Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Sep 2014, 10:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 28 Dec 2010
Posts: 336
Location: India
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 33

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2012, 01:29
guys just saw my email.. got a waiver. Had preferred to interview in mumbai.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 18 Nov 2011
Posts: 153
Schools: Johnson '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 50 [0], given: 21

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2012, 07:28
It's quite cold here in Chicago ~ I have my on-campus interview tomorrow! Does anyone know when the admissions office opens by the way? I do want to sit in on a class. For those who have visited, do you recommend going on the student-led tour at 10:15AM first? Much appreciated guys!
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Too close for missiles, switching to guns.
Joined: 23 Oct 2012
Posts: 764
Location: United States
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 310 [0], given: 166

Premium Member
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2012, 08:36
OjilEye wrote:
It's quite cold here in Chicago ~ I have my on-campus interview tomorrow! Does anyone know when the admissions office opens by the way? I do want to sit in on a class. For those who have visited, do you recommend going on the student-led tour at 10:15AM first? Much appreciated guys!


If you haven't been to campus yet, a class visit/tour is a good thing to squeeze in before the interview so you'll have more to talk about when it comes to "why Kellogg?"

Check out this link for a calendar of events and see what you can work in around your interview:

http://kellogg.campusgroups.com/ftvisit/events/
_________________

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 18 Nov 2011
Posts: 153
Schools: Johnson '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 50 [0], given: 21

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2012, 15:02
CobraKai wrote:
OjilEye wrote:
It's quite cold here in Chicago ~ I have my on-campus interview tomorrow! Does anyone know when the admissions office opens by the way? I do want to sit in on a class. For those who have visited, do you recommend going on the student-led tour at 10:15AM first? Much appreciated guys!


If you haven't been to campus yet, a class visit/tour is a good thing to squeeze in before the interview so you'll have more to talk about when it comes to "why Kellogg?"

Check out this link for a calendar of events and see what you can work in around your interview:

http://kellogg.campusgroups.com/ftvisit/events/


Thanks CobraKai! Handy URL!
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 26 May 2010
Posts: 694
Location: United States (MA)
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE: Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 192 [0], given: 628

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2012, 15:05
Does anyone know if there is any incentive to submit Part I well before the deadline? I will be requesting an off-campus interview, but it will be in a major US hub.
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Too close for missiles, switching to guns.
Joined: 23 Oct 2012
Posts: 764
Location: United States
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 310 [0], given: 166

Premium Member
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2012, 16:06
kingfalcon wrote:
Does anyone know if there is any incentive to submit Part I well before the deadline? I will be requesting an off-campus interview, but it will be in a major US hub.


For on campus, the benefit is that you can schedule your interview earlier. I'd assume you would hear back on your off-campus interview sooner if you submitted Part I earlier.
_________________

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Jan 2011
Posts: 22
Location: Kansas, USA
Schools: INSEAD, Wharton
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 9

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2012, 08:44
@OjilEye: I suggest that you go for the tour and a class visit. The campus is quite nice and a tour will give you additional information about the Kellogg community. I sat in a class as well and it was an awesome experience.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Jun 2012
Posts: 12
GMAT 1: 740 Q V
GPA: 3.93
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2012, 10:16
I will be visiting Kellogg and interviewing this week. Does anyone know if we can just check in with the admissions department prior to the events (class visit, info session, tour, lunch with students, etc) or if we have to register in advance? On the Kellogg website it seems as though nobody has registered for anything.
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Too close for missiles, switching to guns.
Joined: 23 Oct 2012
Posts: 764
Location: United States
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 310 [0], given: 166

Premium Member
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2012, 10:22
swmr wrote:
Does anyone know if we can just check in with the admissions department prior to the events (class visit, info session, tour, lunch with students, etc) or if we have to register in advance? On the Kellogg website it seems as though.


Just show up to the admissions office 10-15 minutes before the event is about to take place. Someone will get you to take you on a tour/lunch/class visit.

FYI - for your interview, you definitely want to be there 15 minutes before hand because you have to fill out a sheet with some personal info and career goals (long and short term) and attach a hard copy of your resume to it.
_________________

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 18 Nov 2011
Posts: 153
Schools: Johnson '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 50 [0], given: 21

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2012, 22:14
sayak636 wrote:
@OjilEye: I suggest that you go for the tour and a class visit. The campus is quite nice and a tour will give you additional information about the Kellogg community. I sat in a class as well and it was an awesome experience.


Solid advice. I went for both and was able to nicely sandwich them around the interview.
Agreed, the class I attended was solid. The professor was extremely interactive with his students and quite funny to boot.

The "Kellogg" tour so to speak is about as bare-boned of a tour as it gets. We literally walked through a couple hallways, stopped once in front of a busy classroom door with herds of students interrupting the tour guide to get to class, stopped a second time in front of one of the building entrances, and then went straight into a classroom for a Q&A. That was it. Point being, we're not going to Kellogg because of a nice facility (b/c it is admittedly average and quite crowded on space), but because of its other strengths and community.

I met with a friend there and we had a really tough time just finding a place to sit down and chat. This was at around 1:30PM. Study rooms + atrium cafe tables were packed.

swmr wrote:
I will be visiting Kellogg and interviewing this week. Does anyone know if we can just check in with the admissions department prior to the events (class visit, info session, tour, lunch with students, etc) or if we have to register in advance? On the Kellogg website it seems as though nobody has registered for anything.


No registration in advance was needed! You can show up and the office has sign-in sheets available for you to attend the tour, join in on the group lunch, and pick a class.
You can also fill out the paperwork (one form, it asks for your short and long term goals) required for the interview hours in advance.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Jun 2012
Posts: 12
GMAT 1: 740 Q V
GPA: 3.93
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2012, 15:22
CobraKai wrote:
swmr wrote:
Does anyone know if we can just check in with the admissions department prior to the events (class visit, info session, tour, lunch with students, etc) or if we have to register in advance? On the Kellogg website it seems as though.


Just show up to the admissions office 10-15 minutes before the event is about to take place. Someone will get you to take you on a tour/lunch/class visit.

FYI - for your interview, you definitely want to be there 15 minutes before hand because you have to fill out a sheet with some personal info and career goals (long and short term) and attach a hard copy of your resume to it.


Thank you, this is useful info!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Apr 2012
Posts: 8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 08:43
Hi, does anyone know by which dates would the final results be out , especially for the 1 year program applicants ! Thanks !
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Too close for missiles, switching to guns.
Joined: 23 Oct 2012
Posts: 764
Location: United States
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 310 [0], given: 166

Premium Member
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 09:29
Riniray wrote:
Hi, does anyone know by which dates would the final results be out , especially for the 1 year program applicants ! Thanks !


http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/Programs/FullTimeMBA/Applying/Deadlines-2013.aspx
_________________

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 23 Sep 2010
Posts: 53
Location: India
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.98
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 5

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 10:21
Got an invite to interview with an alumnus in Mumbai.
Retired Moderator
avatar
Joined: 02 Feb 2009
Posts: 374
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 149 [0], given: 27

GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 10:32
niksworth wrote:
Got an invite to interview with an alumnus in Mumbai.


Congrats. Ur killing it - tuck and kellogg :) excellent
_________________

http://unclearadmit.tumblr.com
Latest Blog Entry:
09-05-13 Its been too long ... Updates & the Tuck Loan

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 23 Sep 2010
Posts: 53
Location: India
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.98
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 5

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 10:39
str1der wrote:
niksworth wrote:
Got an invite to interview with an alumnus in Mumbai.


Congrats. Ur killing it - tuck and kellogg :) excellent


Thanks man. I don't know if receiving an invite (in India) is really a positive step or a random occurrence but it always better to have a chance to express yourself in person, so its good I guess.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Oct 2012
Posts: 20
Schools: Kellogg 1YR '14
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 10:39
niksworth wrote:
Got an invite to interview with an alumnus in Mumbai.


Goodluck! Is the process any different for international applicants in terms of interview invite? In the US I believe they are interviewing everyone who applies?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 23 Sep 2010
Posts: 53
Location: India
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.98
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 5

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 10:46
dawizard wrote:
niksworth wrote:
Got an invite to interview with an alumnus in Mumbai.


Goodluck! Is the process any different for international applicants in terms of interview invite? In the US I believe they are interviewing everyone who applies?


From what I've heard, a lot of applicants in India receive waivers because of mismatch between demand and supply (applicants and alumni). Some are asked to interview after receiving a waiver if the adcom reads part 2 and likes the application.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Oct 2012
Posts: 20
Schools: Kellogg 1YR '14
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 11:20
niksworth wrote:


From what I've heard, a lot of applicants in India receive waivers because of mismatch between demand and supply (applicants and alumni). Some are asked to interview after receiving a waiver if the adcom reads part 2 and likes the application.


Aha gotcha! Well good, glad you will get the opportunity to make a lasting impression on the alumni. My interview was very conversational and I can only recommend what everyone does overall - remember to be yourself, the passion will show on its own.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Nov 2012
Posts: 11
Location: United States
GMAT 1: Q V
WE: Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 21:46
Just finished interview with alumina. Cross finger and bless.
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 08 Nov 2012, 21:46
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
326 Experts publish their posts in the topic Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants finmaster 1501 04 Jul 2012, 16:31
1 Experts publish their posts in the topic Kellogg (Northwestern) Part time 2013-Calling all applicants souvik101990 26 15 Feb 2013, 07:27
Northwestern (Kellogg) 1-year 2013 - Calling All Applicants ndmaynard 13 22 Oct 2012, 12:03
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  16   17   18   19   20   21   22  ...  76    Next  [ 1502 posts ] 

Moderator: DefyingGravity



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.