Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:05 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.18
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GPA: 3.2
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Sunmitted my app .... Why have the interview invites bin so low?? Any R1 applicant would like to help out .. when did you guys get the majority of the invites?? I have not heard anything from them.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
WE:Information Technology (Investment Banking)
Send PM
All right. Interviewed on Dec 30 and submitted part 2 on Jan 3.

The rest is all about luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Tuck '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Submitted for R2!

Did anyone know that Kellogg does not accept coursework completed online ?!?

I did a couple of additional courses with UCLA Extension's Online program, and the admissions committee just emailed me telling me that they cannot consider those courses, because as per school policy, they do not consider any online coursework. I do not remember reading that anywhere - so this is quite a useful tidbit for all those of you applying/reapplying next year and considering doing online courses to bolster your GPA!!

Cheers,
MBAWanderlust
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.78
WE:Corporate Finance (Consumer Products)
Send PM
stoweker wrote:
Just had a two and a half hour interview. I suppose that's a good sign?

Does anyone know if the app status changes when the interviewer sends in their write up? is there anyway to find out when they send it?

Hey! Congrats on being done with everything! That does sound like a good sign, you must be a conversationalist! There might be a change in status to Interview Complete, but it will say on that screen what the next step or notification will be.

My interview is with an alumni on Monday...any tips or want to share some questions asked? Were there any questions that you were surprised they asked?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.11
WE:Engineering (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Hey guys,

I submitted my application before the deadline, but when I go to my 'Check Status' page I see something saying 'After Part II of your application has been submitted, the next update will confirm whether or not all application materials have been received.' Now, my recommendations were both slightly late, but they've both been submitted by now and when I go back and check the application itself, it says that Part I must be submitted before Part II, and it looks like I happened to submit Part II about 3 minutes before Part I. Do you think this caused something to get screwed up? I'm starting to get a little worried, and I tried calling Kellogg, but of course they're closed until Monday morning.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
WE:Information Technology (Investment Banking)
Send PM
stoweker wrote:

Does anyone know if the app status changes when the interviewer sends in their write up? is there anyway to find out when they send it?

My interview lasted 2 hours...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 113 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 620 Q43 V33
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V40
Send PM
jhpzju wrote:
stoweker wrote:

My interview lasted 2 hours...

Was this an on-campus interview ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Hey everyone! Have any R2 applicants from India received an invite yet? Submitted Part 1 of my application on the 3rd of December and submitted Part 2 just a couple of weeks later.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have submitted Part II but the online status says "After Part II of your application has been submitted, the next update will confirm whether or not all application materials have been received. " -- Am I the only one?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
satsriakal wrote:
I have submitted Part II but the online status says "After Part II of your application has been submitted, the next update will confirm whether or not all application materials have been received. " -- Am I the only one?

Where do you see that?
From within the application, inside part II there's a purple rectangle saying "Part II Application was submitted on ....".
I don't see any other updated info.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FuzzyBuzzard wrote:
satsriakal wrote:

Where do you see that?
From within the application, inside part II there's a purple rectangle saying "Part II Application was submitted on ....".
I don't see any other updated info.

search for kellogg application status check -- go to the first link. I am not able to post the link because I am new to these forums..... :|
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [1]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Kudos
I never got confirmation that my application was complete. And well, it turned out pretty good. Don't fret.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
machichi wrote:
I never got confirmation that my application was complete. And well, it turned out pretty good. Don't fret.

thanks Machichi. My recommender just informed me that he didn't submit examples for supporting his statements. Do you think it will be a reason for ding? Can someone please tell me how recommendations work? I guess it's too late now..? Do you know how recommendations work? My recommender knows me well, but he hasn't provided specific examples. Do you think that that will be an issue? Is it a lost battle?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 642
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE:Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
satsriakal wrote:
machichi wrote:

thanks Machichi. My recommender just informed me that he didn't submit examples for supporting his statements. Do you think it will be a reason for ding? Can someone please tell me how recommendations work? I guess it's too late now..? Do you know how recommendations work? My recommender knows me well, but he hasn't provided specific examples. Do you think that that will be an issue? Is it a lost battle?

It is important for your recommender to provide specific examples - that's why it's imperative to have a recommender who knows you rather than someone with an impressive title. That said, there is truly nothing you can do about it now. Just cross your fingers and enjoy the wait with the rest of us! :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kingfalcon wrote:
satsriakal wrote:
machichi wrote:

It is important for your recommender to provide specific examples - that's why it's imperative to have a recommender who knows you rather than someone with an impressive title. That said, there is truly nothing you can do about it now. Just cross your fingers and enjoy the wait with the rest of us! :)

I think he gave very few examples, but not detailed ones --- similar to what we write on essays.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V34
GMAT 2: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 2.79
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Question for US Round 2 off-campus interview applicants, have you guys received an email from the admissions office about interviews? I see that some people have already interviewed. I know Kellogg tries to interview as many people as possible but still curious! Thanks!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 642
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE:Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
jplw26 wrote:
Question for US Round 2 off-campus interview applicants, have you guys received an email from the admissions office about interviews? I see that some people have already interviewed. I know Kellogg tries to interview as many people as possible but still curious! Thanks!

Yeah, I applied in Round 2 and did my off-campus interview in MA last week. I'm sure it's partially a function of interviewer availability.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  36   37   38   39   40   41   42  ...  76   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts