Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 08:25 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 08:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GPA: 3.2
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
I submitted part I for R1 deadline (September) but then have decided to wait with it, and submitted part II for R2, and was told that my application will be considered for R2.

I don't quite understand what to expect regarding decision dates. When am I suppose to get interview request/waiver? Kellogg website mentions something similar to "8 weeks after submitting part I, with a preference to those who also submitted the second part". My 1st part is 4 months old now...
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
@cymin - thanks for your reply. I'm a reapplicant who had requested an off campus interview and actually received an invite. So technically I'm not sure whether i fall in one of the categories you mentioned. Anyway thanks for your insights
Intern
Intern
Send PM
viper1983 wrote:
@cymin - thanks for your reply. I'm a reapplicant who had requested an off campus interview and actually received an invite. So technically I'm not sure whether i fall in one of the categories you mentioned. Anyway thanks for your insights

Great my friend,
I was waitlisted from last year hence felt Kellogg pain til June..lol
At least you know from the above insight and your current situation that your only guess is no guess, you know what categories you can offset, still you stand the same chances of getting in/being dinged/being waitlisted.
Good, Kellogg does respect your continuous interest in the school, still you can't guess until March 21st.

Good luck to all, once you've hit submit and interviewed, relax!!! Stress won't dare help.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FuzzyBuzzard wrote:
I submitted part I for R1 deadline (September) but then have decided to wait with it, and submitted part II for R2, and was told that my application will be considered for R2.

I don't quite understand what to expect regarding decision dates. When am I suppose to get interview request/waiver? Kellogg website mentions something similar to "8 weeks after submitting part I, with a preference to those who also submitted the second part". My 1st part is 4 months old now...

@FuzzyBuzzard
If you haven't heard from them, you shouldn't worry, unfortunately nobody except adcom can give full light in your case.
Kellogg won't start reading your app before interviewing you or granting you interview waiver. Which leaves you with the comfort that they haven't read your app, hence, relax. My bet would be you will learn from them within the 8 weeks from R2 deadline. Contacting them before won't really help, for sure they have tracking tools, they know your material is biping "read me, read me"!!!
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 19
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Anyone know the dates for Day at Kellogg for R2? My team's vacay calendar is filling up and I'd like to make sure I'm able to attend if accepted.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
FuzzyBuzzard wrote:

If you are an international applicant, you might want to read this-

https://unclearadmit.tumblr.com/post/377 ... licy-sucks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools: CBS '15 (S)
Send PM
Sorry I'm new here. I applied to Kellogg in R2 last week.
I need to schedule an interview on-campus as I submitted Part 1 and Part 2 both on the deadline.

However, I am living about 5000 miles away from Evanston with a very very busy and unpredictable schedule and I don't think I can make it to the on-campus interview. What should I do?

Is it possible to get an interview waiver? In that case, they will base their decision solely on the written application?
I would still need to interview with them after being admitted right?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
Any details on the turn around time from Interview to the decision being rendered? I am interviewing Tuesday 1/15/13 in NYC and am curious to know how quickly the process moves after this portion. Additionally, any pointers from those who have interviewed before about how to best prepare or anything you thought went over exceptionally well with the interviewer?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
pgreco86 wrote:
Any details on the turn around time from Interview to the decision being rendered? I am interviewing Tuesday 1/15/13 in NYC and am curious to know how quickly the process moves after this portion. Additionally, any pointers from those who have interviewed before about how to best prepare or anything you thought went over exceptionally well with the interviewer?

You won't hear anything until the decision release date - everyone hears news on the same day. I interviewed very early on during round 1 and had to wait almost 2 months before I heard from Kellogg again.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
anonymice wrote:
I need to schedule an interview on-campus as I submitted Part 1 and Part 2 both on the deadline.

However, I am living about 5000 miles away from Evanston with a very very busy and unpredictable schedule and I don't think I can make it to the on-campus interview. What should I do?

Is it possible to get an interview waiver? In that case, they will base their decision solely on the written application?

The interview is precondition for admission, you can't get in without interviewing refer to FAQ on Kellogg website. The deadline is gone right? why not simply ask for off campus and leave the adcom decide whether they will grant you a waiver. Remember a waiver per sei doesn't mean you are in or dinged, but a waiver without interview would go for ding way...
Current Student
Affiliations: Volunteer Operation Smile India, Creative Head of College IEEE branch (2009-10), Chief Editor College Magazine (2009), Finance Head College Magazine (2008)
Own Kudos [?]: 302 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
WE2: Entrepreneur (E-commerce - The Laptop Skin Vault)
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Marketing (Other)
Send PM
I just got this e-mail frm Kellogg. Don't remember getting any such thing frm Kellogg when I applied last year (I'm a reapp frm India and my interview was waived last year).

"Thank you for requesting an off-campus interview. Due to the high volume of interview requests that we have received, we are still in the process of fulfilling interview requirements. We have your interview request and you will receive an update regarding the status of your interview requirement within the next few weeks."

Anyone else get this e-mail?

Originally posted by kidchaos on 11 Jan 2013, 21:12.
Last edited by kidchaos on 11 Jan 2013, 23:42, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
where is my interview!!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
WE:Marketing (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
I got the same email. The wait is on.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Send PM
kidchaos wrote:
I just got this e-mail frm Kellogg. Don't remember getting any such thing frm Kellogg when I applied last year (I'm a reapp frm India and my interview was waived last year).

"Thank you for requesting an off-campus interview. Due to the high volume of interview requests that we have received, we are still in the process of fulfilling interview requirements. We have your interview request and you will receive an update regarding the status of your interview requirement within the next few weeks."

Me too ! I am a reapplicant ...and i am sure I did not get this email last time.

Let's wait and watch !
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1175 [0]
Given Kudos: 50
Concentration: Marketing
Schools:IE'14, ISB'14, Kellogg'15
 Q47  V26 GMAT 2: 540  Q45  V19 GMAT 3: 580  Q48  V23
WE 1: 7 Yrs in Automobile (Commercial Vehicle industry)
Send PM
MudaromundO wrote:
kidchaos wrote:

Me too ! I am a reapplicant ...and i am sure I did not get this email last time.

Let's wait and watch !

Me too got the same mail. I am a fresh applicant!!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
kidchaos wrote:
Due to the high volume of interview requests that we have received, we are still in the process of fulfilling interview requirements. We have your interview request and you will receive an update regarding the status of your interview requirement within the next few weeks."[/b][/i]

This is a logically incorrect but grammatically correct statement as per the GMAT! :D It's funny.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.18
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
cymin wrote:
anonymice wrote:

The interview is precondition for admission, you can't get in without interviewing refer to FAQ on Kellogg website. The deadline is gone right? why not simply ask for off campus and leave the adcom decide whether they will grant you a waiver. Remember a waiver per sei doesn't mean you are in or dinged, but a waiver without interview would go for ding way...

I would find a way to make yourself free for the interview. Since you selected on-campus, you cannot hope for a waiver since they do not exist for the on-campus interview. If you never schedule the interview, you will certainly be dinged (due to requirement stated above).

If you really do not think it is feasible to schedule the interview, travel to Evanston, and travel home, I suggest calling the AdCom and explain your situation and ask to be placed in the off-campus interview category. They could say yes (problem solved) or no (back at the situation above). Either way, I personally think this is risky because it begs the question as to why you would then request an on-campus interview? They might think you could not meet the deadline for off-campus requests (not positive) or that you did not think through the travel required, etc (also not positive). In the end, this could really hurt your chances.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  37   38   39   40   41   42   43  ...  76   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts