Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:36 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
WE:Sales (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Hi

I'm an applicant from India (Delhi). As I see on this thread, some of the Indian applicants have received interview calls (Couple of them in Mumbai region).

I just received an Interview waiver with the reason of non-availability of Alumni interviewers in the area.

Can anyone please suggest approximately how long will it be till the next update from Kellogg on a possible telecon or a dinge?

Cheers
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 740 Q45 V47
GPA: 3.53
WE:Law (Law)
Send PM
Anyone else still have this in their status on the status check portion of the site?

"Thank you for your interest in the Kellogg School of Management.

After Part II of your application has been submitted, the next update will confirm whether or not all application materials have been received. Due to the high volume of applications that are submitted near the application deadline, please allow several weeks of process time for our staff to match all materials and to verify all required items have been received. "
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
madammepsychosis wrote:
Anyone else still have this in their status on the status check portion of the site?

"Thank you for your interest in the Kellogg School of Management.

After Part II of your application has been submitted, the next update will confirm whether or not all application materials have been received. Due to the high volume of applications that are submitted near the application deadline, please allow several weeks of process time for our staff to match all materials and to verify all required items have been received. "

Yep, sure do. My interview was a month ago so I keep checking eagerly for it to change (to something like "admit" of course!).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Maximus2013 wrote:
Hi

I'm an applicant from India (Delhi). As I see on this thread, some of the Indian applicants have received interview calls (Couple of them in Mumbai region).

I just received an Interview waiver with the reason of non-availability of Alumni interviewers in the area.

Can anyone please suggest approximately how long will it be till the next update from Kellogg on a possible telecon or a dinge?

Cheers

Not sure if its the same for everyone but I contacted Kellogg admissions asking for information about my status because I have another offer from a school pending. I got a reply a couple of hours later stating "We cannot release decisions early but do promise to let all candidates know their status on March 21, our posted deadline."
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 740 Q45 V47
GPA: 3.53
WE:Law (Law)
Send PM
Psiga wrote:
Yep, sure do. My interview was a month ago so I keep checking eagerly for it to change (to something like "admit" of course!).

Yeah, same here -- interview about a month ago. As long as I'm not the only one I'm not worried. Shot an email to admissions to check, but I'm sure we are fine.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Maximus2013 wrote:
Hi

Cheers

Even I am from India (Bangalore). i got a mail today morning that my Interview has been waived due to limited availability of interviewers. But the ad-com will contact directly in case they have any doubts. So am I supposed to expect a call from the ad-coms or just wait and watch till March 21st???
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
WE:Marketing (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Received an email and scheduled my interview for Friday, Feb 9th. Indian applicant in Mumbai.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Are there any Indian applicants who have neither received an interview invite nor a waiver uptil now ?
Current Student
Affiliations: Volunteer Operation Smile India, Creative Head of College IEEE branch (2009-10), Chief Editor College Magazine (2009), Finance Head College Magazine (2008)
Own Kudos [?]: 302 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
WE2: Entrepreneur (E-commerce - The Laptop Skin Vault)
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Marketing (Other)
Send PM
JAGGnNoida wrote:
Are there any Indian applicants who have neither received an interview invite nor a waiver uptil now ?

Yup that would be me. I'm frm Mumbai.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
R1 applicants and experienced folks - How should we read receiving neither a invite nor a waiver uptil now ? With eight weeks (~2 months) post Part - I (R2) deadline (4th Dec) finishing soon, it is advisable to check with Kellogg adcom ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 115 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Send PM
JAGGnNoida wrote:
R1 applicants and experienced folks - How should we read receiving neither a invite nor a waiver uptil now ? With eight weeks (~2 months) post Part - I (R2) deadline (4th Dec) finishing soon, it is advisable to check with Kellogg adcom ?

+1 on no invite, no waiver. IMO, it's too early to bother adcom.
They are making their decisions. What are the odds of - they wanted to invite you, but forgot? Not much. :wink:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
WE:Sales (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
So is it safe to assume that Kellogg strictly invites applicant for an interview in and around their state only and it does not make an applicant travel to another state (Delhi ---> Mumbai, Bangalore ---> Mumbai etc) for a personal interview, even if they really 'like' the applicants profile. :idea: :idea:

Can anyone (seniors, R1 applicants, R2 interviewed applicants etc) throw some light on this please! Has anyone in India been invited to a different state for a personal interview with Kellogg? :?:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
WE:Corporate Finance (Consulting)
Send PM
kidchaos wrote:
JAGGnNoida wrote:

Yup that would be me. I'm frm Mumbai.

Posted from my mobile device

Me too. I am from Delhi. Still waiting for a communication.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
WE:Marketing (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
By the way, my email communication for the interview slot registration process mentioned that this is 'Day two' of the interview process (Feb 9th, Mumbai). If so, anyone from Day One? Also, when I registered, the only slot available was the 9.30am slot. Any others in Mumbai for this particular time slot? It could be interesting to exchange notes :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 90 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Maximus2013 wrote:
So is it safe to assume that Kellogg strictly invites applicant for an interview in and around their state only and it does not make an applicant travel to another state (Delhi ---> Mumbai, Bangalore ---> Mumbai etc) for a personal interview, even if they really 'like' the applicants profile. :idea: :idea:

Can anyone (seniors, R1 applicants, R2 interviewed applicants etc) throw some light on this please! Has anyone in India been invited to a different state for a personal interview with Kellogg? :?:

Hello guys,
I'm not from India, so I can't really be sure about what are the selection criterias for interviewed candidates in your country, but I can share my experience. In Brazil, Kellogg was able to arrange a personal interview for me in my own city, but another school made me travel to interview, even though I had the option of scheduling a Skype interview.
Nevertheless, if you read this thread, you'll see there are people interviewing in person, and people receiving waivers, all in the same location. It's impossible to know for sure what the school is thinking. Maybe Kellogg has no interest in your candidacy, maybe the adcom feels that an interview wouldn't help too much in evaluating you, maybe you'll be waitlisted and interviewed later, or maybe things will go well and you'll receive an offer of admission, who knows?? I'd try not to read too much into it, I realize it's hard not to get nervous with what might happen, but the school obviously knows what it's doing, and trying to guess what its actions mean just drives us crazy! The decision is no longer in our hands, so let's just try to relax and hope for the best!
I believe (and this is just my opinion) that in areas of high demand, Kellogg will give priority to whoever the school feels the need to understand a little better. That doesn't mean that someone who receives an interview waiver is automatically out of the process.

Well, that is how I try to remais calm during these weeks of uncertainty. If there's nothing else I can do, it means I've done everything I could. Whatever will be, will be.

Good luck guys!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 115 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Send PM
Neither invite, nor waiver. Kellogg is all acting like that confused chick I proposed - can't live with me, can't live without me. Ha ! :wink:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Send PM
dreamchase wrote:
Neither invite, nor waiver. Kellogg is all acting like that confused chick I proposed - can't live with me, can't live without me. Ha ! :wink:

Well atleast one of the other chicks you proposed to accepted. Which is a big deal given India's f*cked up sex ratio (the analogy here of course referring to the over represented Indian applicant pool). haha - cheers!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  46   47   48   49   50   51   52  ...  76   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts