Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 05:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 31

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2012, 20:12
quick question for the people online..

did you submit your gmat score report for kellogg.

it says If you have access to your GMAT test score, please upload your score report. Uploading an electronic copy of your official test scores is not a required element of the application, but may help expedite the processing of your application.

My report has the other schools I sent it to - do I want them seeing that???? Will they see it anyway when GMAC sends them the official report???

Thoughts...
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Retired Moderator
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 151 [0], given: 27

Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2012, 21:17
hookemhorns612 wrote:

it says If you have access to your GMAT test score, please upload your score report. Uploading an electronic copy of your official test scores is not a required element of the application, but may help expedite the processing of your application.

My report has the other schools I sent it to - do I want them seeing that???? Will they see it anyway when GMAC sends them the official report???

Thoughts...

Upload only the first page of your score report. You can extract the first page using Adobe Acrobat. I dont think schools you send your official report to can see the other schools you are submitting your scores to. And even if they did, it doesnt matter - every school knows you are applying elsewhere as well. Whether you applied to a HBS, Cornell, Tuck etc. along with Kellogg won't affect your chances in any way.

http://unclearadmit.tumblr.com
Latest Blog Entry:
09-05-13 Its been too long ... Updates & the Tuck Loan

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 19

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2012, 21:31
hookemhorns612 wrote:

Thoughts...

I uploaded just the first page, which has the scores. I would doubt that GMAC would send the list of the schools to every school we choose to report our scores to. The official report would be different than the unofficial report we get from GMAC. My two cents.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 6

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2012, 21:42
Just submitted my part II. It took me like 3 weeks after my interview to actually complete my essays, wow.... Glad it's in now, though.

Good luck to everyone here!!
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2012, 22:53
I had interview with alumnus in hong kong, and it was pretty casual and conversational.
He asked me what I would do in next 5 years after MBA, community activity, greatest achievements, any difficult situation i dealt with at work, which is pretty generic questions you can easily expect: there is no curve ball type questions at all.

He was willing to share his MBA life at Kellogg, and the more I listen, the stronger my desire for the school.

Now I am done with everything I can do for admission with interview and part 1 and 2 which I already submitted.

And just waiting part is left until mid-Dec. phew.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.38
WE: Other (Other)

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 8

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 06:43
Now that the deadline is just hours away, does anyone know if Kellogg has a grace period for recommenders? One of mine still hasn't submitted (despite multiple reminders :) ), and I'm hoping I won't be pushed to R2 if worst comes to worst.
Tuck Thread Master
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 67

Premium Member
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 07:07
Part 2 submitted. Phew! Good luck to all applicants!
BSchool Forum Moderator
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q V0

Kudos [?]: 135 [0], given: 27

Premium Member
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 07:41
kcw984 wrote:
Now that the deadline is just hours away, does anyone know if Kellogg has a grace period for recommenders? One of mine still hasn't submitted (despite multiple reminders :) ), and I'm hoping I won't be pushed to R2 if worst comes to worst.

I don't know about Kellogg specifically, but I know Admissions Directors at other schools have told us in info sessions that they generally give a grace period of about a week
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 09:09
Does anyone know how to schedule On-Campus interview?
I just submitted Part I & II yesterday. It says waiting for 2 business days after submitting to call Adcom.
Do I get a Email from Kellogg Adcom saying "please call us"?
Current Student
Affiliations: Volunteer Operation Smile India, Creative Head of College IEEE branch (2009-10), Chief Editor College Magazine (2009), Finance Head College Magazine (2008)
WE2: Entrepreneur (E-commerce - The Laptop Skin Vault)
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE: Marketing (Other)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 85 [0], given: 24

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 09:22
Good to hear that the interviews have gone well so far. I'm planning to apply in R2.

Kidchaos

http://www.laptopskinvault.com

Follow The Laptop Skin Vault on:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TheLaptopSkinVault
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/LaptopSkinVault

Consider Kudos if you think the Post is good
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot. Nothing is going to change. It's not. - Dr. Seuss

Retired Moderator
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 151 [0], given: 27

Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 10:08
sangbhakat wrote:
cheetarah1980 wrote:
hookemhorns612 wrote:
What is the best play on submitting P1 for the interview slot? Is it to submit earlier to make sure you don't get waived (i assume getting waived is bad?) Also, could you just mitigate any risk of getting waived by submitting later, but for on campus?

I see two options:
1) Submit this week for a local interview
2) Submit anytime for an on campus interview

If someone can help answer my questions and verify these options, it would be greatly appreciated. Not sure if I should apply now, b/c my promotion can come in any time in the next 2 to 6 weeks; am waiting in case it happens prior to the deadline.

Pearls of wisdom anybody?

It does not matter. Getting waived is not a bad thing. You could submit Part 1 the day the application goes live and still receive an interview waiver. All an interview waiver means is that they currently do not have an alum available to interview you. In order to not hold up the review of your application (Kellogg does not start reading your app until the interview is complete) they waive the interview requirement so they can begin reading your app. If after reading your application they want to know more about you (which is normally the case) they will invite you to interview.

Here's my view on interview waivers. Are they nerve wracking? Yes. However, receiving a waiver is probably the only way to get some indication of how the admissions team is feeling about your application. If you don't receive an interview invite you pretty much know it's game over. However, if you do receive the invite you at least know that your application was strong enough to warrant further review. For people who either interview on campus or do not receive a waiver for the off campus interview they really have no signals as to where they might stand until the decision is rendered. Hope this helps.

Hi.. I submitted Part I of my application on the 18th of September and then Part II on the 15th of October. I have requested an off-campus interview and still have not received any communication yet.
Is it bad news for me?

Allow upto 8 weeks after submitting part 1 to hear on an interview assignment. Last year, I submitted part 1 in sep and got an interview invite in Nov. the waiting is tough but, atleast in some cases - the ones where you get an interview, its worth it.

http://unclearadmit.tumblr.com
Latest Blog Entry:
09-05-13 Its been too long ... Updates & the Tuck Loan

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 10:20
str1der wrote:
sangbhakat wrote:
cheetarah1980 wrote:

Hi.. I submitted Part I of my application on the 18th of September and then Part II on the 15th of October. I have requested an off-campus interview and still have not received any communication yet.
Is it bad news for me?

Allow upto 8 weeks after submitting part 1 to hear on an interview assignment. Last year, I submitted part 1 in sep and got an interview invite in Nov. the waiting is tough but, atleast in some cases - the ones where you get an interview, its worth it.

Thanks!! May I ask what do they look for in Part I of the application before they schedule an interview. And what are the prospects of Indian applicants with this regard.
Manager
Manager

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 10:35
Does anyone know if I would receive an Email saying "Interview Invite" for the On-Campus Interview?
I submitted both Part 1 & 2 on 10/14/2012? When do I expect to see Email from Kellogg Adcom? Or should I just give adcom a call to request interview?

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Finance

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 7

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 11:27
Does anyone know what getting an interview actually means for Kellogg? A bit unique that they hand out interviews, before getting your essays.

I know with other top schools, if you get an interview that can mean you have a >50% chance at getting in, but I was under the impression that Kellogg interviews almost everyone. Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.1
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 4

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 11:39
Chupacabra wrote:
Does anyone know what getting an interview actually means for Kellogg? A bit unique that they hand out interviews, before getting your essays.

I know with other top schools, if you get an interview that can mean you have a >50% chance at getting in, but I was under the impression that Kellogg interviews almost everyone. Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks.

You are right ... Kellogg does interview everyone or at least tries to ... the only reason for not getting an interview is if u live in an area of high demand for interviews and thus kellogg might not have enough alumni to cover everyone ... in that case you will receive an interview waiver, adcom will go through your profile and if they like you schedule an interview with you then ... so other than this case of waiver followed by an interview call, getting a kellogg interview doesn't really mean much.

http://pyarapopat.wordpress.com

Manager
Manager

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 14:18
How can I schedule On-Campus interview with Kellogg? I just submitted part i and ii today.
Do I need to wait for them to send me an Email? or should I call them up myself after 2 business days?

pyarapopat wrote:
Chupacabra wrote:

Thanks.

You are right ... Kellogg does interview everyone or at least tries to ... the only reason for not getting an interview is if u live in an area of high demand for interviews and thus kellogg might not have enough alumni to cover everyone ... in that case you will receive an interview waiver, adcom will go through your profile and if they like you schedule an interview with you then ... so other than this case of waiver followed by an interview call, getting a kellogg interview doesn't really mean much.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 18:05
Hi,

I have just submitted my application. When I log into the 'View application' section, I see that I successful submitted the application. I got an Email from Kellogg saying that my application was successfully submitted. The mail also provided me with a link to check status of my application. when I click the link and provide my user Id and password, it says 'password wrong'.

Is this a bug or will it take a couple of days to get updated?

Thanks.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q V0

Kudos [?]: 135 [0], given: 27

Premium Member
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 18:40
wpye86 wrote:
How can I schedule On-Campus interview with Kellogg? I just submitted part i and ii today.
Do I need to wait for them to send me an Email? or should I call them up myself after 2 business days?

Just call them after 2 business days. Good luck
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.8

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2012, 01:03
Hi Guys

I submitted my Part 1 on 18/09/2012 and part II on 15/10/2012. I havent yet heard back anything about my off-campus interview. I am applying from India and am wondering whether other Indian students have got their interview calls yet or is the school doing it zone-wise and yet to reach us?
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: NYU (Stern) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.5

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 1

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2012, 02:43
Submitted part I - 09/09
Invited to interview (off-campus) - 09/19
Submitted part II - 10/01
Interviewed - 10/03
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 17 Oct 2012, 02:43