Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Oct 2014, 05:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 29 [1] , given: 13

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2013, 08:39
This post received
KUDOS
beingkp wrote:
For the interview next week (my first), can somebody please advise what should I carry?

I can only think of carrying a copy (or maybe few extra copies) of my CV. Anything else?

I had an off campus alumni interview and only took a copy of my resume (in a nice bag), which he'd brought with him anyway.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 36 [1] , given: 23

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2013, 08:56
This post received
KUDOS
cole2012 wrote:
beingkp wrote:
For the interview next week (my first), can somebody please advise what should I carry?

I can only think of carrying a copy (or maybe few extra copies) of my CV. Anything else?

I had an off campus alumni interview and only took a copy of my resume (in a nice bag), which he'd brought with him anyway.

Same here. The only other thing I can think of is to take some form of identification. I wasn't asked for any, but you can never be sure. A driver's license should do.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GRE 1: 316 Q161 V155
GPA: 3.64
WE: Sales (Internet and New Media)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 2

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2013, 09:01
This post received
KUDOS
beingkp wrote:

I would also bring something to takedown notes from the interview. My interviewer had a lot of great answers to my questions so was good to keep a record on hand.

I also brought my own list of questions and topics to discuss...along with my resume too just in case they don't print one off.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: Q V0
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2013, 02:22
Hello,
R2 applicant here. I would like to connect to current students. From the website the only way I see is through the clubs.
However, in the Contact Us section of each club you write your message then click on Submit but then you have to login with your KelloggGroups account :(
Since I don't know anyone from Kellogg in my network, is there anyone who can tell me how to connect to current students?
Thanks!
Current Student
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 8

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2013, 02:29
Sannuzzo wrote:
Hello,
R2 applicant here. I would like to connect to current students. From the website the only way I see is through the clubs.
However, in the Contact Us section of each club you write your message then click on Submit but then you have to login with your KelloggGroups account :(
Since I don't know anyone from Kellogg in my network, is there anyone who can tell me how to connect to current students?
Thanks!

Hi,

why don't you write directly to officers of the various students clubs? I see that their email is shown in their profiles....
Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 10

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2013, 02:41
MBA83MI wrote:
Sannuzzo wrote:
Hello,
Thanks!

Hi,

why don't you write directly to officers of the various students clubs? I see that their email is shown in their profiles....

That's exactly what I did and got a nice and long response. You should try that.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: Q V0
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2013, 02:50
FuzzyBuzzard wrote:
MBA83MI wrote:
Sannuzzo wrote:
Hello,
Thanks!

Hi,

That's exactly what I did and got a nice and long response. You should try that.

Thanks! I've done the same!
Cheers
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
WE: Sales (Energy and Utilities)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2013, 09:08
Hi

I'm an applicant from India (Delhi). As I see on this thread, some of the Indian applicants have received interview calls (Couple of them in Mumbai region).

I just received an Interview waiver with the reason of non-availability of Alumni interviewers in the area.

Can anyone please suggest approximately how long will it be till the next update from Kellogg on a possible telecon or a dinge?

Cheers
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q45 V47
GPA: 3.53
WE: Law (Law)

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 3

Reviews Badge
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2013, 12:59
Anyone else still have this in their status on the status check portion of the site?

"Thank you for your interest in the Kellogg School of Management.

After Part II of your application has been submitted, the next update will confirm whether or not all application materials have been received. Due to the high volume of applications that are submitted near the application deadline, please allow several weeks of process time for our staff to match all materials and to verify all required items have been received. "
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 11

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2013, 14:24
madammepsychosis wrote:
Anyone else still have this in their status on the status check portion of the site?

"Thank you for your interest in the Kellogg School of Management.

After Part II of your application has been submitted, the next update will confirm whether or not all application materials have been received. Due to the high volume of applications that are submitted near the application deadline, please allow several weeks of process time for our staff to match all materials and to verify all required items have been received. "

Yep, sure do. My interview was a month ago so I keep checking eagerly for it to change (to something like "admit" of course!).
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 11

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2013, 14:27
Maximus2013 wrote:
Hi

I'm an applicant from India (Delhi). As I see on this thread, some of the Indian applicants have received interview calls (Couple of them in Mumbai region).

I just received an Interview waiver with the reason of non-availability of Alumni interviewers in the area.

Can anyone please suggest approximately how long will it be till the next update from Kellogg on a possible telecon or a dinge?

Cheers

Not sure if its the same for everyone but I contacted Kellogg admissions asking for information about my status because I have another offer from a school pending. I got a reply a couple of hours later stating "We cannot release decisions early but do promise to let all candidates know their status on March 21, our posted deadline."
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q45 V47
GPA: 3.53
WE: Law (Law)

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 3

Reviews Badge
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2013, 14:45
Psiga wrote:
Yep, sure do. My interview was a month ago so I keep checking eagerly for it to change (to something like "admit" of course!).

Yeah, same here -- interview about a month ago. As long as I'm not the only one I'm not worried. Shot an email to admissions to check, but I'm sure we are fine.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2013, 22:05
Maximus2013 wrote:
Hi

Cheers

Even I am from India (Bangalore). i got a mail today morning that my Interview has been waived due to limited availability of interviewers. But the ad-com will contact directly in case they have any doubts. So am I supposed to expect a call from the ad-coms or just wait and watch till March 21st???
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
WE: Marketing (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 15

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2013, 00:47
Received an email and scheduled my interview for Friday, Feb 9th. Indian applicant in Mumbai.

<Getting prepared to change the world>

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2013, 00:57
Are there any Indian applicants who have neither received an interview invite nor a waiver uptil now ?
Current Student
Affiliations: Volunteer Operation Smile India, Creative Head of College IEEE branch (2009-10), Chief Editor College Magazine (2009), Finance Head College Magazine (2008)
WE2: Entrepreneur (E-commerce - The Laptop Skin Vault)
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE: Marketing (Other)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 24

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2013, 00:58
JAGGnNoida wrote:
Are there any Indian applicants who have neither received an interview invite nor a waiver uptil now ?

Yup that would be me. I'm frm Mumbai.

Posted from my mobile device Image

Kidchaos

http://www.laptopskinvault.com

Follow The Laptop Skin Vault on:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TheLaptopSkinVault
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/LaptopSkinVault

Consider Kudos if you think the Post is good
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot. Nothing is going to change. It's not. - Dr. Seuss

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2013, 01:07
R1 applicants and experienced folks - How should we read receiving neither a invite nor a waiver uptil now ? With eight weeks (~2 months) post Part - I (R2) deadline (4th Dec) finishing soon, it is advisable to check with Kellogg adcom ?
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 26

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2013, 01:26
JAGGnNoida wrote:
R1 applicants and experienced folks - How should we read receiving neither a invite nor a waiver uptil now ? With eight weeks (~2 months) post Part - I (R2) deadline (4th Dec) finishing soon, it is advisable to check with Kellogg adcom ?

+1 on no invite, no waiver. IMO, it's too early to bother adcom.
They are making their decisions. What are the odds of - they wanted to invite you, but forgot? Not much. :wink:

The chase begins ...

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
WE: Sales (Energy and Utilities)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2013, 02:11
So is it safe to assume that Kellogg strictly invites applicant for an interview in and around their state only and it does not make an applicant travel to another state (Delhi ---> Mumbai, Bangalore ---> Mumbai etc) for a personal interview, even if they really 'like' the applicants profile. :idea: :idea:

Can anyone (seniors, R1 applicants, R2 interviewed applicants etc) throw some light on this please! Has anyone in India been invited to a different state for a personal interview with Kellogg? :?:
Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
WE: Corporate Finance (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 5

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2013, 10:53
kidchaos wrote:
JAGGnNoida wrote:

Yup that would be me. I'm frm Mumbai.

Posted from my mobile device Image

Me too. I am from Delhi. Still waiting for a communication.
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 02 Feb 2013, 10:53