Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Sep 2014, 21:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 17 Oct 2011
Posts: 119
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 3

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2012, 07:55
NA

Last edited by breakthelaw on 05 Mar 2013, 09:04, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 05 Nov 2012
Posts: 35
Location: United States
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 5

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2012, 13:17
Step 1: receive Kellogg acceptance package on mail.
Step 2: ho ho ho Merry Christmas!
Step 3: Post picture on Facebook
Step 4: Boom, see how your iPhone blows up from FB notifications!!!

Merry Christmas to you all!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 25 Jun 2011
Posts: 122
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 14

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2012, 13:44
thelegend wrote:
Step 1: receive Kellogg acceptance package on mail.
Step 2: ho ho ho Merry Christmas!
Step 3: Post picture on Facebook
Step 4: Boom, see how your iPhone blows up from FB notifications!!!

Merry Christmas to you all!


Merry Christmas to you too!
Received my package just a few minutes back!
Current Student
avatar
Status: Yale! (whipped and bound)
Joined: 02 May 2012
Posts: 404
Location: United States (CA)
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 131 [0], given: 78

Premium Member
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2012, 11:28
I'm out of town and can't access the admitted student portal (sad!) and was wondering if someone could share the tentative schedule for "Day at Kellogg" in February. I'm thinking of buying some plane tickets before the New Year and would like to know what time things get started (and end for that matter). I really want to futz around in the portal...wish I could read my mail remotely! :)
_________________

Blogging about the MBA application process. Because I need to do something with all this bschool energy.
http://www.mybreakaway.com/ Recent post: September 20, "Transitions"

Yale School of Management MBA Candidate, 2015.

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 25 Jun 2011
Posts: 122
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 14

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2012, 11:41
machichi wrote:
I'm out of town and can't access the admitted student portal (sad!) and was wondering if someone could share the tentative schedule for "Day at Kellogg" in February. I'm thinking of buying some plane tickets before the New Year and would like to know what time things get started (and end for that matter). I really want to futz around in the portal...wish I could read my mail remotely! :)


There are events scheduled from 7:30 PM on Feb 14th to 11:30 PM of Feb 16th on the portal. There are optional housing tours on the 17th.

Hope this helps.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 07 Dec 2012
Posts: 58
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: LBS '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q39 V45
GPA: 3.92
WE: General Management (Other)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 2

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2012, 15:28
does anyone have the link to Kellogg's list of clubs/activities and programs available to MBA students?
3 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 01 Oct 2012
Posts: 94
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 720 Q V
GMAT 2: Q V0
GPA: 3.2
WE: Operations (Investment Banking)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 25 [3] , given: 19

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2012, 15:35
3
This post received
KUDOS
Azn84 wrote:
does anyone have the link to Kellogg's list of clubs/activities and programs available to MBA students?


http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Kellogg+Clubs+and+Activities
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 07 Dec 2012
Posts: 58
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: LBS '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q39 V45
GPA: 3.92
WE: General Management (Other)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 2

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2012, 15:43
DMNY31 wrote:
Azn84 wrote:
does anyone have the link to Kellogg's list of clubs/activities and programs available to MBA students?


http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Kellogg+Clubs+and+Activities


very funny. i googled and i was wondering if anyone had the "official" direct link. I was really looking for the programs like global labs global management initiative etc. can you please google that for me?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Affiliations: Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America
Joined: 13 Dec 2010
Posts: 75
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.6
WE: Marketing (Consumer Products)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 32

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2012, 14:43
Azn84 wrote:
does anyone have the link to Kellogg's list of clubs/activities and programs available to MBA students?


Current student here, here is a link to the clubs portal but I do not think it has info about the G-lab or other academic opportunities.

https://kellogg.campusgroups.com

You should be able to browse without having to log in.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 07 Dec 2012
Posts: 58
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: LBS '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q39 V45
GPA: 3.92
WE: General Management (Other)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 2

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2012, 14:53
spivey181 wrote:
Azn84 wrote:
does anyone have the link to Kellogg's list of clubs/activities and programs available to MBA students?


Current student here, here is a link to the clubs portal but I do not think it has info about the G-lab or other academic opportunities.

https://kellogg.campusgroups.com

You should be able to browse without having to log in.


Hey! Thanks for writing back. I was actually looking for information on the academic opportunities. When I had visited campus they had mentioned the G-lab and the global initiatives in management. I was wondering if it was possible to find a full listing. I am especially interested in opportunities that relate to small business development in emerging market/globally... Really appreciate your help!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Affiliations: Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America
Joined: 13 Dec 2010
Posts: 75
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.6
WE: Marketing (Consumer Products)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 32

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2012, 21:02
Azn84 wrote:
spivey181 wrote:
Azn84 wrote:
does anyone have the link to Kellogg's list of clubs/activities and programs available to MBA students?


Current student here, here is a link to the clubs portal but I do not think it has info about the G-lab or other academic opportunities.

https://kellogg.campusgroups.com

You should be able to browse without having to log in.


Hey! Thanks for writing back. I was actually looking for information on the academic opportunities. When I had visited campus they had mentioned the G-lab and the global initiatives in management. I was wondering if it was possible to find a full listing. I am especially interested in opportunities that relate to small business development in emerging market/globally... Really appreciate your help!


Here's the website for GIM (Global Initiatives in Management). It has a listing of the GIM courses for this year if you peruse the tabs on the left.

http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/aca ... /index.htm
Kellogg Thread Master
User avatar
Status: Applying
Joined: 15 Jun 2012
Posts: 112
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V40
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 67

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2012, 23:44
No word yet on interview. Submitted R2 Part 1. Part 2 underway. Shouldn't I have heard something about the interview (or waiver) by now? Not having a great feeling about this. I'm from India.
_________________

All that matters, comes after the word 'but'.

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Dec 2012
Posts: 5
GRE 1: 331 Q162 V169
GPA: 3.65
WE: Analyst (Real Estate)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 5

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2012, 08:01
Quick app question if somebody wouldn't mind helping me out. In the employment history section it seems unclear whether you should list multiple positions within the same company. (HBS for example said specifically only list company once). There is only a text box for "current position." Have people generally listed all their positions within a single company in this "current position" box, or have people been dropping that down into "employer #2" even though it is not a distinct employer? Thanks for the help!
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 26 Feb 2012
Posts: 100
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 36 [1] , given: 23

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2012, 12:35
1
This post received
KUDOS
sugarmag wrote:
Quick app question if somebody wouldn't mind helping me out. In the employment history section it seems unclear whether you should list multiple positions within the same company. (HBS for example said specifically only list company once). There is only a text box for "current position." Have people generally listed all their positions within a single company in this "current position" box, or have people been dropping that down into "employer #2" even though it is not a distinct employer? Thanks for the help!


I just went back and looked at my application. I listed the different positions I held in the same company under separate headings. Under "Reason for leaving", I said "Promotion" or "Transfer".

Hope this helps.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 03 Feb 2010
Posts: 181
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
WE: Marketing (Computer Hardware)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 34

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2012, 22:40
It's been a while since I've been on here, just want to say congrats to all the recent admits!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 14 Jul 2011
Posts: 97
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 4

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2012, 21:57
Knowledge Gurus,

A very very Happy New Year to all the admits and to people who are still fighting their way out :)

Wanted to check with you all on something. I was re-re-re-reading my Kellogg essays :-D and got some last minute thoughts for addition. Working on incorporating those, I wonder if it would be OK to use abbreviated names like SEEK or CIM in the essay without providing the full name ? Do you think it will be OK to write them as such ? :) If I write the full names that makes my essay 508 words :(

I read it somewhere on the forum that going 5 % above the recommended essay length might be OK. If anyone can comment a bit on that, I will appreciate that.

Best Wishes !
Current Student
avatar
Status: Yale! (whipped and bound)
Joined: 02 May 2012
Posts: 404
Location: United States (CA)
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 131 [0], given: 78

Premium Member
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2012, 22:53
cognizant2001 wrote:
Knowledge Gurus,

A very very Happy New Year to all the admits and to people who are still fighting their way out :)

Wanted to check with you all on something. I was re-re-re-reading my Kellogg essays :-D and got some last minute thoughts for addition. Working on incorporating those, I wonder if it would be OK to use abbreviated names like SEEK or CIM in the essay without providing the full name ? Do you think it will be OK to write them as such ? :) If I write the full names that makes my essay 508 words :(

I read it somewhere on the forum that going 5 % above the recommended essay length might be OK. If anyone can comment a bit on that, I will appreciate that.

Best Wishes !


It's probably fine to use acronyms that are school-specific and these insider acronyms might actually help show that you have strong knowledge of the program. I decided not to, though; instead I said "Social Enterprise at Kellogg (SEEK)" so I could use the acronym again later. 508 words is totally fine. I was naughty and had 540 in one, and well, I still got in...Nonetheless, make sure those extra words are absolutely essential. Usually they're not.
_________________

Blogging about the MBA application process. Because I need to do something with all this bschool energy.
http://www.mybreakaway.com/ Recent post: September 20, "Transitions"

Yale School of Management MBA Candidate, 2015.

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 14 Jul 2011
Posts: 97
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 4

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2012, 02:15
machichi wrote:
It's probably fine to use acronyms that are school-specific and these insider acronyms might actually help show that you have strong knowledge of the program. I decided not to, though; instead I said "Social Enterprise at Kellogg (SEEK)" so I could use the acronym again later. 508 words is totally fine. I was naughty and had 540 in one, and well, I still got in...Nonetheless, make sure those extra words are absolutely essential. Usually they're not.


Thanks buddy ! Totally appreciate it. :)

Although, now my naughty side is provoking me to go back to the raw drafts and seek out information that I previously couldn't fit and may be make my essays 525 words :-D

I was on the dreaded WL last year and am hoping for something better this time :)
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 26 May 2010
Posts: 694
Location: United States (MA)
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE: Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 192 [0], given: 628

Premium Member
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2012, 08:08
cognizant2001 wrote:
machichi wrote:
It's probably fine to use acronyms that are school-specific and these insider acronyms might actually help show that you have strong knowledge of the program. I decided not to, though; instead I said "Social Enterprise at Kellogg (SEEK)" so I could use the acronym again later. 508 words is totally fine. I was naughty and had 540 in one, and well, I still got in...Nonetheless, make sure those extra words are absolutely essential. Usually they're not.


Thanks buddy ! Totally appreciate it. :)

Although, now my naughty side is provoking me to go back to the raw drafts and seek out information that I previously couldn't fit and may be make my essays 525 words :-D

I was on the dreaded WL last year and am hoping for something better this time :)

In my experience, you can get rid of most adverbs ("-ly" words) without materially changing the meaning of your sentences. Maybe give that a shot?
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 18 Nov 2011
Posts: 153
Schools: Johnson '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 50 [0], given: 21

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2012, 13:57
I crawled a few search engine results but only found threads at least a few years old... so does anyone know if Kellogg currently has a preference or specification on single vs. 1.5 vs. double line spacing? Font (Arial, Times New Roman, etc.)? Thanks in advance ~
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 31 Dec 2012, 13:57
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
326 Experts publish their posts in the topic Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants finmaster 1501 04 Jul 2012, 16:31
1 Experts publish their posts in the topic Kellogg (Northwestern) Part time 2013-Calling all applicants souvik101990 26 15 Feb 2013, 07:27
Northwestern (Kellogg) 1-year 2013 - Calling All Applicants ndmaynard 13 22 Oct 2012, 12:03
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  34   35   36   37   38   39   40  ...  76    Next  [ 1502 posts ] 

Moderator: DefyingGravity



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.