Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 15:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 15 [1] , given: 26

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2013, 22:22
This post received
KUDOS
A banner ad advertising a psychiatry service would make a killing right now. We are all nuts
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Schools: UVA (Darden) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 740 Q V
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 24 [1] , given: 8

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2013, 00:59
This post received
KUDOS
Based on the speculation above, I am either WL or dinged, which doesn't really change my mood a lot, as I am overall quite happy with results of my application campaign.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 40 [1] , given: 10

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2013, 01:09
This post received
KUDOS
Guys and Gals,
Let's not get carried away into groundless assumptions. The status change may or may not indicate a ding or a WL or an acceptence.
We can't conclude a thing based on 2-3 samples, and in the meantime we just stress ourselves more and more.

Hope for the best, wait for that phone call and stop being passimistic for no true reason!

Believe in yourselves!!!

Posted from my mobile device Image

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 660 Q45 V35
GPA: 3.31
WE: Sales (Commercial Banking)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 11 [1] , given: 5

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2013, 01:23
This post received
KUDOS
Hey Guys,

As posted above by Gorgasali here is a link I found where an applicant name "bschool_zandro" posted he received the

*Thank you for your interest in the Kellogg School of Management.
The system is unable to determine your current status, please contact the admissions office at 847-491-3308 or mbaadmissions@kellogg.northwestern.edu for more information.

http://forums.businessweek.com/discussi ... /73673.284

And the next page where he posted a ding:

http://forums.businessweek.com/discussi ... /73673.304

As someone who has the same message on my application page right now, not feeling too great about it. :?

FuzzyBuzzard wrote:
Guys and Gals,
Let's not get carried away into groundless assumptions. The status change may or may not indicate a ding or a WL or an acceptence.
We can't conclude a thing based on 2-3 samples, and in the meantime we just stress ourselves more and more.

Hope for the best, wait for that phone call and stop being passimistic for no true reason!

Believe in yourselves!!!

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 9 [1] , given: 1

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2013, 02:30
This post received
KUDOS
Everyone:

I don't think there's one person at this point without the

"Thank you for your interest in the Kellogg School of Management.

The system is unable to determine your current status, please contact the admissions office at 847-491-3308 or mbaadmissions@kellogg.northwestern.edu for more information."

Not one person. The people asking the question about "As a reminder, if you are admitted to the Kellogg School of Management and wish to enroll, you must be prepared to submit official copies of your transcript(s). Scanned copies are acceptable during the application phase."

were just looking at the same business week forum.

No one has a different message.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE: Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 193 [1] , given: 628

Premium Member
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2013, 03:03
This post received
KUDOS
Man, you guys are going to drive yourselves crazy :lol:! For what it's worth and for another data point, I checked mine and it says the system could not determine my status.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 2.69
WE: General Management (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 20 [1] , given: 0

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2013, 04:55
This post received
KUDOS
Thanks guys, and also the people who gave me messages!
FYI, since everyone is asking, my application status is not changed.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q V0
GPA: 3.98

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 2

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2013, 07:19
This post received
KUDOS
I just got the call! For everyone out there nervously waiting for a call, here is my info...

On the east coast. My status has not changed from "All the required elements of your application are complete..." and I did not receive any emails before the call. I know numerous people that have gotten the ding / waitlist letter. I think it is pretty safe to say you are in if you have not received a status update email and the "all the required elements" is your current status.

Good luck everyone and look forward to meeting some of you soon!
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
Schools: Oxford (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.53
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)

Kudos [?]: 18 [1] , given: 16

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2013, 08:24
This post received
KUDOS
Ding. I was expecting it, but it still sucks :(

I like that they interview everyone that they can, but it is kind of frustrating to have to take time off of work and spend $$ for an on campus interview without them giving any kind of indication if they are even remotely interested in your profile.

Though I disliked their application questions and their brevity, in retrospect I think that the HBS application process is the most humane with regards to applicant notification.

Oh well though, just a quick vent! Congrats to all who got admissions calls today, Kellogg is an awesome school!
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 5

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2013, 10:09
This post received
KUDOS
Admitted! Definitely going to attend.

No email, just a phone call. Status online still unchanged.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing
GPA: 3.66
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 21 [1] , given: 7

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2013, 12:31
This post received
KUDOS
Got the call! Missed it (3:45 NY time) and called Kate back (now my second missed admit call...), also got an unexpected scholarship!
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 1

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2013, 12:43
This post received
KUDOS
beehagit wrote:
Diegooli wrote:
@beehagit: Could you share with us your location?

I've got no status update so far. I'm wondering whether it is a location based call roll-out.
Thanks! And I'm still fingers crossed! :roll:

Los Angeles, here! The wait is killer but it does seem like the "No status change = admit" hypothesis is correct. I had a very difficult time buying into it until the call came in, though....

Thanks for the info.

Now it is just the waiting time that is killing me!!! :shock: :shock:
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
WE: Other (Non-Profit and Government)

Kudos [?]: 8 [1] , given: 6

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2013, 15:35
This post received
KUDOS
klytpus wrote:
cali821 wrote:
anyone else without a status change not get a call yet? i'm west coast but working in texas so this is dragging along!

me. no updates whatsoever and no call. can't blame them, i forgot to put my phone number on my application. :lol:

Just to update you guys, I sent them an email to inquire and got a 'Congratulations and Welcome to Kellogg' email almost immediately. :P

Now I can finally get on with my day. It's 7.34am over here...

Congrats to all fellow admits!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Ross '15 (A)

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 2

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2013, 17:09
This post received
KUDOS
Got the call earlier! in with $$!
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 610 Q42 V32
GMAT 2: 730 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.24
WE: Marketing (Retail)

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 2

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2013, 21:23
This post received
KUDOS
Im through. I didnt get any call. It was 5 am that an email came through... sigh! I deserved a phone call and all the yelling screaming thank you drama.... oh how I miss that!

Anyway.. no mention of scholarship on email. Not sure if anyone got any scholarship information on email. Or was it all always over the phone for people?

What about applying for scholarships now? When I sent in applications, I never was told about applying for scholarships separately or did I truly miss out on applying??? :O I hope not!!!!

Please help me with information on how I can proceed with applying to any scholarships that might be available now.

Thanks all and congratulations to all fellow admits :) :)
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 5

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Apr 2013, 13:53
This post received
KUDOS
hailmary620 wrote:
watersorbet wrote:
Thanks! I was able to get it in, but just received an interview waiver :(. I am in NYC, so not remote. Hoping I might get a phone interview because I would really love the opp to interview.

I am relatively new to this thread. Did many people receive phone invites after an initial waiver in previous rounds?

I submitted R3 applicantion on the deadline, and received an interview invite over the weekend. Interesting, that you live in NYC and received a waiver - I would imagine that there are lot of alums in your area. Maybe, your profile is strong enough even w/o an interview, so they just trying to save themselves some time.

There are, though, a lot of folks in NYC, and thus quite a few NYC applicants. It's possible that the # of alums who conduct interviews is just too few for the number of applicants from this year.

Long story short: Don't worry too much about it. Hope for a future interview, but know that as of now, a waiver doesn't mean anything — good or bad.
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 137 [1] , given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Apr 2013, 13:55
This post received
KUDOS
watersorbet wrote:
I appreciate the optimism, but I'm thinking the opposite (unfortunately).

Hey, you never know. By the way GL on Duke - That's my top choice, so I am hoping to see some movement on the 10th.

Duke MBA Class of 2016

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 31 [1] , given: 0

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2013, 07:19
This post received
KUDOS
WomeMBA wrote:
Just a quick question:

I had requested an off-campus interview and was excited to get an alumnus in my preferred post MBA industry. Anyway, they were not available so I spoke with Admissions and they said they were looking for another alumnus. Now two days later they simply cancel my interview letting me know that this won't impact my application in any way.
I'm not really sure what to make of this, is this just very normal or should one be worried?
After all I was looking forward to finding out a few things about Kellogg first hand - that doesn't happen and that's fine but I think it is irritating that a decision is now made based on paper only...
Anyone in a similar situation here?

I think you need not worry. I interviewed with an alum last week and he told me that the application is a very important aspect of admissions. He has been interviewing ever since he graduated 3 years ago and had several cases where he strongly recommended candidates and they didnt get in while those candidates that he was neutral about, got through. Since they lay so much of weight on the essays, it is in fact good that you will have to go through the hassle of interviewing (phone) only when you are shortlisted. Ofcourse, if you were confident of blowing the interviewer's mind off, I can see your concern. :)
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V37

Kudos [?]: 46 [1] , given: 15

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 May 2013, 05:59
This post received
KUDOS
WomeMBA wrote:
Does Kellogg have a rolling admissions process for the FT MBA or will they only let you know on the decision deadline?

Based on the past posts, they only let you know by the deadline, with the exception of a few cases, of people who got a call the day before the decision.
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 561 [1] , given: 30

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 May 2013, 05:09
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
deeksha19 wrote:
thomashobbes wrote:
No change = good based on past posters. I think if your status hasn't changed yet (e.g., still says all parts of application are complete and NOT that they "can't determine status"), you can expect a call today.

Just re-read posts from R2. i guess you are right....rly disappointed...rly was expecting a call from Kellogg....maybe next year now !!

Keep your chin up dude. I've seen soooo many people get int he schools of their dreams the second time around!

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 15 May 2013, 05:09