Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 17:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
WE: Marketing (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 15

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2013, 04:38
By the way, my email communication for the interview slot registration process mentioned that this is 'Day two' of the interview process (Feb 9th, Mumbai). If so, anyone from Day One? Also, when I registered, the only slot available was the 9.30am slot. Any others in Mumbai for this particular time slot? It could be interesting to exchange notes :)

<Getting prepared to change the world>

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: Q V

Kudos [?]: 81 [0], given: 43

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 10:10
Maximus2013 wrote:
So is it safe to assume that Kellogg strictly invites applicant for an interview in and around their state only and it does not make an applicant travel to another state (Delhi ---> Mumbai, Bangalore ---> Mumbai etc) for a personal interview, even if they really 'like' the applicants profile. :idea: :idea:

Can anyone (seniors, R1 applicants, R2 interviewed applicants etc) throw some light on this please! Has anyone in India been invited to a different state for a personal interview with Kellogg? :?:

Hello guys,
I'm not from India, so I can't really be sure about what are the selection criterias for interviewed candidates in your country, but I can share my experience. In Brazil, Kellogg was able to arrange a personal interview for me in my own city, but another school made me travel to interview, even though I had the option of scheduling a Skype interview.
Nevertheless, if you read this thread, you'll see there are people interviewing in person, and people receiving waivers, all in the same location. It's impossible to know for sure what the school is thinking. Maybe Kellogg has no interest in your candidacy, maybe the adcom feels that an interview wouldn't help too much in evaluating you, maybe you'll be waitlisted and interviewed later, or maybe things will go well and you'll receive an offer of admission, who knows?? I'd try not to read too much into it, I realize it's hard not to get nervous with what might happen, but the school obviously knows what it's doing, and trying to guess what its actions mean just drives us crazy! The decision is no longer in our hands, so let's just try to relax and hope for the best!
I believe (and this is just my opinion) that in areas of high demand, Kellogg will give priority to whoever the school feels the need to understand a little better. That doesn't mean that someone who receives an interview waiver is automatically out of the process.

Well, that is how I try to remais calm during these weeks of uncertainty. If there's nothing else I can do, it means I've done everything I could. Whatever will be, will be.

Good luck guys!!!
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
WE: Corporate Finance (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 8 [1] , given: 5

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 11:57
This post received
KUDOS
Just received an off-campus interview invite for February 9th :). Indian applicant. Interview location - Gurgaon (Near New Delhi).
1 KUDOS received
Retired Moderator
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 149 [1] , given: 27

GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 20:13
This post received
KUDOS
Another friend of mine from Delhi got his invite for the 9th.

http://unclearadmit.tumblr.com
Latest Blog Entry:
09-05-13 Its been too long ... Updates & the Tuck Loan

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 26

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 20:58
Neither invite, nor waiver. Kellogg is all acting like that confused chick I proposed - can't live with me, can't live without me. Ha ! :wink:

The chase begins ...

Retired Moderator
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 149 [0], given: 27

GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 22:00
dreamchase wrote:
Neither invite, nor waiver. Kellogg is all acting like that confused chick I proposed - can't live with me, can't live without me. Ha ! :wink:

Well atleast one of the other chicks you proposed to accepted. Which is a big deal given India's f*cked up sex ratio (the analogy here of course referring to the over represented Indian applicant pool). haha - cheers!

http://unclearadmit.tumblr.com
Latest Blog Entry:
09-05-13 Its been too long ... Updates & the Tuck Loan

Manager
Manager
WE: Project Management (Real Estate)

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 9

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 22:01
I got a waiver on saturday for interview in delhi. I feel that either the adcom is trying to match candidate profile with the interviewer's profile or the one's who have got the waiver are doomed.
Manager
Manager

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 22:19
str1der wrote:
dreamchase wrote:

Well atleast one of the other chicks you proposed to accepted. Which is a big deal given India's f*cked up sex ratio (the analogy here of course referring to the over represented Indian applicant pool). haha - cheers!

str1der,
You could straight head to a honeymoon on a tropical exotic island. The chick you proposed to, accepted you and you both decided to marry to ' live happily ever after'.
However, I'm still on a hunt. :twisted:
While I hate to ditch if I do, someone who gave me my first acceptance, sometimes you do what you've gotta do.

The chase begins ...

2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
WE: Marketing (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)

Kudos [?]: 26 [2] , given: 15

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2013, 07:22
This post received
KUDOS
The great str1der is still here reading and answering our silly, silly questions...good stuff buddy :) your blog's kept me hooked these past 3 months of GMAT preps and application processes....cheers mate.

<Getting prepared to change the world>

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2013, 08:37
Got an interview assignment with an alum in Hyderabad, India. Have been asked to check with him for a convenient time for the interview.
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 10

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2013, 02:37
Hi,

Had my interview a few days ago, with an alumnus, in my town. We met at a coffee shop. He had my resume and went on it briefly prior to the meeting, from what I can say. He said it will be about 45 minutes, we ended in 1:15 hour.
The questions were as follows:
1) Walk me through your resume + short questions along my answer (why this undergradute degree? what did you do here\there...)
2) Tell me about a time you worked in a team, and your team was encountering difficulties.
3) Why do you want an MBA (which led to more questions - which students did I talk to, what were your impressions...)
4) TMAAT you thought that you see the solution to a problem, but your teamembers\manager didn't see it as you?
5) How will you contribute to the school?
6) What qualities define a great leader in your view? Tell me about a great leader that impressed you.
7) few questions regarding my engineering background
8) What do you define as a difficult task? which tasks you do like to do?
9) my questions to him.

Overall, the conversation was smooth and nice and very friendly. I got the impression that I am tested more for a "fit" than for anything else.

Goodluck to all of us!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 11

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2013, 09:29
madammepsychosis wrote:
Psiga wrote:
Yep, sure do. My interview was a month ago so I keep checking eagerly for it to change (to something like "admit" of course!).

Yeah, same here -- interview about a month ago. As long as I'm not the only one I'm not worried. Shot an email to admissions to check, but I'm sure we are fine.

My status still hasn't changed. Did you hear anything informative back from admissions?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q45 V47
GPA: 3.53
WE: Law (Law)

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 3

Reviews Badge
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2013, 09:39
Psiga wrote:
My status still hasn't changed. Did you hear anything informative back from admissions?

My status hasn't changed either, but I did get this response from admissions:

We had an influx of interview requests for this round of admissions, so it is taking a bit longer that we expected to update the application status check. Please be patient with us during this busy season as we will get that information to you as soon as we can.
Manager
Manager

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2013, 10:22
Are there people in India still waiting for an invite or waiver ?
I called Admissions office today. Unfortunately, my call was forwarded to someone who wasn't there to pick the phone.

Edit : Got the interview invite few hours from this post.

The chase begins ...

Last edited by dreamchase on 08 Feb 2013, 01:30, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Tuck '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V46
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.5
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 64 [0], given: 13

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2013, 07:24
Got my interview assignment on Jan 30, and had the interview today. Indian reapplicant, interviewed in Bangalore. Interview went quite well, will update details in a bit.

Cheers,
MBAWanderlust
Manager
Manager

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2013, 08:21
Is there anyone who got a waiver and was accepted later? This would help clear some myths about initial interview waivers.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 7

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2013, 09:52
I wanted to confirm the time slot for my interview. Now I can find any written mail after the request for interview registration stating that. Any idea where I can find it?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3
WE: Marketing (Consumer Products)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2013, 01:09
beingkp wrote:
I wanted to confirm the time slot for my interview. Now I can find any written mail after the request for interview registration stating that. Any idea where I can find it?

You should get an info email from admissions ..I got one..
Manager
Manager

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2013, 01:32
skbhagra wrote:
Is there anyone who got a waiver and was accepted later? This would help clear some myths about initial interview waivers.

This is a very usual phenomenon at Kellogg. You apply, get waiver, get invite, and get accepted.

The chase begins ...

Manager
Manager

Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2013, 02:59
dreamchase wrote:
skbhagra wrote:

This is a very usual phenomenon at Kellogg. You apply, get waiver, get invite, and get accepted.

Thanks. I hope my journey follows the exact same path ;)
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 08 Feb 2013, 02:59