Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 08:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
WE: Other (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 3

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2012, 09:37
So I know calls haven't started yet, but once they do, does anyone know if they call each and every admitted student? I.e. is not getting a call a death blow?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2012, 09:41
nyukellogg2015 wrote:
So I know calls haven't started yet, but once they do, does anyone know if they call each and every admitted student? I.e. is not getting a call a death blow?

That's my understanding. I think that if you don't hear anything by Friday you'll get the ding / waitlist Monday. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 3

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2012, 09:42
This post received
KUDOS
Jeff87 wrote:
nyukellogg2015 wrote:

That's my understanding. I think that if you don't hear anything by Friday you'll get the ding / waitlist Monday. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

So, you're saying this will be the worst week ever until/if I get a call, basically.
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2012, 10:29
Any updates on whether calls have started?
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2012, 10:32
Probably not for another 2 hours.
Intern
Intern

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2012, 10:58
nyukellogg2015 wrote:
Jeff87 wrote:
nyukellogg2015 wrote:

So, you're saying this will be the worst week ever until/if I get a call, basically.

Pretty much, but not as bad as your weekend will be if you don't get the call. My stomach is in knots, hope the calls start soon! Good luck to everyone!
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Fisher '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q42 V47

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2012, 11:08
I really wish schools would just tell you yes or no at a set time rather than playing this game of "we can call within weeks of the deadline, but if you don't get a call, you are almost definitely getting denied." As soon as I hear back from Kellogg I'll be able to decide whether or not to send my Fisher deposit in.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Booth '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 23

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2012, 11:15
bglorioso wrote:
I really wish schools would just tell you yes or no at a set time rather than playing this game of "we can call within weeks of the deadline, but if you don't get a call, you are almost definitely getting denied." As soon as I hear back from Kellogg I'll be able to decide whether or not to send my Fisher deposit in.

I used to have the same thought but now I'm not so sure. When a school tells you the exact day & time they'll let you know, the night before is pure torture. When you know it'll come within a certain week, it's a bit less stressful. This is just my two cents tho.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 31

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2012, 11:18
Not sure whether or not to just abandon GMAT Club this week...could be a healthy move for me :-).

In my info session, they said they weren't sure if they were going to call the week of or just the day before/the deadline b/c they were aware of how much anxiety it caused candidates - they said they visited these forums and saw all the comments on people trying to figure out the method to the madness of how people were being informed (alphabetical, geographical, industry, age, hair color, blah blah)...

My guess is they'll make the calls this week - I don't think they call everybody before the drop dead date on the 17th or that it means your 100% WL or dinged, but I doubt chances are great at that point.
Current Student
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Strategy

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 9

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2012, 11:24
dwinters wrote:
bglorioso wrote:

I used to have the same thought but now I'm not so sure. When a school tells you the exact day & time they'll let you know, the night before is pure torture. When you know it'll come within a certain week, it's a bit less stressful. This is just my two cents tho.

I could not disagree with this any more. The date and time gives transparency to the process and makes one day stressful instead of an entire week. Not to mention that the official word from Kellogg was the majority would be in the "last few weeks" which is misleading since it is in the last week.
Intern
Intern

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2012, 11:28
Hmm so they basically tell everyone today who got in over phone or do they do it throughout the week?
Current Student

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2012, 11:34
anonymous2012 wrote:
dwinters wrote:
bglorioso wrote:

I could not disagree with this any more. The date and time gives transparency to the process and makes one day stressful instead of an entire week. Not to mention that the official word from Kellogg was the majority would be in the "last few weeks" which is misleading since it is in the last week.

I'm on the fence with this, but yes, the stress does feel stretched out.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2012, 11:43
anonymous2012 wrote:
dwinters wrote:
bglorioso wrote:

I agree. But, sending out admits the day before only works if the school says clearly that decisions will not be released any earlier, like what Booth did. Not sure if Kellogg releasing the decisions on Dec 17th is going to help with the stress.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2012, 11:53
hookemhorns612 wrote:
Not sure whether or not to just abandon GMAT Club this week...could be a healthy move for me :-).

In my info session, they said they weren't sure if they were going to call the week of or just the day before/the deadline b/c they were aware of how much anxiety it caused candidates - they said they visited these forums and saw all the comments on people trying to figure out the method to the madness of how people were being informed (alphabetical, geographical, industry, age, hair color, blah blah)...

My guess is they'll make the calls this week - I don't think they call everybody before the drop dead date on the 17th or that it means your 100% WL or dinged, but I doubt chances are great at that point.

I heard the same thing about them re-evaluating when to call applicants. I'm sure the admissions office is plenty busy but it sure is tempting to call and ask. Goodluck everyone, hopefully we hear soon.
Current Student

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2012, 11:56
Bigblue1010 wrote:
hookemhorns612 wrote:

I heard the same thing about them re-evaluating when to call applicants. I'm sure the admissions office is plenty busy but it sure is tempting to call and ask. Goodluck everyone, hopefully we hear soon.

If you do, let us know what they say!!!
Intern
Intern

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2012, 12:05
nyukellogg2015 wrote:
Bigblue1010 wrote:
hookemhorns612 wrote:

If you do, let us know what they say!!!

In fact, PLEASE do and let us know what they say.
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
GMAT 1: 730 Q V
GPA: 3.81

Kudos [?]: 8 [2] , given: 0

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2012, 12:13
This post received
KUDOS
A friend in Illinois just called me... what a tease
Current Student

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2012, 12:14
APPalachiantrail wrote:

Wow. If an unknown 847 number called me and it wasn't Kellogg, I'd have a heart attack. I'd probably have a heart attack anyway.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.92

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2012, 12:32
nyukellogg2015 wrote:
APPalachiantrail wrote:

Wow. If an unknown 847 number called me and it wasn't Kellogg, I'd have a heart attack. I'd probably have a heart attack anyway.

Haha, I did this yesterday for a number from Washington state. I'd say we're all in bad shape ;)

If we're being realistic, there are but a handful of adcom members and a bunch of people that they will, in theory, have to call. Let's all just take a few deep breaths and try to resist the urge to jump off the ledge if it takes a few days to hear anything :)
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2012, 13:21
driskigm wrote:
nyukellogg2015 wrote:
APPalachiantrail wrote:

Haha, I did this yesterday for a number from Washington state. I'd say we're all in bad shape ;)

If we're being realistic, there are but a handful of adcom members and a bunch of people that they will, in theory, have to call. Let's all just take a few deep breaths and try to resist the urge to jump off the ledge if it takes a few days to hear anything :)

Too soon to assume that they aren't calling today?
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 10 Dec 2012, 13:21