a no-response might lead to a waiver.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 30 Sep 2011
Posts: 285
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 31

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2012, 13:12
astrochris wrote:
Quote:
This may be irrelevant based on new info that people have heard but thought I'd share - I visited Kellogg in Sept and at the info session the admissions officer said she wasn't sure what they would do this year. in the previous years decisions went out during a two week period prior to the official decision date. She said they had talked about holding off until "game day" just to prevent the speculation and all the anxiety it causes for applicants, but they hadn't decided yet (she mentioned that they have seen stuff on these sites about people trying to figure out whether they go by industry or alphabetical order or whatever :-)) . Not sure if this helps anything or if they have already given more concrete info.

Waiting on my interviewer to get back to me...So excited about Kellogg it's by farrrr my top choice!



If our interview hasn`t written back after a week should we call them? What`s the etiquette? I think contacting the Admissions department about a no-response might lead to a waiver.


I'm in the same boat as you...not sure what to do. Will be a week tomorrow. This may sound silly, but I also don't want to contact Kellogg and have them get on my interviewer's case and then they've got that in the back of their head before meeting me.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Oct 2012
Posts: 26
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2012, 18:49
My interviewer said he heard several years ago before thanksgiving.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 28 Feb 2011
Posts: 92
Location: Brazil
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V42
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 13

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2012, 04:23
hookemhorns612 wrote:
astrochris wrote:
Quote:
This may be irrelevant based on new info that people have heard but thought I'd share - I visited Kellogg in Sept and at the info session the admissions officer said she wasn't sure what they would do this year. in the previous years decisions went out during a two week period prior to the official decision date. She said they had talked about holding off until "game day" just to prevent the speculation and all the anxiety it causes for applicants, but they hadn't decided yet (she mentioned that they have seen stuff on these sites about people trying to figure out whether they go by industry or alphabetical order or whatever :-)) . Not sure if this helps anything or if they have already given more concrete info.

Waiting on my interviewer to get back to me...So excited about Kellogg it's by farrrr my top choice!



If our interview hasn`t written back after a week should we call them? What`s the etiquette? I think contacting the Admissions department about a no-response might lead to a waiver.


I'm in the same boat as you...not sure what to do. Will be a week tomorrow. This may sound silly, but I also don't want to contact Kellogg and have them get on my interviewer's case and then they've got that in the back of their head before meeting me.


I`m thinking about giving him a call at the one-week mark. If I were an interviewer I don`t think I would mind someone checking in to see if I got the email, etc.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 30 Sep 2011
Posts: 285
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 31

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2012, 04:58
Yeah I don't think so at all - you should definitely call. I already called and left a voicemail and emailed w no response.

Today will mark a week since I got my invite so I plan to call again and then email Kellogg tonight if no answer

Posted from my mobile device Image
Tuck Thread Master
User avatar
Joined: 05 Nov 2009
Posts: 128
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 67

Premium Member
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2012, 06:20
A question for those who've had their interviews: Does the Check Application Status site indicate that the interview has been completed?

I have had the off-campus interview with an alumn within the 21-days limit recently, and I am wondering whether he has submitted his report or not.

The Check Application Status site only shows one link - View Interview Match Letter.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Apr 2012
Posts: 39
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [1] , given: 6

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2012, 06:28
1
This post received
KUDOS
theK wrote:
A question for those who've had their interviews: Does the Check Application Status site indicate that the interview has been completed?

I have had the off-campus interview with an alumn within the 21-days limit recently, and I am wondering whether he has submitted his report or not.

The Check Application Status site only shows one link - View Interview Match Letter.


No i don't think so, I can't locate an indicator anywhere on the app page. My interviewer told me he has submitted the feedback as a response to my thank you email, so I assume it's in.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Status: Round 1
Joined: 09 Aug 2012
Posts: 19
Location: United States (MN)
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE: Management Consulting (Accounting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 1

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2012, 07:32
1
This post received
KUDOS
redpringles wrote:
theK wrote:
A question for those who've had their interviews: Does the Check Application Status site indicate that the interview has been completed?

I have had the off-campus interview with an alumn within the 21-days limit recently, and I am wondering whether he has submitted his report or not.

The Check Application Status site only shows one link - View Interview Match Letter.


No i don't think so, I can't locate an indicator anywhere on the app page. My interviewer told me he has submitted the feedback as a response to my thank you email, so I assume it's in.



Same with me, my interview was awhile ago but the status does not indicate it was completed. My status was updated in the last day or so that does confirm all application elements were received.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 17 Oct 2010
Posts: 65
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 14

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2012, 07:59
kcw984 wrote:
Does anyone know if it is possible to confirm all that all of the application components were received and all requirements satisfied?

Specifically, I am a re-applicant, so according to Kellogg's instructions, I am only required to provide one recommendation letter. However, on the online application, I am still able to add a second recommender. Any way to confirm this is ok? My worst fear is my app gets pushed to the next round because of that extra missing rec (which I am not supposed to need)..


Did you get a confirmation on this yet?

Could any other re-applicant please shed some light on this?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 23 Apr 2012
Posts: 108
Location: India
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
Schools: Ross '16
GMAT 1: 740 Q V0
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2012, 18:55
Hi All

I just received an interview waiver mail from the Kelloggs Adcom due to the high number of applicants from the area.

Profile: 30/m/india (mumbai, to be specific) engineering background
W/E: 7 yrs sales and marketing
GMAT: 740

I am not sure if this should be considered as a positive or negative development...???

Also, can I request the Adcom for an interview in any of the surrounding countries for an interview as I am okay to travel?
Current Student
avatar
Status: Yale! (whipped and bound)
Joined: 02 May 2012
Posts: 403
Location: United States (CA)
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 131 [0], given: 78

Premium Member
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2012, 18:57
xinga wrote:
Hi All

I just received an interview waiver mail from the Kelloggs Adcom due to the high number of applicants from the area.

Profile: 30/m/india (mumbai, to be specific) engineering background
W/E: 7 yrs sales and marketing
GMAT: 740

I am not sure if this should be considered as a positive or negative development...???

Also, can I request the Adcom for an interview in any of the surrounding countries for an interview as I am okay to travel?


They will invite you in for an interview if after reading your application they decide that they like you and want to see more. I'd say let them make the next move since the travel expense may or may not be worth it.
_________________

Blogging about the MBA application process. Because I need to do something with all this bschool energy.
http://www.mybreakaway.com/ Recent post: September 20, "Transitions"

Yale School of Management MBA Candidate, 2015.

2 KUDOS received
Retired Moderator
avatar
Joined: 02 Feb 2009
Posts: 374
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 149 [2] , given: 27

GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2012, 19:37
2
This post received
KUDOS
xinga wrote:
Hi All

I just received an interview waiver mail from the Kelloggs Adcom due to the high number of applicants from the area.

Profile: 30/m/india (mumbai, to be specific) engineering background
W/E: 7 yrs sales and marketing
GMAT: 740

I am not sure if this should be considered as a positive or negative development...???

Also, can I request the Adcom for an interview in any of the surrounding countries for an interview as I am okay to travel?



Xinga - I am re posting something I wrote a week or so ago. Hope this will help


To everyone applying from India. I am a reapplicant and hence am acquainted with how the process works. Let me detail it as I am sure it will calm some nerves:

1. Kellogg, by design, interviews each applicant. However, in areas of high demand of interviews such as India, it is not possible for them to match their alumni to each applicant as each alumni can do only as many interviews
2. Once both Part 1 and Part 2 are submitted, one of the following scenarios will occur:

i. You will be invited to interview on a day in late Oct/Early Nov. This is essentially an interview day - many alumni will gather at a hotel and many applicants will be interviewed. No clear formula on how the invitees are decided, but I think it depends on who submtited Part 1 earlier as from Kellogg's vantage point everyone has to be interviewed and hence no one is at a higher or lower priority at that point. Once the interview has been completed, the adcom will review your essays and recommendations and you then sit tight until the decision date to hear back from them.

ii. You will get an interview waiver. The Kellogg team does NOT read an applicant's file until their interview is complete. Hence, to avoid delays, they start reading the application first for those in India who weren't sent invites in the first go. The waiver does NOT affect your application negatively - it just means that they are waiving your interview in order to begin reviewing your application

iii. If they like your application, you will receive an invitation to interview. This will be a one to one with an alumnus here, or a Skype with the adcom in Chicago

iv. It may also happen that you don't get this invite after the waiver -> Dinged

3. Hence, unlike other countries, in India Kellogg does NOT interview everyone. Also, most people receive a waiver which can then convert/not convert into an interview invite at a later stage.
4. You will NOT be admitted to the program without an interview. Hence, if after the waiver you do not receive an invite, it means you have been dinged.
5. Dates: Please read last year's thread. If I recall correctly, people received the first invites 2 weeks after the Part 2 deadline. People who first received a waiver and then an invite (such as me) kept hearing throughout November. I got my invite around Mid Nov.
6. Hence, if by end Nov you haven't heard from them after a waiver, safe to move on to alternate plans
7. Most people in India will get a waiver - it will test your nerves (tested mine) but it is actually a blessing in disguise. If you receive an invite after a waiver, that means the adcom liked your application and wants to know more - that is a positive sign any day of the year

Hope this answers your queries. Indian applicants should NOT compare their interview timeline to foreign applicants.
_________________

http://unclearadmit.tumblr.com
Latest Blog Entry:
09-05-13 Its been too long ... Updates & the Tuck Loan

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 30 Oct 2012, 19:37
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
326 Experts publish their posts in the topic Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants finmaster 1501 04 Jul 2012, 16:31
1 Experts publish their posts in the topic Kellogg (Northwestern) Part time 2013-Calling all applicants souvik101990 26 15 Feb 2013, 07:27
Northwestern (Kellogg) 1-year 2013 - Calling All Applicants ndmaynard 13 22 Oct 2012, 12:03
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  76    Next  [ 1502 posts ] 

Moderator: DefyingGravity



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.