Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 05:41 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 773 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 329 [0]
Given Kudos: 175
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
CobraKai wrote:
OjilEye wrote:
It's quite cold here in Chicago ~ I have my on-campus interview tomorrow! Does anyone know when the admissions office opens by the way? I do want to sit in on a class. For those who have visited, do you recommend going on the student-led tour at 10:15AM first? Much appreciated guys!

If you haven't been to campus yet, a class visit/tour is a good thing to squeeze in before the interview so you'll have more to talk about when it comes to "why Kellogg?"

Check out this link for a calendar of events and see what you can work in around your interview:

https://kellogg.campusgroups.com/ftvisit/events/

Thanks CobraKai! Handy URL!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 642
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE:Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Does anyone know if there is any incentive to submit Part I well before the deadline? I will be requesting an off-campus interview, but it will be in a major US hub.
Director
Director
Send PM
kingfalcon wrote:
Does anyone know if there is any incentive to submit Part I well before the deadline? I will be requesting an off-campus interview, but it will be in a major US hub.

For on campus, the benefit is that you can schedule your interview earlier. I'd assume you would hear back on your off-campus interview sooner if you submitted Part I earlier.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: International Business
Schools:INSEAD, Wharton
GPA: 4.0
Send PM
@OjilEye: I suggest that you go for the tour and a class visit. The campus is quite nice and a tour will give you additional information about the Kellogg community. I sat in a class as well and it was an awesome experience.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.93
Send PM
I will be visiting Kellogg and interviewing this week. Does anyone know if we can just check in with the admissions department prior to the events (class visit, info session, tour, lunch with students, etc) or if we have to register in advance? On the Kellogg website it seems as though nobody has registered for anything.
Director
Director
Send PM
swmr wrote:
Does anyone know if we can just check in with the admissions department prior to the events (class visit, info session, tour, lunch with students, etc) or if we have to register in advance? On the Kellogg website it seems as though.

Just show up to the admissions office 10-15 minutes before the event is about to take place. Someone will get you to take you on a tour/lunch/class visit.

FYI - for your interview, you definitely want to be there 15 minutes before hand because you have to fill out a sheet with some personal info and career goals (long and short term) and attach a hard copy of your resume to it.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sayak636 wrote:
@OjilEye: I suggest that you go for the tour and a class visit. The campus is quite nice and a tour will give you additional information about the Kellogg community. I sat in a class as well and it was an awesome experience.

Solid advice. I went for both and was able to nicely sandwich them around the interview.
Agreed, the class I attended was solid. The professor was extremely interactive with his students and quite funny to boot.

The "Kellogg" tour so to speak is about as bare-boned of a tour as it gets. We literally walked through a couple hallways, stopped once in front of a busy classroom door with herds of students interrupting the tour guide to get to class, stopped a second time in front of one of the building entrances, and then went straight into a classroom for a Q&A. That was it. Point being, we're not going to Kellogg because of a nice facility (b/c it is admittedly average and quite crowded on space), but because of its other strengths and community.

I met with a friend there and we had a really tough time just finding a place to sit down and chat. This was at around 1:30PM. Study rooms + atrium cafe tables were packed.

swmr wrote:
I will be visiting Kellogg and interviewing this week. Does anyone know if we can just check in with the admissions department prior to the events (class visit, info session, tour, lunch with students, etc) or if we have to register in advance? On the Kellogg website it seems as though nobody has registered for anything.

No registration in advance was needed! You can show up and the office has sign-in sheets available for you to attend the tour, join in on the group lunch, and pick a class.
You can also fill out the paperwork (one form, it asks for your short and long term goals) required for the interview hours in advance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.93
Send PM
CobraKai wrote:
swmr wrote:
Does anyone know if we can just check in with the admissions department prior to the events (class visit, info session, tour, lunch with students, etc) or if we have to register in advance? On the Kellogg website it seems as though.

Just show up to the admissions office 10-15 minutes before the event is about to take place. Someone will get you to take you on a tour/lunch/class visit.

FYI - for your interview, you definitely want to be there 15 minutes before hand because you have to fill out a sheet with some personal info and career goals (long and short term) and attach a hard copy of your resume to it.

Thank you, this is useful info!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi, does anyone know by which dates would the final results be out , especially for the 1 year program applicants ! Thanks !
Director
Director
Send PM
Riniray wrote:
Hi, does anyone know by which dates would the final results be out , especially for the 1 year program applicants ! Thanks !

https://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/Programs/FullTimeMBA/Applying/Deadlines-2013.aspx
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.98
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Got an invite to interview with an alumnus in Mumbai.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Send PM
niksworth wrote:

Congrats. Ur killing it - tuck and kellogg :) excellent
Manager
Manager
Send PM
str1der wrote:
niksworth wrote:

Congrats. Ur killing it - tuck and kellogg :) excellent

Thanks man. I don't know if receiving an invite (in India) is really a positive step or a random occurrence but it always better to have a chance to express yourself in person, so its good I guess.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
niksworth wrote:

Goodluck! Is the process any different for international applicants in terms of interview invite? In the US I believe they are interviewing everyone who applies?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
dawizard wrote:
niksworth wrote:

Goodluck! Is the process any different for international applicants in terms of interview invite? In the US I believe they are interviewing everyone who applies?

From what I've heard, a lot of applicants in India receive waivers because of mismatch between demand and supply (applicants and alumni). Some are asked to interview after receiving a waiver if the adcom reads part 2 and likes the application.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
niksworth wrote:

From what I've heard, a lot of applicants in India receive waivers because of mismatch between demand and supply (applicants and alumni). Some are asked to interview after receiving a waiver if the adcom reads part 2 and likes the application.

Aha gotcha! Well good, glad you will get the opportunity to make a lasting impression on the alumni. My interview was very conversational and I can only recommend what everyone does overall - remember to be yourself, the passion will show on its own.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
WE:Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Just finished interview with alumina. Cross finger and bless.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  16   17   18   19   20   21   22  ...  76   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts